Author Topic: Our players you'd hate if they were on other teams  (Read 15867 times)

Re: Our players you'd hate if they were on other teams
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 06:42:55 AM »

Offline greenwise

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 136
Difficult to think about it but I guess KG, Paul and Sheed are candidates. It's so good to be a Celtics fan! ;)

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 07:01:46 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
House, Perkins and Rondo. And possibly KG.

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 07:23:04 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Schilling I hated when he played for us, what a jerk!
For the C's:
Perks scowl and "posturing" I would hate
'Sheed I've always disliked but respected his game so I wouldn't call it hate
Actually just Perk (if he wasn't ours)
wait that Ray Allen guy, cheap shot artist, whines about everything, fouls hard, primadonna, can't shoot free throws and all the late night episodes

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 07:33:24 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
I hated KG before he became a Celtic.

All this talk how he hated to lose, but had a salary of over 20 million Dollar. Itīs hard to get talent on a team that has no Draft Picks and half of itīs cap space invested in one player.
However, now that heīs on a team with similar talent, his salary doesnīt look too high to me anymore.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 08:51:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I can't stand Rasheed.  I hope that changes a bit when I see him playing for the C's.  It's not fun to really dislike a player on the team you're rooting for.  That's what a lot of you guys seem to feel for TA.  Celtic players I didn't like include Antoine, Blount, and Mikki Moore.

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 09:06:32 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Without a doubt it would be KG, his on-court theatrics are WAY over the top sometimes (the clapping in Calderon's face was totally bush-league, for example).  I think the most frustrating thing about it is that it's so unnecessary.  He is one of the best players in the league, he can make a statement just by his play, he doesn't need to drop more F bombs than The Big Lebowski and make a spectacle of himself every game.

I love him as a player, but some of the on-court antics wear on me a bit, and even as a Celtics fan, are tough to defend sometimes.  I would imagine other team's fans despise him.

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 09:19:58 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Perkins  (Ey three seconds!)

House (In fact I did hate House for a long long time before he showed up)
God bless and good night!

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Ray Allen is probably the only one on the team that doesn't register on the dislike-hate-loathe scale for non-Celtics fans.  Just about every other player you could make a case for.

Although I find it hilarious that prior to coming to Boston, KG was probably one of the most liked players from every fan of every team.  Yet, he has not changed one bit here, and now he's probably done a 180 in the eyes of those same fans.

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Ray Allen is probably the only one on the team that doesn't register on the dislike-hate-loathe scale for non-Celtics fans.  Just about every other player you could make a case for.

Although I find it hilarious that prior to coming to Boston, KG was probably one of the most liked players from every fan of every team.  Yet, he has not changed one bit here, and now he's probably done a 180 in the eyes of those same fans.

True.. I remember a couple years ago there was a thread on RealGM asking who everyone wanted to see win a championship and KG was pretty much the clearcut favorite. Now a days everyone hates him because he yells and screams a lot, but he was doing that in Minnesota, too. You just see it more now cause he's with the Celtics.

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 09:50:45 AM »

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Living in NY, the only New England team I root for is the Celts.  I can tell you that I, as well as everyone else here, hate Dustin Pedroia.  Its very hard for us to appreciate someone who won the MVP with fairly pedestrian numbers compared to MVPs of the past and someone who is tiny that swings for the fences every at-bat.

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 10:07:24 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Ray Allen. His professionalism and class would bother me.  ;D

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 11:23:54 AM »

Offline BigALmeetLasme

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 2
I love that New Yorkers hate Dustin Pedroia.  Thats the ultimate respect!  He makes you think you can do anything if you try hard enough, I guess it would be easy to hate him if you can dream then he smacks a 2 run double to send you home with a loss.

Maybe the same can be said for Eddie House.  He just makes you dream that you can shoot like that on the playground, but if your the opposition there is nothing you can do to stop him when his shots are falling!

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 11:35:12 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Why would everyone hate Rondo and Perk?  They're two of my favorite guys in the league.
Also, what's wrong with Paul and KG?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 11:42:28 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Why would everyone hate Rondo and Perk?  They're two of my favorite guys in the league.

Ask Chicago fans why they would hate Rondo.  Perkins talks a lot of smack, and is always Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing to the refs/making faces/complaining as if he's never done anything wrong in a game.

In general, Pierce isn't high on the hate scale, but many people think he's over-dramatic (wheelchair incident).

You have to ask about KG?  Just re-read this thread and you'll know why.

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup

My Mom asks the same questions about me..."How anyone not love my perfect boy?"

on the other hand I am pretty lovable  ;D
Yup