Author Topic: Let's hear it for the Red Sox  (Read 3151 times)

Let's hear it for the Red Sox
« on: September 17, 2009, 02:21:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Do we only need to create Red Sox's threads when something bad is happening?

Right now we're in the middle of a 7 game win streak. Our starting pitching is looking good. Our bullpen has become a lot more powerful with the additon of Wagner, and our bats have been looking better.

With a 6.5 game lead over Texas for the Wild Card, we're at the same distance from first place with the Yankees.

When things looked grim a couple of weeks/months ago, now they look quite optimistic for me.

Let's get healthy, keep winning, and kill during the playoffs. Eighteen more games and the fun starts.

Re: Let's hear it for the Red Sox
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Do we only need to create Red Sox's threads when something bad is happening?

Right now we're in the middle of a 7 game win streak. Our starting pitching is looking good. Our bullpen has become a lot more powerful with the additon of Wagner, and our bats have been looking better.

With a 6.5 game lead over Texas for the Wild Card, we're at the same distance from first place with the Yankees.

When things looked grim a couple of weeks/months ago, now they look quite optimistic for me.

Let's get healthy, keep winning, and kill during the playoffs. Eighteen more games and the fun starts.

glad Pap fell in the bullpen the other day injuring himself. 

Every year shows, it doesnt matter who the best regular season team is, and this year is no different.  get to the playoffs and anythign can happen.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 02:29:11 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
That was a great game last night, even though it shouldn't've been nearly as close.  I'm glad I'll get to see the Sox in the playoffs again, though I don't know how far they'll go.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i'll be happy when baseball season is over, but i hope the sox do well.  for some reason i have never liked the sport.  i enjoy the 3 other major sports.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 02:31:03 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
Ah, I didn't notice that about Papelbon. Anyways, let's get healthy and at least we have Wagner in there.

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Ya guys, Dice was huge last night.  Byrd did better than expected.  The team is hitting.  Lets not forget, this team just took two games against the team with the best average in the American league with our bottom two pitchers going and Youk and Victor out of the lineup. That is pretty darn impressive for us and depressing for them. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16