Author Topic: Possible Celtics, Blazers Trade  (Read 1891 times)

Possible Celtics, Blazers Trade
« on: January 23, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »

Offline divo0oneh

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
This could happen! if the C's are willing to part with Big Baby!

Celtics Get:
J Bayless

Blazers Get:
Glen Davis
2011 1st round pick

To me Big Baby hasn't brought anything to this team with Perkins improvement! and hes more of an extra body than a talented big man as of right now! his jumper is not falling and all he does bring is activeness around the basket!
C's can go after some free agents that can bring the same thing such as Sean Williams or maybe wwait for Tony Battie to be bought out!

For the Blazers its a different case with the injuries that they've had they're gonna need a big body that can bang with the bigs and bring some energy and toughness to the team if they wanna be competetive in the playoffs!

Re: Possible Celtics, Blazers Trade
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't think Portland has any interest in moving Bayless for anything less than a superstar at this point.  He had a slow start to his career, but he has absolutely broke out this year when he has gotten the chance, and is looking like he could become an elite scoring PG, and might be a great runningmate for Roy for years to come.

One thing about the Blazers is that they are very tough to trade with.  They really value their players, and will not make short-sighted moves where they are not getting tremendous value.  I think guys like Blake and Outlaw could be had right now for quality depth up front, and other guys could be had if you give them a star, but no one is going to fleece them for one of their young studs...particularly with the way they are playing despite all the injuries.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74
there is ZERO percent chance of that trade happening!!

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylyds3r

Boston gets Nate and Outlaw

Portland gets BBD, Scal and Jeffries

NYC gets House, Giddens and Miller

Throw in the necessary draft picks but I THINK this might work.
Miller supposedly doesn't fit Portland, plus they want some low post help(BBD and Scal provide that) NYC gets rid of Jeffs contract but give away a 1st rounder or so to get a better PG. We obviously get our SF and PG for the bench.
Sheldon could then get more minutes and Tony or Quis then become expendable for another trade for a new PF(or sign a free agent around Feb.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 10:11:23 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Another idea
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yg5lz8p

Boston gets Nocioni and Outlaw(and 1st round draft pick)

Sac gets Webster, BBD, House, Scal and Billy  *pg swap*

Portland gets Kenny Thomas, Giddens and Sean May   *pg swap*
*Andre Miller and Beno Udrih can be exchanged*

Boston gets a young SF and a vet F that can play the 3 or 4. A 1st rounder sweetens the deal for us to take on Noc's contract.
The Kings take the salary dump for this year, but in exchange get BBD and Webster(to replace Kmart as he'll get traded soon)
Portland then gets 2 bigs to help 50 year old Juan Howard
and Pryzibilla, plus their contracts expire to free up cap room next year. *As an added bonus, Miller could be swapped with Beno to help with chemistry issues for both teams, and Evans can become more of a SG
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 10:27:48 PM »

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
I don't care about Jerryd Bayless. I mean sure, he played well (in the 1st half that he played) yesterday, but he's still young and too inexperienced for a team like ours that needs the stability of a more experienced player.

Not that he's much older (but with 3 additional years of NBA seasons under his belt) -- but I'd be welcome to an acquisition of Martell Webster, if available. If not Webster, there's Travis Outlaw, who does a lot of the same things. This team is still coping with the void James Posey left a year and a half ago... it's not huge or anything, but big enough to make a difference.