Author Topic: If the C's add Nate, do they make any other moves?  (Read 3916 times)

If the C's add Nate, do they make any other moves?
« on: February 16, 2010, 09:55:14 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
So from the Mark Murphy article it sounds like a Keevin Martin for Ray deal is dead. Also if we get Nate that would take Hinrich out of the equation.

I would still love to add Jamison if we could. Or any kind of upgrade from BBD and his cry baby attitude.

Re: If the C's add Nate, do they make any other moves?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:57:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 757
  • MASTER OF PANIC
no. i def. think ray was the only other guy being shopped. and i think danny believes in ray and the big three. i would love to rid ourselves of eddie and scal while keeping tony allen. wouldn't mind adding another big after buyouts.

but i believe this will be the only deal boston makes if it happens

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i think danny truly believes that he only needs a backup PG.  he's probably been gauging interest in Ray Allen, but never got to anything close.

so, no, I don't believe anything else would happen.  Danny firmly believes that this team is fine (that's his assessment and not necessarily mine) and that they need to get healthy and find a way to turn on the switch down the stretch.

truthfully, there's just not much else out there to get without gutting this team, and i don't think danny has the brass to do that.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 10:00:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think danny truly believes that he only needs a backup PG.  he's probably been gauging interest in Ray Allen, but never got to anything close.

so, no, I don't believe anything else would happen.  Danny firmly believes that this team is fine (that's his assessment and not necessarily mine) and that they need to get healthy and find a way to turn on the switch down the stretch.

truthfully, there's just not much else out there to get without gutting this team, and i don't think danny has the brass to do that.

it is obvious danny didnt get anything close to what he wanted for ray. maybe ray will remember this when danny wants to sign him for a minimum deal this summer

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

it is obvious danny didnt get anything close to what he wanted for ray. maybe ray will remember this when danny wants to sign him for a minimum deal this summer

Ray has been traded twice... he understands the game.

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 10:02:05 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I still think the C's need to add an athletic 3/4. . Atlanta and Orlando are so Athletic at those positions and I don't Know if KG will be able to play more than 30 effective mins.

Ty Thomas would be great if we could somehow get him.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 10:02:29 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC

i know he does...but this might be a little different

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Guess we can give up hope on a trade that makes a large impact, then.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 10:03:21 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I still think the C's need to add an athletic 3/4. . Atlanta and Orlando are so Athletic at those positions and I don't Know if KG will be able to play more than 30 effective mins.

eddie and scal to new york for nate

giddens and tony to the bulls for thomas

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 10:04:33 PM »

Offline MF Doom

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
With Ray and Martin talks dieing down, and the potential trade of Nate, it looks like Ainge believes this group, with minor tweaks, can contend. I hope he is right because if not, we will look back at this and regret not getting Martin for the future.

Anyways... Lets Go C's. If Ainge thinks we have a shot, then it all starts tonight and the rest of this trip

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 10:05:12 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

I would throw in a 1st or BBD if it helps get the deal done.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:05:32 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

i don't think giddens and tony would be enough, but i like the premise of this deal.  what about a pair of 2nd round picks added?

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 10:06:08 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen

I would throw in a 1st or BBD if it helps get the deal done.

i think that's too much for thomas...

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

i know he does...but this might be a little different

Like the Mike Lowell thing? I just think that he's such a professional...

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 10:16:21 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 892

This doesn't work per Trade Machine (the Nate part I should say), or am I missing something?