Author Topic: Kanye West needs help  (Read 23120 times)

Re: Kanye West needs help
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I honestly don`t know what the problem is...

Kanye West is an artist, whereas Taylor Swift is your average, generic country-blonde.
If Kanye would take a dump on stage, it would have more meaning than anything Taylor Swift has to say.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but could someone explain to me why this is a big deal?

Yeah, he's an artist all right, casperion.  It takes deep thought to be a classless bigoted ass screaming out profanity to synthesized fake "music".

The closest thing to an artistic thing he does is when he takes a dump.

I simply prefer James Brown, Little Richard and Jerry Lee Lewis to Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera and B-ritney S-pears, because I don´t care about their off-stage behaviour, as long as they don´t hurt others.

No need for this aggression, imo.

EDIT: Lol, why is B-ritney S-pears censored?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2009, 11:16:08 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
not sure how any1 could defend kanya on this.  he was classless, rude, and just wrong.  like the guy's music, but he is an idiot.

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2009, 11:26:22 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Just saw this video, Kanye is a complete idiot.  Anybody that considers Kanye a talented artist should think otherwise.  He uses those voice synthesizers to make it sound like he can actually sing but he really just sucks.  I am not a taylor swift fan but this girl is extremely talented at such a young age.  I have lost all respect for Kanye, the man is the skid-mark of the world.

So because he autotuned for one album where his lyrics were extremely good, he has no talent?  Let's talk about his first 3 albums where he rapped that were extremely good albums.
do it

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
If the whole event was unplanned, yes, definitely classless, basically saying to Swift, "I'm happy you won, but you aren't nearly as good as Beyonce & don't deserve this award.." a big "F" you. 

If it was staged, a) it was to get MTV more ratings that night...they probably knew people would be Tweeting, Facebooking, MySpacing (if anyone still even does that)about what had happened & thus getting more people to tune in.  B) This is only going to propel Taylor Swift's career even more, and even though she is already pretty popular, it never hurts to get a little more push from one of the music industry's biggest stars today.  C) Kanye's career isn't going to get hurt.  Again, IF this was staged, it was meant to get his name back out there again...any publicity is good publicity.  He will still sell albums, make guest appearances on other rappers'/R&B singers' albums.  This will all be water under the bridge in a few weeks.

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
http://slatest.slate.com/id/2228374/entry/4

Barack Obama does not care about black people.

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2009, 12:06:08 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
How are we just now realizing that this guy is an idiot?  Have we forgotten the random "George Bush hates black people" quote right in the middle of a charity telethon several years ago?

The look on Michael Myers face was priceless by the way.

« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I honestly don`t know what the problem is...

Kanye West is an artist, whereas Taylor Swift is your average, generic country-blonde.
If Kanye would take a dump on stage, it would have more meaning than anything Taylor Swift has to say.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but could someone explain to me why this is a big deal?

Because even though it's the VMA's, it obviously meant alot to the girl to recieve such an award. What gives you the right to take that moment away from her?
It's like taking the mic from Del Potro at the US Open finals and saying;
"I'm happy for you Del Potro and Ima let you finish, but Federer had the best career of all time. OF ALL TIME"  8)

Besides, Beyonce went onto win the best video award anyway so West's rant is really not justified.

As much as I like his music, He is an arrogant ****bag who just actively seeks attention.

I want more Kanye West´s (read: creative individuals who make their own music) in the music business, and definitly less music for 16-year old spoilt brat girls, and I give a flying rat fart about how they behave otherwise.

What has west really done thats original?

HE had one good album, his first, and now all he does is rap using a program that hides his horrible voice's flaws (im looking at you autotune) IF it wasen't for Jay putting out the rest of his junk and having him on tracks, he'd be just another face in the crowd.

In fact, thats probley why he did this, because his last two albums have been crap, and people are getting sick of his autotune trash. What an joke that jay puts out D.O.A, a great track, and doesnt take a shot at his boy, who's last album was 100% autotune.

West is about as far down on my list of great rappers as you can get, he's nothing more than a pop artist who had one good album and had the good fortune to hook up with a great in jay-z. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that his 15 minutes in the sun appear to be coming to a close.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
What has west really done thats original?

HE had one good album, his first, and now all he does is rap using a program that hides his horrible voice's flaws (im looking at you autotune) IF it wasen't for Jay putting out the rest of his junk and having him on tracks, he'd be just another face in the crowd.

In fact, thats probley why he did this, because his last two albums have been crap, and people are getting sick of his autotune trash. What an joke that jay puts out D.O.A, a great track, and doesnt take a shot at his boy, who's last album was 100% autotune.

West is about as far down on my list of great rappers as you can get, he's nothing more than a pop artist who had one good album and had the good fortune to hook up with a great in jay-z. I can't tell you how happy it makes me that his 15 minutes in the sun appear to be coming to a close.

I think songs like "Through the Wire" or "Gold Digger" are excellent. They may be played out, but they were simply great songs when they came out. But I will agree that the trend seems to go downwards with West. Maybe may dislike for eye-candy singers made me use the word "artist" too lightly, but you can´t deny that he at least tried to go a different route, and he was pretty succesful at it, too.

The thing that bugs me is the hate he receives, when there´s a history of great performers who behaved far worse, and when he was clearly one of the best things going in pop music in the last years...and all because he stole the limelight of an (imo) unimportant starlet like Swift. I simply don`t know what all the fuzz is about...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2009, 12:38:06 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
My prediction: Kanye and Swift are already in the studio together making a hit single. You know it's coming.

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2009, 12:39:01 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
He was wrong for doing what he did, but he wasn't wrong in what he said. It seems like the aim of the night was for everyone to come away with an award. I also think he screwed himself out of an award. Love Lockdown should've won something. I'm curious to whether the awards are more about the song than the video.

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Love Lockdown should've won something.

I agree

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2009, 12:46:17 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
He was wrong for doing what he did, but he wasn't wrong in what he said. It seems like the aim of the night was for everyone to come away with an award. I also think he screwed himself out of an award. Love Lockdown should've won something. I'm curious to whether the awards are more about the song than the video.

The reason Swift won that award is because Beyonce had to split all the pop votes among the other artists, while the country crowd gave Swift 100% of their votes while still picking up some from the pop crowd.

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Love Lockdown should've won something.

I agree

The only people who vote for any MTV award show nominees are teenagers who don't appreciate real artists such as Kanye West, that's why he never wins anything at the VMAs. If I were him I'd be sick of the way people are voting too. However the VMAs are a joke of an award show and he really shouldn't care. The Grammys should be the only thing that matters to him.

I love Kanye as a musician and an artist. I believe he is a good person, he just doesn't think before he does some things and he makes mistakes like everybody else. He just happens to be in the spotlight so we all see his mistakes (He also probably makes more mistakes than most people).

In the situation Kanye was wrong to do what he did. Had he mentioned something on his blog after the show along the lines of "People need to start voting better at the VMAs" this whole situation would have been avoided and I feel that most people would agree with his point. He chose a stupid way to make his point.

Really though, how can Taylor Swift win best female video of the year and not even be nominated for best video of the year... and then Beyonce wins best video of the year, but not best female video of the year... that is contradictory. MTV needs to straighten these things out.

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
The thing that bugs me is the hate he receives, when there´s a history of great performers who behaved far worse, and when he was clearly one of the best things going in pop music in the last years...and all because he stole the limelight of an (imo) unimportant starlet like Swift. I simply don`t know what all the fuzz is about...

Funny you mention other performers who have bahved "far worse" since when they have behaved "far worse" they've also taken crap for it. But it's still irrelevant, you can't justify the actions of a wife beater just because there are murderers and rapists around. Sure an exaggeration, but you can't justify a poor action/decision simply because some have done worse than him.

What Kanye did was utterly wrong, and there's simply no way to justify it or rationalize that it was an "ok" thing to do.

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2009, 12:59:24 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
As I said, if it was an unplanned event, totally classless...but seriously, did anyone even give a little laugh after it happened, or shortly thereafter?

I honestly did, just because it was so random.