Author Topic: Turkododo  (Read 3534 times)

Turkododo
« on: November 28, 2009, 01:07:02 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Pure Gold. 

"They've got to know that he's a [darn] flopper. That's all Turkododo do," Wallace said after the Celtics beat the Raptors 116-103. "Flopping shouldn't get you nowhere. He acts like I shot him.

"That's not basketball, man. That's not defense. That's garbage, what it is. I'm glad I don't have too much of it left."

"Let the Golden Child [LeBron James] do that, or one of the NBA Without Border kids do that, it's all fine and dandy," he said.

"This game is watered down, watered down with all that flopping. They're setting rules on us to the point where you're taunting if you dunk on somebody. Paul dunked it and then he didn't say nothing, but it's a tech."

;D
http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2009/11/27/sheed-nba-going-soft/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:14:16 AM by Change »

Re: Turkododo
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 01:28:35 AM »

Offline chief3233

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • Bleed Green
Oh Sheed I love you! TP.
"The emblem of a warrior, it's the swagger of an athlete, a champion and dynasty, it's gifted, golden, genuine and glorious. It is a lower-case god. It's the goat. The greatest of all time. What's G? It is the heart, hustle and soul of the game."

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 01:30:25 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
LOL Sheed. Hope he has that checkbook ready. I expect at least a tripe fine for the number of digs he gets in in these quotes. 
A bit sad that it's the second time he's mentioned the officiating making him glad he's almost out of the league.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 02:22:31 AM »

Offline jimmyt

• Author
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 2500
Haha great quotes by Sheed. You shouldn't be able to fine somebody for speaking the truth.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 02:30:48 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Awesome quote! ;D

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 06:50:08 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
haha geez... fines incoming sheedy!
fair point though - ridiculous that P got a tech after that dunk

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 07:02:19 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
haha, sheed is really funny with the quotes. he used to make me angry on other teams.
but in many cases he had a point.

PP should not have been T'd up after the dunk

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 08:17:17 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Great quotes by Sheed... maybe we should nickname him "The Truth 2.0". ;D

He is right on point!

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 08:22:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We should really start up a collection fund to donate to Sheed so that he can say more truthful stuff like this and not have to think about getting fined for spouting out stuff that really NEEDS to be said but isn't because everyone is afraid of what big, bad, blustery, David Stern is going to force his minions to do to them in retaliation.

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 08:32:12 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sorry Sheed. Not gonna work. You're having a cruddy season and no amount of good quotes will distract me from the simple truth...Turk does his job and you don't. Maybe if I thought you were practicing mindlessly in a Larryesque way to help your team that needs you and listening to your coaches when they say "stop jacking so many threes", but till then this team already has a resident clown (Glen.) We don't need another.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 09:08:16 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
sheed said what most people already think.  let flopping remain on the soccer field where is it the norm.  sheed will get fined, but he probably knew that ahead of time.  he is speaking from the heart, which i respect immensely. 

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 09:11:55 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
classic, sheed is correct about the flopping and I have noticed how he seems to be targeted to some degree.  But that's never changing so I hope he keeps his tech totals within reason.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:25:03 AM by Birdbrain »
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
sheed said what most people already think.  let flopping remain on the soccer field where is it the norm.  sheed will get fined, but he probably knew that ahead of time.  he is speaking from the heart, which i respect immensely. 
Let flopping remain on the soccer field where it's the norm! TP!

You're right that every single thing he said is right and everyone knows it and he's the only one with enough guts to say so.

In the mean time I wish he'd put as much effort into his game as his talking. If he did that he'd be....Bosh?

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 09:16:40 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Let flopping remain on the soccer field where it's the norm! TP!

You're right that every single thing he said is right and everyone knows it and he's the only one with enough guts to say so.

In the mean time I wish he'd put as much effort into his game as his talking. If he did that he'd be....Bosh?

thx

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 09:32:08 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well, someone should tell this to Pierce and Rondo, I guess. Flopping is not limited to flying out of bounds on a charge. Pierce and Rondo routinely try to sell minimal contact when dribbling around the three-point line in a way in which you'd think someone is trying to take their heads off with a rusty pickaxe.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."