Author Topic: Ramon Sessions Full MLE from Knicks  (Read 4056 times)

Ramon Sessions Full MLE from Knicks
« on: July 21, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
They reported this on Weei, but havent seen it anyplace else
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:38:38 PM by Redz »
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

Re: Ramon Sessions Full MLE from Nicks
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
Was rumored on ESPN a few days ago.  I guess Sessions got his pay day.  Will he start over Duhon?

Re: Ramon Sessions Full MLE from Nicks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
A one-year contract, or multiyear?

Re: Ramon Sessions Full MLE from Knicks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 01:55:22 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Will the Bucks match?

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 02:09:13 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Will the Bucks match?

I think for the bucks, the right thing to do would be to make it an S+T for Duhon's expiring contract, so at least they can get something out of it. Either way I'm pretty sure they want jennings as their future
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 02:10:57 PM »

Online Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Will the Bucks match?

I think for the bucks, the right thing to do would be to make it an S+T for Duhon's expiring contract, so at least they can get something out of it. Either way I'm pretty sure they want jennings as their future

Why would they sign and trade for an expiring deal? That'd just add payroll for this year and cost them money.

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 02:19:44 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Will the Bucks match?

Why would they sign and trade for an expiring deal? That'd just add payroll for this year and cost them money.

My bad. I was thinking of using it as a trading chip, though there's nothing really they'd want to trade for.

Never Forget

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2009, 02:24:15 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I was going to suggest going after Duhon, but he is making upwards of $6 mil a year. Don't know if they'd take our pupu platter of end of roster fodder, but they might for a chance on Walker or Giddens.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
Coincidence that the Knicks make this offer after Nash agrees to an extension?  Wasn't part of their plan to convince Steve Nash to come rejoin his old coach in a year on the cheap and feed the ball to BronBron?

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%
Coincidence that the Knicks make this offer after Nash agrees to an extension?  Wasn't part of their plan to convince Steve Nash to come rejoin his old coach in a year on the cheap and feed the ball to BronBron?

Their plan was Kidd, who has ties with Kobe and Bron and the rest of the redeem team. That failed. Nash did too.

I have a feeling the cap space saving is not only going to blow up in their face, but just means mediocrity if they decide to push the cap space plan to 2011 or 2012 while David Lee probably flourishes elsewhere

Never Forget

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 02:34:15 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen

Their plan was Kidd, who has ties with Kobe and Bron and the rest of the redeem team. That failed. Nash did too.

I have a feeling the cap space saving is not only going to blow up in their face, but just means mediocrity if they decide to push the cap space plan to 2011 or 2012 while David Lee probably flourishes elsewhere

Seems like they're REALLY floundering right now.  Sessions is good, but he's no Kidd, he's no Nash.  They got used by Grant Hill.  Does LeBron REALLY want to go to New York and start over again from scratch, when Cleveland, for all their flaws, at least has put together a team that's complementary enough to him that he'll go deep into the playoffs every year? 

It's entirely possible David Lee walks and Nate Robinson goes to Greece; how many wins does New York have next year without those two guys?

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Seems like they're REALLY floundering right now.  Sessions is good, but he's no Kidd, he's no Nash.  They got used by Grant Hill.  Does LeBron REALLY want to go to New York and start over again from scratch, when Cleveland, for all their flaws, at least has put together a team that's complementary enough to him that he'll go deep into the playoffs every year? 

It's entirely possible David Lee walks and Nate Robinson goes to Greece; how many wins does New York have next year without those two guys?

And the best thing?  They don't have their #1 next year.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 02:43:44 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • !@#$%

Yeh I heard Simmons talking about it. What's scary is the underrated fact that a reason Utah doesn't mind losing Boozer is because next year in what looks to be a good draft class, Utah has a very good #1 pick.

Is it me, or is the whole NYC big market thing overrated? When's the last time a huge free agent WANTED to go to NYC? Last one I can think of is Eddy Curry, and that's only because Chicago was worried because of a heart problem.

Never Forget

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!

Yeh I heard Simmons talking about it. What's scary is the underrated fact that a reason Utah doesn't mind losing Boozer is because next year in what looks to be a good draft class, Utah has a very good #1 pick.

Is it me, or is the whole NYC big market thing overrated? When's the last time a huge free agent WANTED to go to NYC? Last one I can think of is Eddy Curry, and that's only because Chicago was worried because of a heart problem.

Eddy Curry was definitely a Huge free agent, but not in a good way.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

Offline Michael Anthony

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
Is Robinson an upgrade over House?

If he is going to Greece for $10 million you would think we could put together a sign and trade - House, Pruitt and Cash for Robinson?
"All I have to know is, he's my coach, and I follow his lead. He didn't have to say anything in here this week. We all knew what we had to do. He's a big part of our family, and we're like his extended family. And we did what good families do when one of their own is affected." - Teddy Bruschi