Author Topic: Garnett's knee isnt right.  (Read 9382 times)

Re: Garnett's knee isnt right.
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2010, 11:20:37 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Working himself back into shape is more of a timing and conditioning issue. When he cant jump, avoids contact and is visably dragging the leg its a cronic injury issue. A healthy KG would have stuffed Lewis on that last drive. They need to sit him until he is 100% healthy no matter how low we drop in playoff seeding.

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2010, 11:22:59 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
i expect he sits tomorrow vs atlanta...i think boston is a good team

Sure, they're a good team.  But they're only ever a good team in short spurts, and that's not good enough to get you past the 2nd round of the playoffs.

I'm just not confident we could beat any of the other contending teams in a 7 game series.  I'm sure we could give them a decent series, maybe take it to 7 games, but we wouldn't end up winning.  Doesn't help that we'd probably be the visitor in game 7, too, since we're on our way to 50-55 wins this season.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2010, 11:24:15 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 734
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think they would have the most trouble in a 7 game set with atlanta....i think they can habg with cleveland and can beat the tragic

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2010, 11:31:34 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
i think they would have the most trouble in a 7 game set with atlanta....i think they can habg with cleveland and can beat the tragic

Agreed...I think we could definitely beat Orlando, and Cleveland hasn't shown much in the playoffs to make me that scared of them. Atlanta however could be a problem.

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2010, 11:31:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
Yeah it's painfully obvious KG is nowhere near healthy.  Why not rest him for longer and hold out hope he will ready for the playoffs?

He can't finish alley oops, can't grab rebounds and instead tries to tip them to himself, and to see his defense at the end was just sad.  He had no chance to stay in front of Lewis there and it's hard to watch a great warrior being so hobbled out there.  This team is going nowhere with an injured KG so might as well rest him...
Garnett needs games and minutes to play himself back into shape. Like he did earlier in the season before this setback.

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 11:32:20 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Good to see we have so many doctors here on Celticsblog.

But really, he wouldn't be back in action if we were scared about his knee's structural components. They wouldn't make that mistake two seasons in a row. There aren't idiots running our organization. I trust them very much.

In the beginning of the season, KG looked like this. He then began to pick it up and regain strength. Now remind me why he is not expected to do this again?

He wasn't finishing alleyoops in the first few weeks of the season. And then he was doing it pretty easy.

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Yeah it's painfully obvious KG is nowhere near healthy.  Why not rest him for longer and hold out hope he will ready for the playoffs?

He can't finish alley oops, can't grab rebounds and instead tries to tip them to himself, and to see his defense at the end was just sad.  He had no chance to stay in front of Lewis there and it's hard to watch a great warrior being so hobbled out there.  This team is going nowhere with an injured KG so might as well rest him...
Garnett needs games and minutes to play himself back into shape. Like he did earlier in the season before this setback.

What does dragging your knee around and jumping with absolutely no lift have to do with "getting into shape?" I have no doubts that Michael Jordan, at 45, can move better than KG could tonight.

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 11:36:38 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I have no doubts that Michael Jordan, at 45, can move better than KG could tonight.
You haven't seen Jordan's gut lately then...

Re: Is it time to finally admit that KG's career is soon coming to a close?
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2010, 11:39:55 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Until I see with my own eyes that KG can stay healthy for a long period of time, I have no other choice but to deem him unreliable.
Unreliable is a fair description of where Garnett has been at this season.

We really need to start seriously thinking about the possibility that KG will never be 100%.  I know KG is only 33, but it seems to me like it's an old 33. 
I think it's a little early for this. If Garnett continues to have major troubles the rest of the season, then I think it'll be time to think about. During the offseason.

To reach that conclusion now, and make changes based on that conclusion, feels premature to me.

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »

Offline FatjohnReturns

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 120
Good to see we have so many doctors here on Celticsblog.

But really, he wouldn't be back in action if we were scared about his knee's structural components. They wouldn't make that mistake two seasons in a row. There aren't idiots running our organization. I trust them very much.

In the beginning of the season, KG looked like this. He then began to pick it up and regain strength. Now remind me why he is not expected to do this again?

He wasn't finishing alleyoops in the first few weeks of the season. And then he was doing it pretty easy.
He looked progressivly worse since his first game back.

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
So any official word on the knee?

I would assume that what we'll get out of Danny is: His knee is still a little sore. Know what? I trust Danny.

The good out of all of this (to me) is that this is January still. Like many of you, I believe that if KG sits against ATL tomorrow night, then it will make that game tougher (but certainly not impossible to win).

I just feel that KG isn't done.

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 11:42:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

What does dragging your knee around and jumping with absolutely no lift have to do with "getting into shape?" I have no doubts that Michael Jordan, at 45, can move better than KG could tonight.
Garnett went through the same thing earlier in the season and improved considerably with time. He had the some good days, mostly mediocre days, and some bad days physically during that period.

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:18 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
So any official word on the knee?

I would assume that what we'll get out of Danny is: His knee is still a little sore. Know what? I trust Danny.

The good out of all of this (to me) is that this is January still. Like many of you, I believe that if KG sits against ATL tomorrow night, then it will make that game tougher (but certainly not impossible to win).

I just feel that KG isn't done.

If KG sits against Atlanta, he won't be coming back--for a while. Last year all over again.

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:29 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

People forget how solid he was for this stretch. It's like we were all MIB zapped for this entire period.

And I don't think it has gotten progressively worse. I feel as if it's been the same game to game.

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Working himself back into shape is more of a timing and conditioning issue. When he cant jump, avoids contact and is visably dragging the leg its a cronic injury issue. A healthy KG would have stuffed Lewis on that last drive. They need to sit him until he is 100% healthy no matter how low we drop in playoff seeding.

Great point and TP for you. Dragging his leg has nothing to do with getting back into shape. His leg is obviously hurting.