Author Topic: Kanye West needs help  (Read 23070 times)

Re: Kanye West needs help
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 06:12:25 AM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I honestly don`t know what the problem is...

Kanye West is an artist, whereas Taylor Swift is your average, generic country-blonde.
If Kanye would take a dump on stage, it would have more meaning than anything Taylor Swift has to say.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but could someone explain to me why this is a big deal?

Umm, it's a big deal because Taylor Swift Rocks and should've won like every award including one for not beating up Kanye in front of everyone.

Go Taylor!

;D

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 06:40:14 AM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166

Kanye West is an artist, whereas Taylor Swift is your average, generic country-blonde.
If Kanye would take a dump on stage, it would have more meaning than anything Taylor Swift has to say.

Not to make excuses for the guy, but could someone explain to me why this is a big deal?

Because even though it's the VMA's, it obviously meant alot to the girl to recieve such an award. What gives you the right to take that moment away from her?
It's like taking the mic from Del Potro at the US Open finals and saying;
"I'm happy for you Del Potro and Ima let you finish, but Federer had the best career of all time. OF ALL TIME"  8)

Besides, Beyonce went onto win the best video award anyway so West's rant is really not justified.

As much as I like his music, He is an arrogant Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.bag who just actively seeks attention.

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 07:19:52 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545

Because even though it's the VMA's, it obviously meant alot to the girl to recieve such an award. What gives you the right to take that moment away from her?
"I'm happy for you Del Potro and Ima let you finish, but Federer had the best career of all time. OF ALL TIME"  8)

Besides, Beyonce went onto win the best video award anyway so West's rant is really not justified.

As much as I like his music, He is an arrogant ****bag who just actively seeks attention.

Itīs not like taking the mic from Del Potro. He achieved his success based on his talent.

This is more like the Undertaker taking the mic from generic Wrestler #7 to say "Hulk Hogan is the best"...and yes, I intentionally used a wrestling reference, because this looks exactly like an attempt to put Taylor Swift over.

Nobody would care about Taylor Swiftīs speech if it wasnīt for Kanye Westīs interference. Thatīs how important Kanye West is, and thatīs how unimportant Taylor Swift is.

I want more Kanye Westīs (read: creative individuals who make their own music) in the music business, and definitly less music for 16-year old spoilt brat girls, and I give a flying rat fart about how they behave otherwise.

Olī Dirty **** or 50 Cent shot people, sold crack, but nobody cares. Kanye West is stealing the limelight of a 19-year-old country-singer, and now he needs help? Yeah, right...
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
Casperian, are you sure you're not Kanye West.

Coz your sounding like **** too!

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 07:33:03 AM »

Offline Slugger

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
And actually, to use a wrestling analogy proves it.

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 07:34:38 AM »

Offline pengaloo

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 76

As great an artist as he is, he would be even greater if he were a decent human being...

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 07:54:25 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Casperian, are you sure you're not Kanye West.

Coz your sounding like **** too!

What you obviously donīt get is the wall artists like West have to run against every minute of their life. Kanye had to take the world, Taylor Swift gets it presented on a silver platter. Kanye deserves respect, he has a right to get the lime-light, and I donīt care if he hurts the feelings of an unimportant nobody like Swift to get it.

And if you would try to make a living just based on your thoughts, I think you would understand that.

Michael Jackson, Prince, Mick Jagger, John Lennon, Johnny Cash, Madonna, Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly, Jim Morrison, George Michael, Bono Vox...the list of arrogant superstars goes on and on. Again, who cares?
If their off-stage behaviour is more important to you than their music, then Iīm rather **** than a nice guy.

And actually, to use a wrestling analogy proves it.

So, you understood the analogy? What does that make you?

Just because you have the right to have an opinion doesnīt mean you have to use it.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
It was a publicity stunt... The entire thing. This is what MTV does; spawn controversy and conversation. Don't believe the hype.

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2009, 07:59:15 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 442

As much as I like his music, He is an arrogant ****bag who just actively seeks attention.

Itīs not like taking the mic from Del Potro. He achieved his success based on his talent.

This is more like the Undertaker taking the mic from generic Wrestler #7 to say "Hulk Hogan is the best"...and yes, I intentionally used a wrestling reference, because this looks exactly like an attempt to put Taylor Swift over.

Nobody would care about Taylor Swiftīs speech if it wasnīt for Kanye Westīs interference. Thatīs how important Kanye West is, and thatīs how unimportant Taylor Swift is.

I want more Kanye Westīs (read: creative individuals who make their own music) in the music business, and definitly less music for 16-year old spoilt brat girls, and I give a flying rat fart about how they behave otherwise.

Olī Dirty **** or 50 Cent shot people, sold crack, but nobody cares. Kanye West is stealing the limelight of a 19-year-old country-singer, and now he needs help? Yeah, right...
It's exactly the same thing as taking the mic from Del Poltro.  Exactly.

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 08:02:49 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 08:08:27 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205

Casperian, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. However, it seems to me that your taking Kanye's side primarily because you love his music and hate taylor swift's. how is taylor swift a spoiled brat? i don't enjoy her music, but she is a young talent, and if the people enjoyed her music video, then she deserved the win, and it doesn't matter what Kanye thinks.

Also, no one was comparing Kanye to 50 Cent killing people. I just feel bad for a young girl who was excited to win an award getting the spotlight taken away from her and being humiliated in front of the country. Kanye needs to learn his place, and the less respect he has for other people, the less respect I have for him, no matter how much i enjoy his music.

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 08:11:22 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 08:29:16 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

Casperian, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. However, it seems to me that your taking Kanye's side primarily because you love his music and hate taylor swift's. how is taylor swift a spoiled brat? i don't enjoy her music, but she is a young talent, and if the people enjoyed her music video, then she deserved the win, and it doesn't matter what Kanye thinks.

Also, no one was comparing Kanye to 50 Cent killing people. I just feel bad for a young girl who was excited to win an award getting the spotlight taken away from her and being humiliated in front of the country. Kanye needs to learn his place, and the less respect he has for other people, the less respect I have for him, no matter how much i enjoy his music

Good post. Definitely worth a Tommy Point.

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 08:31:09 AM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 08:33:46 AM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
The thing that bothers me is this is the same guy that said that President Bush doesn't like black people.  So here comes a white country star girl winning and he interrupts her.  My question is this, if this was a white artist interrupting a black artist, would a race element be added to this story?  Imagine Justin Timberlake interrupting Hale Barry to say that Kate Winslet is a better actress.

On another note, do you guys remember when **** was presenting an award to Michael Jackson and she had mentioned how she believes he's the 'best artist of the century', then Michael Jackson thinks that's the title of the award and accepts it accordingly.  That was is a classic.
Baby Jesus!