Author Topic: Looking Ahead to June  (Read 1004 times)

Looking Ahead to June
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Several things strike me about the June free agency situation.

1.  The Celtics will have seven unrestricted free agents this June.  Pierce also has a player option and could in theory opt out, although I doubt he will. There will be significant roster changes in Boston whether or not Ray Allen is traded before the deadline.

2. Everyone is talking about the top end free agents, e.g. Joe Johnson, LeBron James (player option), Chris Bosh (player option), Dwayne Wade (player option), Manu Ginobili (although I can't imagine him leaving San Antonio), Carlos Boozer, Amare Stoudamire (player option) and Michael Redd (player option).

But there are quite a few good players who will be unrestricted free agents and who might be available for the MLE or less. The following names caught my eye as potential targets for the Celtics: Acie Law, Travis Diener, Udonis Haslem, Chris Duhon, Al Harrington, Louis Amundson, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw, Nate Robinson, Kyle Korver and Brendan Haywood.

3. There are also players who will command more than the MLE but who might be available in a sign and trade, e.g. David Lee.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 11:17:12 AM by Brickowski »

Re: Looking Ahead to June
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:44 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i might be in the minority, but i'm a chris duhon fan and would love him on this team.  he'd be the perfect backup PG and knows how to quarterback an offense (and a clutch shooter).
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Re: Looking Ahead to June
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:31:04 AM »

Offline PLamb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1
The more I think about the Pierce situation with his opt out AND the current labor dispute that will coincide with his contract ending if he does not opt out, the more I think if he had a really smart agent, he would opt out and grab a 4-5 year deal before the labor dispute seriously impinges upon the length and value of the contract he might be able to get
Pick 2 Knicks

PG: George Hill, Ty Lawson
SG: Ray Allen, Anthony Parker, Quentin Richardson
SF: Grant Hill, Matt Barnes, D
PF: Zach Randolph, Kenyon Martin, Jon Brockman, Dante Cunningham
C:  Nene Hilario,   Own rights: Nikola Pekovic IR: Kyle Weaver