Author Topic: You (yes you) can make CelticsBlog better  (Read 29678 times)

Re: You (yes you) can make CelticsBlog better
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2009, 12:41:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I heard its making a resurgence.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I heard its making a resurgence.

...and thus Fridays were fun again
Yup

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2009, 12:46:53 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i think with all the drama yesterday and maestro's thread, positives have come from it.  friday trivia is back, there were threads created about the positives of CB, an increased interest in CB history and the hall of fame, etc

« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »

Offline cargomaniac

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • It is time for 18
I just spent 20 minutes of my lunch hour reading this.

Jeff and crew...thank you for an insanely enjoyable site.

TP...you are kidding right? I dont post much and am not particularlly concerned about points. When I post, I want
to contribute a small thought to a thread. Much like this...I am a very small participant.

I read this to be much ado about nothing. Should have watched
Warehouse 13 on line instead.

Keep up the good work guys....

« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2009, 01:47:12 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I just spent 20 minutes of my lunch hour reading this.

Jeff and crew...thank you for an insanely enjoyable site.

TP...you are kidding right? I dont post much and am not particularlly concerned about points. When I post, I want
to contribute a small thought to a thread. Much like this...I am a very small participant.

I read this to be much ado about nothing. Should have watched
Warehouse 13 on line instead.

Keep up the good work guys....

Still haven't caught this week's epi.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2009, 12:41:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The drama only exists if you let it. Don't pay attention to it.

tp

Note - I gave that tp before I read the whole tp thing, not to annoy anyone
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:49:36 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2009, 12:47:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
What we should do is that if you give a TP to somebody, it should reduce your TP count, so essentially you're giving away a TP from your stash to someone else.

Zero-sum TPs?

That is the kind of thing that will hurt my brain for a week

TP

« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I guess maybe we should have a "are tps a good idea" thread or poll or something.  Or maybe not.

But I found Roy's post very interesting. 

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2009, 01:19:14 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Here is my suggestions

A "New Topic" button on the main page. Or any page for that matter. The easier it is to create new threads the more likely someone is to start one.

Expand the Latest Forum Topics from 10 to 15 or 20. I hate when I have to go searching in the forums.

The "New Topic" idea doesn't seem practical to me. As for expanding the "Latest Forum Topics", I think it's a good idea. I'd go for 20 myself.

There's plenty of unused space in the right column.

My guess on this is that there would be some resistance on moving Fanposts even further down on the front page.  Plus, if people learn to use the "Recent Posts" and "Updated Topics" options in their Members Menu, it's really not a huge problem.

Well, it's really not the same thing, since the "Latest Forum Topics" are always 1 click away regardless of where you're at at the moment. If it's not too much work, it would be highly beneficial to expand it. It's clearly one of the most used, if not the most used, tool by active users here, so I really don't understand why anyone would be against it.

I'm willing to bet, for example, that the "Forum Links" tree is not used much. If it were me I'd remove it, seeing as it takes a ton of space in the column, and maybe replace it with some sort of drop down list like we used to have in the previous version of CB. It would improve functionality and clear-up space to expand tools that seem to be in demand by users here.

Just an idea.

« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2009, 02:02:58 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Here is my suggestions

A "New Topic" button on the main page. Or any page for that matter. The easier it is to create new threads the more likely someone is to start one.

Expand the Latest Forum Topics from 10 to 15 or 20. I hate when I have to go searching in the forums.

The "New Topic" idea doesn't seem practical to me. As for expanding the "Latest Forum Topics", I think it's a good idea. I'd go for 20 myself.

My guess on this is that there would be some resistance on moving Fanposts even further down on the front page.  Plus, if people learn to use the "Recent Posts" and "Updated Topics" options in their Members Menu, it's really not a huge problem.

Well, it's really not the same thing, since the "Latest Forum Topics" are always 1 click away regardless of where you're at at the moment. If it's not too much work, it would be highly beneficial to expand it. It's clearly one of the most used, if not the most used, tool by active users here, so I really don't understand why anyone would be against it.

I'm willing to bet, for example, that the "Forum Links" tree is not used much. If it were me I'd remove it, seeing as it takes a ton of space in the column, and maybe replace it with some sort of drop down list like we used to have in the previous version of CB. It would improve functionality and clear-up space to expand tools that seem to be in demand by users here.

Just an idea.

I definitely use the latest forum topics at least 90% of the time.

I also notice that once a topic gets buried outside of the LFT box it is much much much less likely to resurface.
Yup

« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2009, 02:40:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Here is my suggestions

Just an idea.

I definitely use the latest forum topics at least 90% of the time.

I also notice that once a topic gets buried outside of the LFT box it is much much much less likely to resurface.

Completely agree with the observation. One of the main causes of this is that there are too many forum sections. But an expanded LFT should really help a lot.

« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2009, 07:59:55 PM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
By the way, I just wanted to thank everyone who has stepped up and started writing fanposts, new forum threads, and generally taken a positive attitude towards the site

also to thank everyone who always did these things anyway

you guys are the best and that's why this is one of the best sports communities on the web

(locking this thread just because it has run its course - feel free to start a new one if you like)
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)