Author Topic: Hinrich available?  (Read 2450 times)

Hinrich available?
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
If there is any chance at all we could land this guy I would absolutely kick the tires.

I think this guy would be just about the most perfect fit for this team. He is big bucks but he is a deadeye shooter, great passer, protects the ball and is a dogged defender.

He would be a great back-up at the 1 and can play the 2. He would also be great insurance in case we ever lost Rondo.

Re: Hinrich available?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 10:54:41 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
No Thanks.  Too expensive for what he can bring to this team. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 10:55:31 AM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I would absolutely love Hinrich on this team. He could be perfect as the first wing off the bench. He can guard and play two positions very well. He is overpaid, but perhaps Chicago would prefer to get out of it early. We could give them an expiring pupu platter of Scal, House, TA, and Giddens/Walker/Pruitt. However, as bad as his contract is, he still produces at a high level and Chicago won't give him away for nothing.

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:20:05 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I think he's probably just slightly over paid. The question is could we play with Hinrich, House, and Ray Allen at the guard and small forward spots?

You're going to start Pierce, Allen, Rondo.

You bring in Hinrich for Allen. Then House for Rondo. Then Allen for Pierce. Then Rondo for House. Then Pierce for Hinirch.

These are the lineups you have (this is generic to a half):

4 min: Pierce, Allen, Rondo
4 min: Pierce, Hinrich, Rondo
4 min: Pierce, Hinrich, House
4 min: Allen, Hinrich, House
4 min: Allen, Hinrich, Rondo

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

you'd obviously have to adjust that to make it smooth. but it gives a rough sketch.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 11:30:03 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
for the right price...absolutely!  but i think he might be out of our range.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2009, 12:11:31 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
for the right price...absolutely!  but i think he might be out of our range.
Come on down!

I agree with the Dark Lord of the C's and everyone else that says he'd be great at the right price, but how likely is that?  Also, he's young enough where a lot of years would be wanted as well.  Not looking likely as much as I'd love it.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 12:17:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1562
I think he's probably just slightly over paid. The question is could we play with Hinrich, House, and Ray Allen at the guard and small forward spots?

You bring in Hinrich for Allen. Then House for Rondo. Then Allen for Pierce. Then Rondo for House. Then Pierce for Hinirch.

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

you'd obviously have to adjust that to make it smooth. but it gives a rough sketch.
we can't get Hinrich unless we trade Ray Allen, so your problem won't be an issue at all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

we can't get Hinrich unless we trade Ray Allen, so your problem won't be an issue at all.

Well, technically if the Bulls wanted to do a straight salary dump the C's have enough expiring contracts to make it work without giving up Jesus. They would have to give up house but I wouldn't care if Hinrich was coming off the bench.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2009, 12:26:49 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

Ray Allen??  Hinrich is closer in stats to Tony Allen than he is Ray Allen.

He's a nice player who can play both PG and SG, but Ray Allen...?

How about Baby, Scals, TA, and Walker?

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2009, 12:30:33 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

Well, technically if the Bulls wanted to do a straight salary dump the C's have enough expiring contracts to make it work without giving up Jesus. They would have to give up house but I wouldn't care if Hinrich was coming off the bench.
true, or we could just give up scals, t allen, and then giddens and walker (instead of house), but why on earth would Chicago do either trade.  They have no need to just dump hinrich especially now that gordon is gone.

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

and why does chicago do that?  Baby isn't better than Noah, Thomas, or Deng so he won't get hardly any minutes.  The rest of hte players are just garbage.

and you are underselling Hinrich a bit.  He is a much better defender than Ray Ray and is a pretty good three point shooter.  He is big enough to play SG against most teams, but a good enough ball handler to back up the point, thus filling that role.  Hinrich isn't as good as Ray Allen, but he isn't chump change either, and in order to make the money work, something else would have to come to the C's, perhaps Tyrus Thomas.

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 12:35:54 PM »

Offline Jon Niednagel

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

true, or we could just give up scals, t allen, and then giddens and walker (instead of house), but why on earth would Chicago do either trade.  They have no need to just dump hinrich especially now that gordon is gone.

I don't think they would do either deal. My point was if they wanted to do a salary dump the C's could oblige without including Ray.
“Being a Celtic is, every decision you make is about the team. Every cut you make is about the team. Every pass you make is about the team. You take yourself out of it. It’s not for everyone. If you don’t want to win, don’t want to play team basketball, and it’s more about you then you’re probably not a Celtic." Doc 2010

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 12:41:36 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255

Pierce 16 minutes
Allen 16 minutes
Rondo 16 minutes
Hinrich 16 minutes
House 8 minutes

and why does chicago do that?  Baby isn't better than Noah, Thomas, or Deng so he won't get hardly any minutes.  The rest of hte players are just garbage.

and you are underselling Hinrich a bit.  He is a much better defender than Ray Ray and is a pretty good three point shooter.  He is big enough to play SG against most teams, but a good enough ball handler to back up the point, thus filling that role.  Hinrich isn't as good as Ray Allen, but he isn't chump change either, and in order to make the money work, something else would have to come to the C's, perhaps Tyrus Thomas.

well I personally like Baby next to Noah and Ty off the bench under a scenario where they had all three.

I think CHI would be much more willing to move Hinrich if they hadn't lost Ben Gordon, but yeah I am probably underselling Hinrich with that package.

that said, Hinrich isn't in the same zip code as Ray. I don't even agree that he is a better defender. and as a scorer well just not close....