Author Topic: Diogu  (Read 1642 times)

Diogu
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:49:10 AM »

Offline Lildave

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 1
Here in Louisiana I have to get the NBA League pass to watch all the Celts games. So of course I watch alot of west coast games after the Celts go off. I was really impressed with this kids play at the end of last year playing for Sac. I know he was playing for a bad team but I was just wondering if he could help this team with our depth down low. Especially for very cheap.

Re: Diogu
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 01:48:52 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I'd be all for this. I think that him being traded so many times is killing his performance, everytime he starts to understand a system he has to leave and learn a new one.

I don't know how much he's looking for though...

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 02:15:30 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
He's played quite well in limited minutes, but he's either a very undersized PF or a really fat SF.

He scored a bunch of points at the end of the year (contract year) on a really crappy Kings team with very few options on offense. 

So, it's hard to really gauge how useful he could be for us.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 02:56:46 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
ive wondered what happened to this guy.   being a arizona grad,  this guy was a beast in the pac 10.   almost exactly similiar to leon powe's college career.   i would love to have the celtics pick up a legit low post player.  i thought diogu would have play like elton brand in the nba.

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 03:14:08 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
ive wondered what happened to this guy.   being a arizona grad,  this guy was a beast in the pac 10.   almost exactly similiar to leon powe's college career.   i would love to have the celtics pick up a legit low post player.  i thought diogu would have play like elton brand in the nba.

Well, he's had really good PER numbers throughout his career so far, and hes had some monster games.  He's averaged 20 and 10 per 40 minutes and an acceptable turnover rate.

But I have to think there's some reason he hasn't gotten more playing time despite his good stats.

Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 11:24:17 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The issue with Diogu is that for a supposedly pf(because of his physical frame) he tends to stay play on the perimeter most of the time (even sometimes beyond the three point line)

He is no doubt talented but needs to play one position the right way. Right now he is a sf on offense and pf on defense.