Author Topic: Pats vs Broncos (10/11)  (Read 15889 times)

Re: Pats vs Broncos (10/11)
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Well thats it...

It's official, the worst day to be a New England sports fan in a long time

Agreed.  That sucked X 2.
Sucked -Sucked- Sucked - Sucked - Sucked!!!!!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2009, 07:56:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Well thats it...

Well, I'm still smarting over that Super Bowl loss to the Giants... I'll take today over that horrible loss a couple years ago.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2009, 08:19:36 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Well thats it...

Well, I'm still smarting over that Super Bowl loss to the Giants... I'll take today over that horrible loss a couple years ago.

Oh so would I, but I'm talking about New England sports as a whole, not just one team.  That super bowl loss was the only thing we had to deal with.  Today on the other hand, we had to deal with an overtime loss to a team who I think we all agree is good, but a team we should've beaten hands down AND the sox being officially eliminated in a game that was incredibly hard to take when you look at how we lost.

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I didn't think the LBs played bad.

The offense just has to have more than Randy and Wes.

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2009, 08:29:43 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
Gaffney was on the wrong team today ... they've made some really bad trades lately ... I just don't get it.

I don't think the Pats traded Gaffney, they just didn't resign him.  But I could be (and probably am) wrong -- I don't care, I am just upset.  Blaaaaah!
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2009, 08:35:53 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Anybody here guess at the start of this season that the Broncos would be a better team than the Patriots?

Yeah, I didn't either.

Pretty sad showing today.  Not a good sign at all that our offense seems to be struggling more than our defense.  With the weapons we have on offense, there's no excuse not to put up more points.  The Denver defense is simply not that good.

Agreed, and I think it shows just how important Josh McDaniels was to us while he was here.  Something has to be done to unleash this offense.  To be 5 games into the season and not score more than 28 points is frightening to me with the players we have on the roster

I hate to point it out, but McDaniels wouldn't be doing much at this point for making Brady play well. He was awful today. Plenty of time and just never hit receivers in stride. Until he starts clicking, this is the best we can expect.

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
pats are not a very good team this year so far. would get destroyed by the giants.

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
pats are not a very good team this year so far. would get destroyed by the giants.

Agreed.  We should all just focus on the Celtics and avoid despair.

Congrats on 100 TPs btw.
God bless and good night!

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2009, 11:27:44 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
today just flat out sucked

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2009, 01:09:10 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Great game. Especially the ending.

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2009, 01:11:40 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Great game. Especially the ending.

I take it your a bronco's fan? I think the patriots should track down rudy and arrange a heart transplant with Lawrence Maroney. Our lack of a running game is really hurting the offense in my opinion. I know we were not running it very much during the record setting year, but I think that kind of an offense is obviously hte exception and not the norm.

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2009, 04:57:02 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
1. No offense in the second half. Brady couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, and Moss was a non factor.

2. No pass rush.  Consequently their defense was shredded by Orton, just shredded.  If the Pats defense hadn't completely sucked, the game would not have been decided by the coin toss before the overtime.

So stop blaming Maroney.  That's like blaming the floormat for why the car ran off the road.

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
1. No offense in the second half. Brady couldn't hit the broadside of a barn, and Moss was a non factor.

2. No pass rush.  Consequently their defense was shredded by Orton, just shredded.  If the Pats defense hadn't completely sucked, the game would not have been decided by the coin toss before the overtime.

So stop blaming Maroney.  That's like blaming the floormat for why the car ran off the road.

TP.

I dont know why people continue to harp on Maroney's lack of stardom.  At this point, he isnt the problem with this team. Brady's mechanics are so out of whack, that he is desperately in need of some film time, and practice time with Welker and the other Wr's. I cant remember the last time I have seen him and the WR's on such different pages, and then when they are on the same page, Brady cant get them the ball.