Author Topic: Jamaal Tinsley?  (Read 5534 times)

Jamaal Tinsley?
« on: July 22, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
wonder how much he commands

Re: looks like jamal Tinsley will become a free agent
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 08:11:47 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Just got an email from the Pacers.  Was about to post the same thing.

Which headcase PG would you rather have if available for the LLE - Marbury, or Tinsley?
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 08:13:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1836
I'd take him. He is a legit PG, although, again, would be tough giving him many minutes with Eddie due to size.

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 08:14:53 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
wonder how much he commands

I'm assuming the minimum.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
Just got an email from the Pacers.  Was about to post the same thing.

Which headcase PG would you rather have if available for the LLE - Marbury, or Tinsley?

Personally Marbury because of Tinsley's health problems.  Headcase and a history of health problems...He's a dangerous acquisition when you add it all up.

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 08:16:59 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1826
What happened, did he get bought out or something? Do you guys think this is a move influenced somehow by the possible trade with Daniels?

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie
"This ends a very difficult period for all parties involved," said Larry Bird, President of Basketball, in the statement released by the Pacers. "We are pleased to have this resolved."

"The resolution means there will be no arbitration hearing next week and the Pacers will instead waive Tinsley. If he is not claimed during the seven-day waiver period, he will become an unrestricted free agent."

Here's a link.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games
"This ends a very difficult period for all parties involved," said Larry Bird, President of Basketball, in the statement released by the Pacers. "We are pleased to have this resolved."

"The resolution means there will be no arbitration hearing next week and the Pacers will instead waive Tinsley. If he is not claimed during the seven-day waiver period, he will become an unrestricted free agent."

Here's a link.

So is it that if someone claims him they have to pay his expected salary for this year?  How does that work?

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Here's a link.

So is it that if someone claims him they have to pay his expected salary for this year?  How does that work?

Yeah, if he's claimed, the take takes on his current contract, which is for $7m per year.  No one is going to pick that up, so he'll hit the market, getting that $7m regardless, plus whatever his new contract commands.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 08:36:37 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Mind Games

Here's a link.

Yeah, if he's claimed, the take takes on his current contract, which is for $7m per year.  No one is going to pick that up, so he'll hit the market, getting that $7m regardless, plus whatever his new contract commands.

Thanks.  TP.

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:38 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Pacers RealGM board saying it's a buyout, so he'll not be getting the entire $7M, but I bet he didn't give them that big a discount.  I bet they pay him something on the order of $6M this year.

Tinsley
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 09:39:42 PM »

Offline CelticWes34

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 20
...just got waived.

what do you guys think, is he worth the risk? personally i say no.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4349316
Carl: And, technically, he's supposed to be spayed, and uh, he ain't that. I know that first hand. Go ahead, ask me how I know. Go ahead. Ask me. Ask me how I know.

Jamaal Tinsley?
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
I'm not real clear on why Larry & co. benched the guy in Indy last year.  Wouldn't he be a decent target for Rondo's backup if he'd accept the league minimum?

Re: Jamaal Tinsley?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 09:59:37 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
When was the last time anyone saw Tinsley play?  Seems like it's been a long time.  Remember how Marbury looked when he hadn't played in a long time?  No thanks.  I'd rather have Marbury.

Plus, Tinsley's a knucklehead off the court, while Marbury is not.  And we already know Marbury will behave himself.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Jamaal Tinsley?
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 10:02:39 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 380
When was the last time anyone saw Tinsley play?  Seems like it's been a long time.  Remember how Marbury looked when he hadn't played in a long time?  No thanks.  I'd rather have Marbury.
Ya, I agree.  Marbury would be preferred, but as a fallback, Tinsely's got talent.

Plus, Tinsley's a knucklehead off the court, while Marbury is not.

LOL.  Marbury is not?  99% of NBA fans would disagree.  BTW, I agree that Tinsley is a head-case, but a one-year minimum deal seems worth the risk if Marbury falls through.  No?