Author Topic: Silly confessions (admiting you were wrong about something sports related)  (Read 26978 times)

Re: Silly confessions (admiting you were wrong about something sports related)
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I may have been wrong about Pietrus. I'm kinda liking him

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2012, 07:52:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
a lot of you should be mentioning Brandon Jennings.  Don't make me bump the thread where you all wanted to trade Rondo for him straight-up.  You know who you are.  Get up here and take your lashings.

Then I''ll nominate everyone who got carried away with Gerald Green for a start.  There's a boatload of Celtic scrubs who have come through these doors that Celtic fans thought was the next *insert random celtic hall of famer*

I'll admit I was wrong about Glen Davis.  I thought he was an obese bum.  I overrated him.

No, but really... I never got caught up in the early Rondo hype.  You might as well have been talking about Avery Bradley when you all hyped him as a future star.  I didn't see it at first.  Everyone lost their mind during a preseason game where he made a basket, stoll the ball and made another basket.  I was sitting here rolling my eyes.  This is the same fanbase who told me Orien Greene was "the next Steve Nash".  For once the hype was warranted.  Rondo has turned into a nice little ballplayer.  I was wrong to doubt it.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 07:59:15 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2012, 07:58:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
a lot of you should be mentioning Brandon Jennings.  Don't make me bump the thread where you all wanted to trade Rondo for him straight-up.  You know who you are.  Get up here and take your lashings.

Then I''ll nominate everyone who got carried away with Gerald Green for a start.  There's a boatload of Celtic scrubs who have come through these doors that Celtic fans thought was the next *insert random celtic hall of famer*

I'll admit I was wrong about Glen Davis.  I thought he was an obese bum.  I overrated him.

No, but really... I never got caught up in the early Rondo hype.  You might as well have been talking about Avery Bradley when you all hyped him as a future star.  I didn't see it at first.  Everyone lost their mind during a preseason game where he made a basket, stoll the ball and made another basket.  I was sitting here rolling my eyes.  This is the same fanbase who told me Orien Greene was "the next Steve Nash".  For once the hype was warranted.  Rondo has turned into a nice little ballplayer.
This should answer some of that

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=33161.0

The next guy who says I said to trade Brady for Sanchez (I feel like Ross insisting "We were on a break!"...I only said to shop him [dang it]) might get this thread checked

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2012, 08:01:56 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

No, but really... I never got caught up in the early Rondo hype.  You might as well have been talking about Avery Bradley when you all hyped him as a future star.  I didn't see it at first.  Everyone lost their mind during a preseason game where he made a basket, stoll the ball and made another basket.  I was sitting here rolling my eyes.  This is the same fanbase who told me Orien Greene was "the next Steve Nash".  For once the hype was warranted.  Rondo has turned into a nice little ballplayer.
This should answer some of that

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=33161.0

The next guy who says I said to trade Brady for Sanchez (I feel like Ross insisting "We were on a break!"...I only said to shop him [dang it]) might get this thread checked
Proud to see my comment prediction saying his FG% would tank by the end of the season.  He finished that season shooting 37%... lol

For what it's worth, he looks better this year.  His 3rd season.  He's still only 22.  But still... that thread is funny

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:35 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Not wanting to trade Big Al for KG.

Lots of other things, probably but that takes the cake.

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I was wrong about dirk not being a clutch player.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14