Author Topic: Ainge has called 10 free agents; Lue, Dice among them  (Read 11097 times)

Re: Ainge has called 10 free agents; Lue, Dice among them
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
My guess at the ten:

1. Rasheed Wallace (Obvi)
2. Dahntay Jones (I Think he'd ask for to much though. He's not worth 4 million per year)
3. Grant Hill (Please no. He's what like 46?)
4. Anthony Parker (We need a backup 3 who can defend. He's more of a 2 guard that can shoot  :-\)
5. Marbury (obvi)
6. Glen Davis (obvi)
7. Tyronne Lue (I don't see any logical reasoning for signing him unless it's to please KG..?)
8. Antonio McDyess (I'd love to get McDyess, but Sheed would definantly be my first option because I don't think we can get both)
9. Rodney Carney (I hope so. Someone started a thread yesterday and got me sold on this guy. We could probably snag him for cheap too. Low risk high reward guy.)
10. Powe (Hey, I can dream right?)

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 11:42:39 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
It seems this is definitely NOT like July 2008!  ;)

and this is a beautiful thing! :)

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2009, 11:46:11 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Wow. There is some SERIOUS scorn here for Tyronn Lue. I had no idea the depth of hate for a career backup went so deep. Is there a Lue vs. Celtics story that I'm not aware of or has Lue made some disparaging remark about the Celtics or their fans in the past?

Not that I hate him, I would just hate him on this team.  I really think he is an overrated 3rd string player if there is such a thing.  I just think he is a downright aweful.  And Im very glad my 500th post is bashing Tyron Lue
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2009, 01:22:47 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Wow. There is some SERIOUS scorn here for Tyronn Lue. I had no idea the depth of hate for a career backup went so deep. Is there a Lue vs. Celtics story that I'm not aware of or has Lue made some disparaging remark about the Celtics or their fans in the past?

I don't know when you started watching basketball, but I had to watch him freeload his way to 3 straight titles with the LA Fakers.

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 01:37:25 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170

I don't know when you started watching basketball, but I had to watch him freeload his way to 3 straight titles with the LA Fakers.

You're serious?? That's what you have?? I can tell you that I've been watching basketball long enough to know that players do that. Maybe you didn't know that happens in this league but it does. Steve Kerr freeloaded his way to 5 or 6 rings. So because he won 3 rings as a spare part on the Lakers?? I got news for you: Most every player on those Laker teams save Shaq and Kobe(though I'd say Shaq had WAY more to do with them winnings than Kobe did) freeloaded to be honest.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 01:46:23 PM »

Offline 42-celticsFAN

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2

You're serious?? That's what you have?? I can tell you that I've been watching basketball long enough to know that players do that. Maybe you didn't know that happens in this league but it does. Steve Kerr freeloaded his way to 5 or 6 rings. So because he won 3 rings as a spare part on the Lakers?? I got news for you: Most every player on those Laker teams save Shaq and Kobe(though I'd say Shaq had WAY more to do with them winnings than Kobe did) freeloaded to be honest.
Scal, TA, Pruitt, Pollard all freeloaded a title.  It happens.

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »

Offline Jay G

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
I may defect if we sign lue.  I think he inherrited the title of worst guard in the NBA after we cut Allen Ray a couple of years ago

I like Allen Ray.   :-\
One Love

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 09:33:39 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I refuse to be a Celtics fan if we sign Lue. I will root for the Charlotte Bobcats to win it all.
I hope we sign him then.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I may defect if we sign lue.  I think he inherrited the title of worst guard in the NBA after we cut Allen Ray a couple of years ago
Bye-bye

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
I think people have come up with all the possible candidates.

The big question is how long we wait for Sheed. We waited a while for Posey. Tough to be left at the altar.

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 09:54:48 PM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
we all know Danny's fascination with Robert Swift, but if we're looking for a raw big who needs some solid coaching, I'd love to see Ike Diogu brought in on the cheap and locked in the gym with Clifford Ray for the next 3 months.

Rumors are he's cheap and available.

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:42 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
we all know Danny's fascination with Robert Swift, but if we're looking for a raw big who needs some solid coaching, I'd love to see Ike Diogu brought in on the cheap and locked in the gym with Clifford Ray for the next 3 months.

Rumors are he's cheap and available.

I agree on Ike, but I disagree that he'll be available cheap.  C'mon, other teams have to see the potential too.

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Jones would be a nice pickup for the C's as a min contract, defending wing player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/05/27/jones.nuggets/index.html

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 10:41:50 PM »

Offline MaxwellSmart86

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 144
Hopefully we HAVE offered Rasheed a 3rd year--Other teams will do the same.

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 10:53:32 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
Jones would be a nice pickup for the C's as a min contract, defending wing player.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/chris_mannix/05/27/jones.nuggets/index.html
Only problem with Jones is that he will probably accept the longest contract he can get, wherever it is. He hasn't been a big earner.