Author Topic: Manu Ginobili Kills a Bat with bare hands on halloween!  (Read 14886 times)

Re: Manu Ginobili Kills a Bat with bare hands on halloween!
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2009, 02:35:19 PM »

Offline ToppersBsktball10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 27
  • Smooth As Silk.
I bet you it was stunned, not killed.

Yeah, well... "Manu killed a bat on Halloween" sounds better than "Manu stunned a bat on Halloween"  ;)

lol, good point.

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
The bat was killed. At least thats what King beat writer Sam Amick said. That thing wasnt moving .. Manu might say it was stunned, or maybe it was when he picked it up, but Im pretty sure it ended up dieing.

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2009, 04:17:45 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
The bat was killed. At least thats what King beat writer Sam Amick said. That thing wasnt moving .. Manu might say it was stunned, or maybe it was when he picked it up, but Im pretty sure it ended up dieing.

Don't worry, it won't go to waste ... it's called "paniki", (see this thread:)

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=32599.30

;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2009, 04:35:43 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3778
  • Yup

I think he just blinded it.
Yup

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2009, 04:36:29 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

I think he just blinded it.

LOL! TP, Redz ... that was too easy!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm trying to imagine something that is proportionately bigger than me by the amount Manu is to the bat and trying to figure out if it hit me, would it kill me.

Now the bat is about 5 inches long and 6lbs or so. Manu is 6ft 5 and maybe 190lbs.  So I'd need to be hit by something like 90 feet tall and 10,000 lbs.  So considering that a chimp can rip off a man's hands I'd say odds are if that thing swings at me I'm probably dead.

If it was stunned it was probably badly stunned. Like paraplegic and not moving or responding stunned. 

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2009, 05:45:57 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm trying to imagine something that is proportionately bigger than me by the amount Manu is to the bat and trying to figure out if it hit me, would it kill me.

Now the bat is about 5 inches long and 6lbs or so. Manu is 6ft 5 and maybe 190lbs.  So I'd need to be hit by something like 90 feet tall and 10,000 lbs.  So considering that a chimp can rip off a man's hands I'd say odds are if that thing swings at me I'm probably dead.

If it was stunned it was probably badly stunned. Like paraplegic and not moving or responding stunned. 

Ahhh ... I've heard of this strange fixation before ... I came across a stray band of gypsy's once who were just as devoted to the science of bat-killing ... I had heard of similar who were doing ground-breaking work in bat-stunning ... I should have known it was you, Eja. I'd like to become a devotee of the intricate musings of this subtle science ... is there a web-site? ;)

But seriously ... Manu is loving all the publicity he's getting from this bat thing ... I say he planned the whole thing as a stunt!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2009, 05:48:19 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439

For instance, if Blair hit the bat, I think it would have died. But he was too scared from it, as enhanced in this gif (I know I'm repeating but I just find his reaction hilarious ;D).

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2009, 08:05:47 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Extremely cruel. There are no other words for it.

Kinda like when Obama smacked that fly on TV.

What were the odds of a bat flying into an NBA arena on Halloween?

And most importantly....why didn't he break out the hot sauce and call Bakhu before Ozzy got there?

What were the odds? Pretty good, considering that bat was most likely smuggled in against its will and let loose in the arena as a "Halloween Prank."

And, even if you think for some improbable reason that the bat just "somehow" flew into the arena on Halloween night (what a coincidence!), why would you want to kill it? (Clearly, if you look at Ginobili's swing, he's going for a death blow). I love basketball as much as anyone, but no game is more important than a life, no matter how big or small, no matter how smart or dumb. Charles Darwin said that love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man.

I contribute to the WWF yearly.  I love animals.  If I was a member of any political party, it would be the green party.  I say Manu did the right thing.  Bats propagate amazingly fast, it's not like this was a bald eagle.  And it was in a public place where it could be a nuisance.  It also may have been infected with any number of diseases.

Forget the game of basketball.  The game of solitaire I am playing on my computer is too sacred for a bat to be flying around my room, and I'll catch it however I can.  Sorry if it risks hurting it.

The senseless harming of animals is a good way to get me raging pretty fast.  But the completely sensible and logical control of wild animals makes some pretty good sense.

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 08:35:36 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
If it makes anyone feel any better you can think of it this way. How many megawatts of power would have had to be wasted to humanely catch one bat that they couldn't catch in the net? An entire arena's worth.

That has an impact on the environment for all animals and humans everywhere, not to mention whoever would have to pay the bill for all that energy's wallet