Author Topic: Trade w/ Phx.  (Read 2301 times)

Trade w/ Phx.
« on: January 25, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »

Offline nishesh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Hey everyone seeing a lot of Trade Ray and Trade for Amare forums how about this:  http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yhwxbem

Boston Sends:
Ray Allen and Kendrick Perkins

Suns Send:
Amare, Leonardo Barbosa, and Jared Dudley

Why for Boston:
-Get "rid" of Ray
-Get a solid replacement to Perk and KG in the future in Amare
- Temp. Replcement for Ray Ray in Barbosa
- Backup for Paul/Barbosa in Dudley (Finally!)
-We can always sign Ray next summer

Why for Phoenix:
-Grab a strong interior defensive presence in Perk (better than scrubs like Frye in the paint!)
- Grab a player who'll greatly complement Nash in Allen, as he can knock down 3's or run and gun inside
-Save Big $$$$$$

Just hypothetical what do you think?!

Re: Trade w/ Phx.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
If they would do it I think I'd pull the trigger. I don't think they will though. This is what I came up with which I'm not sure they'd do but I think it has a better chance:

Boston gets:
Stoudemire
Nash

Phoenix gets:
Perkins
Rondo
BBD
Ray

Phoenix does this because they get a powerhouse young center in Perk and an all star quality  guard in Rondo who is also young. They also get some free cap space to add a player in the offseason to make them competitive for a good long time.

Boston does this because they get a vet star PG in Nash and a stud in Stoudemire. He replaces Perk right now, but KG shortly. We are set for a couple years  to find a replacement at PG which is a whole lot easier to do than to find someone like Stoudemire.

In the meantime this is our lineup:

Nash/House
Daniels/TA/Giddens
PP//TA/Scal/Walker
KG/Sheed/Williams
Stoudemire/Sheed/Williams

We would clear 2 spots on the roster and surely we could find a player or two to give depth where needed. That is a championship level team for two years at least. Then we build around Stoudemire.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I don't think that front court defense will win any championships. 
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3233
That leaves us with no center.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 06:55:48 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

At least the trade w/o Rondo would give us a shot.

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »

Offline nishesh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Well I
If they would do it I think I'd pull the trigger. I don't think they will though. This is what I came up with which I'm not sure they'd do but I think it has a better chance:

Boston gets:
Stoudemire
Nash

Phoenix gets:
Perkins
Rondo
BBD
Ray

Phoenix does this because they get a powerhouse young center in Perk and an all star quality  guard in Rondo who is also young. They also get some free cap space to add a player in the offseason to make them competitive for a good long time.

Boston does this because they get a vet star PG in Nash and a stud in Stoudemire. He replaces Perk right now, but KG shortly. We are set for a couple years  to find a replacement at PG which is a whole lot easier to do than to find someone like Stoudemire.

In the meantime this is our lineup:

Nash/House
Daniels/TA/Giddens
PP//TA/Scal/Walker
KG/Sheed/Williams
Stoudemire/Sheed/Williams

We would clear 2 spots on the roster and surely we could find a player or two to give depth where needed. That is a championship level team for two years at least. Then we build around Stoudemire.

I'm not sure I'd be ready to let Rondo go, unless Danny can figure out a way to sign another All-Star pg when Nash goes to the retirement center. No doubt though it would give us a guarenteed championship though. As for the Frontcourt, I think Amare can post up with Howard and Shaq, and Sheed will always be there to help. Maybe we could get a 3rd team involved?

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 08:58:02 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

Daniels is a solid defender, better than Ray is, and Nash does so many more things and stretches the defense that he makes up for his defensive deficiencies. That starting 5 is amazing and if you can give me one or two championships I'd do that in a hurry.

I hate to tell people, but Rondo and Perk alone without the big 3 is a lottery team year after year. Both are replaceable. Rondo a little tougher than Perk. A couple of superstars at the 2, 3, or 4 is what makes a star team, and usually it takes 3. You look at how less skilled both were in 08 when we won around the big 3. Any solid pg and center could have won with them as well.

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Sometime trade proposals just make me shake my head.

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Daniels is a solid defender, better than Ray is, and Nash does so many more things and stretches the defense that he makes up for his defensive deficiencies. That starting 5 is amazing and if you can give me one or two championships I'd do that in a hurry.

I hate to tell people, but Rondo and Perk alone without the big 3 is a lottery team year after year. Both are replaceable. Rondo a little tougher than Perk. A couple of superstars at the 2, 3, or 4 is what makes a star team, and usually it takes 3. You look at how less skilled both were in 08 when we won around the big 3. Any solid pg and center could have won with them as well.

When's the last time a team was as good at the 2/3/4 as we were in '08? So all we need to do is pick up a couple of superstars at those spots? No problem.