Author Topic: Things you can do today besides reading trade speculation or stalking Chad Ford  (Read 4857 times)

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If you are like me at all, you hate this time of year. A month ago it was a pleasant diversion, a week ago it was a serious time waster, but by now it is an infactuation. A dangerous one. You find yourself leaving your apartment in the middle of the night just to find a pay phone so you can call Marc Spears and not get picked up by the caller ID..um..checking twitter a lot. Like a lot.

Also, my boss has taken the day off today, and usually Thursdays are deathly slow...so I am going to need to waste some time today.

So, in that spirit, Lets waste some time. Here are some time wasters I know, and maybe you guys can post a few of your own.

HULU:Most shows rerun the next day on Hulu, but today I have one tasty nugget in particular.

Taster's Choice: The Tale of Zatoichi
Summary: Zatoichi (Shintaro Katsu), trying to live a quiet life as a tradesman, is a blind master swordsman taunted by rival samurai. A warlord discovering the blind masseur's talents attempts to hire him,...  Zatoichi (Shintaro Katsu), trying to live a quiet life as a tradesman, is a blind master swordsman taunted by rival samurai. A warlord discovering the blind masseur's talents attempts to hire him, but Zatoichi wants no part. Zatoichi is soon called into action, however, when the rival warlord hires a samurai to challenge the blind swordsman. This black and white samurai epic gave rise to one of the most popular characters in Japanese film history and would spawn dozens of sequels. -from Rotten Tomatoes, where it got a 100%

Armor Games.com: This is THE website for flash games online, at least from what I've found. I used to go to addictinggames.com, but then I kept seeing that the best games all came from Armor. This place has everything from legit online RPG's to strategy to action. Pay close attention to the rating systems. The higher the rating the better the game.

Taster's Choice: GemCraft Chapter 0

It's a strategy defend the castle type game that has a slight learning curve, but is by far the best out there. This game is technically a prequel to the original gemcraft, but it's so much more fluid and refined than the earlier game, it functions more as a sequel.

Post your timewasters! Nothing illegal and nothing that violates copyright law.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Call of Duty, my anti-insanity.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

COD is made of magic dragon tears and unicorn horn powder, that's true...
but I am at work, an lacking the consolation of a console.

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hmm...  I'd say "actually do some work", but since I'm out of here a week from tomorrow, there's little chance of that happening.

Trade deadline obsessing, it is.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

COD is made of magic dragon tears and unicorn horn powder, that's true...
but I am at work, an lacking the consolation of a console.

Can you play browser games? Check out Newgrounds.com if you can, always has entertaining flash games and videos. Play some Alien Hominid, that's a classic.

I'ma go pop in CoD4, because I have no life  8)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If you are like me at all, you hate this time of year. A month ago it was a pleasant diversion, a week ago it was a serious time waster, but by now it is an infactuation. A dangerous one. You find yourself leaving your apartment in the middle of the night just to find a pay phone so you can call Marc Spears and not get picked up by the caller ID..um..checking twitter a lot. Like a lot.

I am also at work and feel your pain. Can I have Marc Spears number?

I'm trying to listen to sports radio for NBA updates. Espn, Weei and 98.5 are all talking only Tiger Woods. It's the NBA TRADING DEADLINE, I don't care about Tiger.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

My xbox broke... again.  :'(

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
So "The Tale Of Zatoichi" was excellent. Just saying, it was really good.

Offline idrinkdetergent

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 24
i tired to do some work, but ended up just giving up because well im feeling lazy
"Sam Cassell was heckling on the sideline when I walked down, He looked at me and was like, ‘You're getting the ball, I know you're getting the ball!'
said Allen.

And did Cassell, a man of many words, have anything to say after that?

"No, I told him he needed to wear a tie."

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
So "The Tale Of Zatoichi" was excellent. Just saying, it was really good.
Big fan of those movies. Great fun.