Author Topic: Reliable Ray  (Read 6902 times)

Re: Reliable Ray
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2010, 06:05:56 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Ah once again with all the C's out tomorrow, theres a lack of appreciation for Ray.  A solid 15 a game is nothing to complain about. 
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
TP to you for this thread...its a good idea and time to appreciate someone who is doing something positive for the team.I don't get all the trade ideas.

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2010, 07:27:53 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Ah once again with all the C's out tomorrow, theres a lack of appreciation for Ray.  A solid 15 a game is nothing to complain about. 

I think I'd appreciate him more if he could still put up 30+ when all the C's are out. You know he is making $18 million. :-\
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2010, 07:32:30 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Haha, reliable in the sense that he's not getting injured all the [dang] time. Unlike some people.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2010, 07:38:00 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

I think I'd appreciate him more if he could still put up 30+ when all the C's are out. You know he is making $18 million. :-\

I think Ray still can put up 30 a game, but he doesn't have to in our offense. And it's a lot harder for him to do it with our injuries, because teams would focus more on him.

Imagine if he was traded to a team like Golden State. He'd average 20-25 a game easily.

Ray stil has it, but has had to sacrifice for the team.

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 7
Haha, reliable in the sense that he's not getting injured all the [dang] time. Unlike some people.

Surprising that this thread has been going on for over a week and no one has pointed out that Ray has been hurt more and missed more games than Pierce in the last three years.
Whatever.   ::)

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Surprising that this thread has been going on for over a week and no one has pointed out that Ray has been hurt more and missed more games than Pierce in the last three years.

Yeah bro  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I FEEL U S0000 HARD  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

He hasn't been hurt in like 2 years, but WUTEVVSSSS RITEE????

Pierce has missed about 5 games since the 2006-2007 season. You should probably crap on Ray Allen for missing a few more, especially since he's like 2 years older.

the N00BS on Celticsbl0g who don't realize this...  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)....

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 08:38:28 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown

Pierce has missed about 5 games since the 2006-2007 season. You should probably crap on Ray Allen for missing a few more, especially since he's like 2 years older.

Uhhhh, since the entire premiss of the threasd is that Ray has been the most reliable of the big three I think it's only fitting that it's pointed out that hasn't been the case.
Sorry if you think that's raining on your parade or is somehow putting Ray down.  Actually it's just pointing out the facts.

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2010, 08:47:25 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Uhhhh, since the entire premiss of the threasd is that Ray has been the most reliable of the big three I think it's only fitting that it's pointed out that hasn't been the case.
Sorry if you think that's raining on your parade or is somehow putting Ray down.  Actually it's just pointing out the facts.

If you're looking at reliability purely in terms of health, yeah, he's been a little less durable. Barely. The point of the thread is to show Ray some appreciation for playing so hard for the Celtics and for being very durable, not the most durable. This isn't some sort of competition. He gets no love from this blog. We're giving him some. Nice job evaluating the entire premise of the thread, though. 

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 09:16:13 PM »

Offline Jaycelt

• Jaylen Brown
Just wana take a moment to tip my hat to the oldest of the Big 3, Ray Allen.  I cant remember a time when he was injured for an extended period of time with the celtics (knock on wood).  He's been very great for us, and as an old shooting guard, I give him so much credit for all he's done and is still doing. With other guys going down, it makes you realize that

I CAN read. 
If you want to have a Ray Allen appreciation thread you can do it without misleading statements. Really you can. 
I will always point out falsehoods when I see them because I for one like to know the facts and I assume others do as well.

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 09:48:09 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

I think Ray still can put up 30 a game, but he doesn't have to in our offense. And it's a lot harder for him to do it with our injuries, because teams would focus more on him.

Imagine if he was traded to a team like Golden State. He'd average 20-25 a game easily.

I don't completely disagree with you but the year before Ray came to the Celts when he was with the sonics he put up 26 points a game. He was the best player on that team and I'm pretty sure most of the focus was on him and stopping him since the rest of the team sucked pretty much. So I don't know if your argument for missing our key players being the reason why he can't score as much. He should be able to put up a lot of points because they are out

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 10:20:05 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

No, he doesn't. He can go off and score 30 or 40 here and there, but he can't score consistently on the high 20s, as he used to do in MIL and SEA any more. Your first sentence is nonsensical.

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »

Offline CbrewEra

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • LETS GO BOSTON
Just wana take a moment to tip my hat to the oldest of the Big 3, Ray Allen.  I cant remember a time when he was injured for an extended period of time with the celtics (knock on wood).  He's been very great for us, and as an old shooting guard, I give him so much credit for all he's done and is still doing. With other guys going down, it makes you realize that

I CAN read. 
If you want to have a Ray Allen appreciation thread you can do it without misleading statements. Really you can. 
I will always point out falsehoods when I see them because I for one like to know the facts and I assume others do as well.

Don't have a heart attack, Jaycelt, just trying to show some love for the veteran who really does not miss much time.  Considering the double ankle surgery he had just a few years ago, yeah I'd say he's reliable.
"He trades like a drunk Texas oilman trying to impress a beautiful woman"

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 11:18:25 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Ray is a pure shooter, and a streak shooter, and he can still take it to the hole strong and get off his feet. As such, he has down times now with the Celts like he always has, and like every shooter has, but when he's stroking it and feeling it, he's as reliable as they come. I mean, there are very few players who you'd rather have holding the ball when there's little time left and you're going to the line, or when you need a big 3-pointer. Yeah, I'd call him "reliable" ... absolutely.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2010, 11:28:10 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

No, he doesn't. He can go off and score 30 or 40 here and there, but he can't score consistently on the high 20s, as he used to do in MIL and SEA any more. Your first sentence is nonsensical.

I think he can still score 20-25 a game in certain systems. What's he averaging this year 18? I think the problem (or maybe excuse) with him  not scoring more is that for the past few seasons his role has changed so much just like KG and Pierce's that it might be hard to get back in the rhythm of being "the man". I'm sure if we didn't have Pierce and KG at all then this teams make up would be a completely different and maybe more centered around Allen. It could be hard after these 2 injuries to just make a game plan for him when these past few season we haven't done that at all. He also isn't that one on one type of player like Paul Pierce where you just put the ball in his hands and let him do whatever he wants. I think there is a lot more scheming with Ray much like KG. I don't know if this is making sense but basically I think that it might be hard for a player just to turn the switch off and on like that. One minute you are team player playing selfless ball etc and the next you are asked to dominate the ball and put up 25 30 a game. I just don't see it working like that. Say KG and Pierce were out the rest of the year (dear god no) I think eventually Ray's number's would certainly go up as the games went by