Author Topic: Summer League Game #4 Recap  (Read 2239 times)

Summer League Game #4 Recap
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:28:25 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/IND-BOS_recap_070909.html

Loften Stars, but Pacers Stay Unbeaten

ORLANDO -- Chris Lofton has overcome many obstacles both on and off the court throughout his young life.

In addition to his basketball accomplishments, Loften, a former Mr. Basketball in the state of Kentucky, conquered testicular cancer following his college career at Tennessee.

And now, despite his smaller stature, Lofton is proving he deserves to play with the big boys.

The 2007 SEC Player of the Year erupted for 21 points despite Boston Celtics falling to the undefeated Indiana Pacers, 91-88, on Thursday at the 2009 Orlando Pro Summer League.

Lofton shot 6-for-10 from the field and added two assists and two rebounds.

Roy Hibbert and Tyler Hansbrough, meanwhile for the Pacers, each had monster performances again as the two combined for 50 points and 14 rebounds.

The two interior forces each hit a pair of free throws in the final seconds to seal Indiana’s fourth straight win.

With seven seconds left and Boston down one, Nick Fazekas missed two free throws and then misfired on a potential game-tying 3-pointer right before the buzzer.

A.J. Price contributed 13 points for the Pacers, while Bill Walker scored 12 for the Celtics.

Indiana will look to go unbeaten when it finishes up summer competition against Orlando at 3 p.m. ET, while Boston will precede against NJ/Philadelphia at 1 p.m.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:43:57 PM by Mike-Dub »
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

Re: Summer League Game #4 Recap
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Lofton sure can shoot.

I'm not sure we need a lesser House though.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 09:50:30 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Lofton sure can shoot.

We don't, but at least we know he can do one thing well (besides dunking which isn't that useful).  That's more than we can say for our other young summer league guys.  He has the size to be a combo guard, so maybe he could develop the skills to run an offense and defend as well as shoot.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Lofton sure can shoot.

We don't, but at least we know he can do one thing well (besides dunking which isn't that useful).  That's more than we can say for our other young summer league guys.  He has the size to be a combo guard, so maybe he could develop the skills to run an offense and defend as well as shoot.
Is his 6'2" with or without sneakers? I'm guessing it is the normal generous height basketball players get. Even Edward House II is listed at 6'1". At least Gabe is 6'4".

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 10:14:29 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Lofton sure can shoot.

Is his 6'2" with or without sneakers? I'm guessing it is the normal generous height basketball players get. Even Edward House II is listed at 6'1". At least Gabe is 6'4".

Well, it's a tall enough 6' 2'' to play PG I'm sure. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Bill Walker -- 12 points! ah-sum!!!

Mike

(My name is not Mike)