Author Topic: Teams that have to/would like to deal.  (Read 4918 times)

Re: Teams that have to/would like to deal.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 07:38:31 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be
Chicago -- I think they should only clear enough cap space for one max contract and build around Deng, Rose, Noah and their max contract free agent signing.

I disagree, I just don't see Deng as that valuable of a piece. I'd prefer the cap space and maybe a lesser prospect.

luol is going to come on strong the next few years. IMO he will be an all star game regular.
Luol Deng would be the third option behind the max contract player + Derrick Rose.

In that role, he is an excellent player and his high quality defensive + rebounding contributions will be very valuable.

As is his versatility in ability to play multiple positions, allowing the Bulls to matchup against just about anyone.

I agree that if he stays in Chicago, this would be the likely scenario.  I'm not totally enamored with his game and I think he'd be slightly overpaid for being a third option but the Bulls could still trot out a very good starting five and could have a decent 8 man rotation if they got a max guy.

Rose
(Fill in mid range FA)
Deng
Bosh
Noah

Gibson, Johnson, (Fill in the Blank FA)

The problem with this scenario D is that IMO Bosh is going to try and team up with either Wade or LeBron.

That's the real reason CHI needs to make room for two max FAs from where I'm sitting.

Yeah, Deng is a nice piece on the line up you mention, but I don't think CHI gets a max guy that they want (ie Bosh, Wade, etc..) with only space for one FA.

IMO they've got to clear more space.

Yeah, I was just throwing that scenario out there to demonstrate a pretty decent situation for Chicago.

I agree with you that if I was Chicago, I'd try and move Deng.  I'm not going to rehash my qualms with Deng but if they have a shot at two max guys, I say go for it at the expense of Deng.  I think he's expendable when you'll still have some solid core guys to build around in Rose, Noah, Gibson, and Johnson.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Chicago -- I think they should only clear enough cap space for one max contract and build around Deng, Rose, Noah and their max contract free agent signing.

I disagree, I just don't see Deng as that valuable of a piece. I'd prefer the cap space and maybe a lesser prospect.

luol is going to come on strong the next few years. IMO he will be an all star game regular.
Luol Deng would be the third option behind the max contract player + Derrick Rose.

In that role, he is an excellent player and his high quality defensive + rebounding contributions will be very valuable.

As is his versatility in ability to play multiple positions, allowing the Bulls to matchup against just about anyone.

I agree that if he stays in Chicago, this would be the likely scenario.  I'm not totally enamored with his game and I think he'd be slightly overpaid for being a third option but the Bulls could still trot out a very good starting five and could have a decent 8 man rotation if they got a max guy.

Rose
(Fill in mid range FA)
Deng
Bosh
Noah

The problem with this scenario D is that IMO Bosh is going to try and team up with either Wade or LeBron.

That's the real reason CHI needs to make room for two max FAs from where I'm sitting.

Yeah, Deng is a nice piece on the line up you mention, but I don't think CHI gets a max guy that they want (ie Bosh, Wade, etc..) with only space for one FA.

Yeah, I was just throwing that scenario out there to demonstrate a pretty decent situation for Chicago.

I agree with you that if I was Chicago, I'd try and move Deng.  I'm not going to rehash my qualms with Deng but if they have a shot at two max guys, I say go for it at the expense of Deng.  I think he's expendable when you'll still have some solid core guys to build around in Rose, Noah, Gibson, and Johnson.
i sure hope they think he is expendable

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 07:43:54 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1647
  • What a Pub Should Be

Rose
(Fill in mid range FA)
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll admit that, realistically, Deng isn't going anywhere.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 07:55:11 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Rose
(Fill in mid range FA)
Deng
Bosh
Noah

I'll admit that, realistically, Deng isn't going anywhere.

It really is a high stakes game of chicken. Everybody not knowing who will veer off first....

If CHI holds on to their players, they are living in Middlesville for the foreseeable future. The question for me is which team is going to make the necessary but painful move and take the risk of looking like the goat.

Standing pat for all teams on this list really gets them nowhere, but it also keeps them from getting the backlash that Memphis got when they traded Gasol.