Author Topic: SF's that the Celtics can acquire via trade  (Read 12459 times)

Re: SF's that the Celtics can acquire via trade
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
The consensus amongst CBer's seems to highlight the importance of a SF that can off the bench, lessen the minutes of Pierce and R.Allen and contribute on both ends of the floor. I compiled a list of Small forwards that the Celtics could obtain with any/all combination of Scal+House+T.Allen+Giddens+Walker+ future 1st round pick:

Gerald Wallace - With the Bobcats up for sale and annual loss the team is looking to cut payroll.

Tayshaun Prince - Like every NBA team the Pistons rely on the area business for revenue and support. With the Auto industry hurting and affecting the entire community, the Pistons might be looking to slash payroll even further.

James Posey -  The Hornets have not been shy about their financial woes, Posey Another player that will be available because of the tough economic times.

Matt Harpring - The Jazz might be willing to part with Harpring if the right deal came along.

Mike Miller - Another player that might require a little extra but is a Celtic possibility with the right offer.

Mike Dunleavy - With Granger taking over the role as the main man in Indiana he becomes another possibility as teams across the league look to shed payroll.

I been saying it since the season ended.  One guy and one guy only - SHANE BATTIER!

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2009, 01:52:42 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
The consensus amongst CBer's seems to highlight the importance of a SF that can off the bench, lessen the minutes of Pierce and R.Allen and contribute on both ends of the floor. I compiled a list of Small forwards that the Celtics could obtain with any/all combination of Scal+House+T.Allen+Giddens+Walker+ future 1st round pick:

Gerald Wallace - With the Bobcats up for sale and annual loss the team is looking to cut payroll.

Tayshaun Prince - Like every NBA team the Pistons rely on the area business for revenue and support. With the Auto industry hurting and affecting the entire community, the Pistons might be looking to slash payroll even further.

James Posey -  The Hornets have not been shy about their financial woes, Posey Another player that will be available because of the tough economic times.

Matt Harpring - The Jazz might be willing to part with Harpring if the right deal came along.

Mike Miller - Another player that might require a little extra but is a Celtic possibility with the right offer.

Mike Dunleavy - With Granger taking over the role as the main man in Indiana he becomes another possibility as teams across the league look to shed payroll.

I been saying it since the season ended.  One guy and one guy only - SHANE BATTIER!

We can only dream..

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

We can only dream..

The odds of Shane Battier decreased greatly after Ron-Ron left...now they've got trevor ariza or bust.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
Rip Hamilton?
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Rip Hamilton?

No way!  Bad contract and defense is limited to nail scratching!