Author Topic: Amazing Win, but..........  (Read 6300 times)

Amazing Win, but..........
« on: May 10, 2009, 11:05:00 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Ray Allen a no show for the third game in this series; 2 points off the bench; Perk's shoulder, and Rondo's continued erratic play. I LOVE this win, but the four things I list here all concern me greatly. I still cannot believe that any team can win a game in the playoffs with TWO points of that bench. That truly is amazing.

Re: Amazing Win, but..........
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 11:10:17 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5351
  • Thumper of the BASS!
we cant expect the big two to show every game like they are paid to do..but atleast sumbody stepped up....vinnie enjoy the win...

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:12:22 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
we cant expect the big two to show every game like they are paid to do..but atleast sumbody stepped up....vinnie enjoy the win...

I am enjoying the win. However, can't help but worry about Perk's shoulder. It looked pretty bad when he came out and while he did come back for the last few minutes, you know how these things get worse once the game ends. Also, I can't help but wonder about Rondo. And finally. Ray has stepped up one game in this series. If you make as much money as he does, it has to be more than that.

Pierce = Warrior and one of my all time favorite Celtics. If the refs don't call that phantom 5th foul on him, C's probably win this one a lot easier.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
He's a shooter, he was smothered, give Orlando credit.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 11:18:16 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

Face it, we've been winning ugly all year.  It's like it's in our DNA now.  BBD just made a big statement.  He'll be coming like an even bigger freight train when they get back to the Garden and this time the Magic are gonna respect it.

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 11:19:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
1) Ray played okay overall, he just wasn't hitting from deep.  Orlando is playing good D on him, and the Celts aren't running enough plays specifically for him.

2) We need more offensive production out of our bench, but they at least contributed on D.  Again, Orlando played very good defense on Eddie.

3) I think Perk will be fine.  Assuming that the injury was simply another dislocation that popped right back into place, the fact that Perk raised his arms above his head immediately afterward was a very good sign.

4) Rondo has been more good than bad this series.  He's been up and down both offensively and defensively, but overall, he's played well.

The only real concerns I have are that this team sometimes goes into long comas where they don't play defense, we have nobody who can stop Lewis consistently, and the offense at times completely breaks down, especially when Ray's shot isn't falling. 

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 11:19:54 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2583
A competitive series with Orlando is all I am hoping for.  Vinnie -- we all know this team is not a contender without KG and Powe.  It's all about enjoying how this injured and fatigued team can stay standing.

Perk's shoulder has been hurt throughout the playoffs -- he has said all along that it will bother him till he gets off-season rest.  But, he's been solid every game despite it.  

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 11:21:12 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Face it, we've been winning ugly all year.  It's like it's in our DNA now.  BBD just made a big statement.  He'll be coming like an even bigger freight train when they get back to the Garden and this time the Magic are gonna respect it.

jus like scalabrine

rare to see him open anymore!

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 11:32:04 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133

jus like scalabrine

rare to see him open anymore!

Scal took so much heat the last couple years, I'm glad to see him get his props now.  And he's showing the young guys how to commit to the game as professionals, I like that too.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 11:35:32 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Thumper of the BASS!
lol....ha..ha....

they showed baby pushion that kid....

that kid was holdin his back...lol

but bein that close to the floor im sure u gotta sign sumthin to not hold the nba responsible for injuries...jus like the camera men

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 11:36:54 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
ray got better tonight and i expect a big one from him tuesday

-perk looked ok celebrating...gotta think he will just strap up and go

-eddie scores 15 plus off the bench tuesday

-lets se how the magic handle this..nothing harder in sports than to lose a game in the finals seconds

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:37:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think the positives outweigh the negatives with this team and will even if they lose the next two games. They have been decimated by injuries the last half of this season and are playing with Brian Scalabrine and Mikki Moore as the first two bigs off the bench in the playoffs and yet are tied in the conference semi's.

To me it's all good. Every game they win from this point forward is a bonus in my mind. Ray will come around and Orlando's defense will lull. Rondo looks to be back in the good Rondo mode(21 pts and 14 REBOUNDS, GOD), the defense played well for what seemed like almost a whole game, and we are getting different role playing guys stepping up every game(Perk, Baby, House). I feel good to call this team mine, win or lose, from this point on.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Why do we always have threads with the word "But" at the end after every single win? Was a perfect game? Far from it, but Davis won the game for the Celtics and that's all we needed tonight. There's RARELY a downside to a win.

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 11:44:09 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
We'll get a trial at the Q this year, I promise. We may not get a fair trial in front of the tainted Witnesses but we will go to Cleveland this year.

Orlando does not impress me at all. Dwight Howard is OVERRATED.
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2009, 11:50:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
We'll get a trial at the Q this year, I promise. We may not get a fair trial in front of the tainted Witnesses but we will go to Cleveland this year.

Orlando does not impress me at all. Dwight Howard is OVERRATED.

agree about Howard...he is a good defender but basically a garbage man on offense cleaning up long rebounds and lobs...plus he moved on a ton of offensive screens tonight