Author Topic: Eminem punked bad at the Movie Awards?  (Read 16095 times)

Re: Eminem punked bad at the Movie Awards?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't even care, I am so tired of Eminem.  Anyone who calls this guy the greatest rapper of all time must not listen to rap because Jay-Z and Nas are much better then him in my opinion.  Also, I'm kind of glad this was done, all Eminem does is run his mouth about other people, I'm glad he can be the joke this time.  Also, this award show has got to be the worst award show ever, Twilight over Dark Knight?  I don't think I even need to say anything about it.

you have to consider they're remaining audience.

If they didn't go with twilight, they would have alienated there "12 year old girls who still watch MTV" demographic, and then they'd just be a less relevant VH1.  ;D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2009, 10:58:54 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
I think it was a metaphor for anyone who still watches MTV.  Tune in, and you're getting a face full of ass.  That's what you get for watching an awards show that names Twilight the best movie of the year.

Outstanding!  ;D
Yup

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009, 11:14:53 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30

you have to consider they're remaining audience.

If they didn't go with twilight, they would have alienated there "12 year old girls who still watch MTV" demographic, and then they'd just be a less relevant VH1.  ;D

Right, I was just talking to my friend and I didn't realize it's done by fan voting.  That way, it makes sense, dumb, but it makes sense.
do it

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:32 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
My gf watched more VH1 than MTV. Thats how relevant they are.

Quick question...when was the last time someone saw a full length music video on MTV?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
My gf watched more VH1 than MTV. Thats how relevant they are.

Quick question...when was the last time someone saw a full length music video on MTV?

MTV plays music?

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
in MTV's defense, they do have 2 stations which are strictly music videos, but MTV itself doesn't do anything with music anymore.
do it

Re: Eminem punked bad at the Movie Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 11:57:08 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103

I say it was just a really good acting job. All part of the show. I'm sure Em got paid very well.
Exactly.  Not like he couldn't see him coming down... from a long way up, and very slowly.  No way he comes down with his legs around his head.  Mathers would have ducked down, protecting his head, as would anyone.  Completely scripted.  About as real as The Hills.

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 12:11:34 PM »

Offline PaulPierce34G

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 110
  • Soul Glo
I think MTV still plays videos, but its very early in the AM hours...around 2-4 AM...or something like that.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 12:30:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I say it was just a really good acting job. All part of the show. I'm sure Em got paid very well.

agreed.  eminem is a closet homosexual anyways.  Listen to his lyrics.  He's about as gay as they come.

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

agreed.  eminem is a closet homosexual anyways.  Listen to his lyrics.  He's about as gay as they come.

*This is just joking around but feel free to edit if not in the spirt of the blog.

If being closet gay gets you the type of tail he pulls down for an average looking dude, Ive got to give up this whole straight guy routine at the bars, im not getting anywhere near the same quality of women  ;D.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2009, 01:26:49 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
obvious publicity stunt is obvious

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Speakin of the movie awards, i heard Twilight won mad awards....It's funny, i never heard of Slumdog Millionaire until the Oscars, and i never heard of Twilight until i heard it was a movie based on a book, like Harry Potter. Crazy ain't it?
If you rely on television commercials to learn about movies, then you may not hear about limited release movies like Slumdog. If you look at sites like metacritic.com, you will hear about the good movies.

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline rondo987

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
really, relapse was awful? I can't even believe people are saying this.

That's far from the truth. Maybe he isn't the best rapper out there, but he is definately one of the best. His lyrics are ridiculous.
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, and some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."

-Paul Pierce-

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 02:49:30 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
His lyrics are solid, good in some songs, but plain stupid in others.  Some people think those dumb songs are funny, I think they're pointless.  There is not a lot of substance to his lyrics, I just think there are many rappers with more substance and meaning in their lyrics.
do it

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 03:20:06 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
I laughed at the bit. I think it was probably staged, but if not it crossed a line. On the other hand "Eminem" made a name for himself punking other people, so it doesn't bother me.

And I think it was some new clown and not SBC.