Author Topic: KG at Ben Gordon  (Read 7405 times)

Re: KG at Ben Gordon
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 10:20:29 AM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129
So, the Cavs dancing on their bench during a timeout is 'classless' but KG screaming at Gordon (which is what he is doing) is okay?

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 10:31:50 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
So, the Cavs dancing on their bench during a timeout is 'classless' but KG screaming at Gordon (which is what he is doing) is okay?

Yes, it is. 8)

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 10:45:38 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 354

Nothing wrong with either one.  And the KG thing is ALL about Celtics/Boston hate.  He is the exact same player he was in Minnesota.  And even people that accept this try to justify it by saying that no one noticed because he was in Minnesota.  Give me a break.  He's been one of the most popular players for the past 13 years.  Everyone knew exactly the type of player he was.  But doing it in Minnesota on a losing team is "intensity", but doing it in Boston, on a winner, is "classless"??   ::)

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
As another poster mentioned, this picture could be taken out of context. Looking at it closely, it does look like Gordon could be two or three feet away from KG and that KG is yelling at his teammates walking off the floor after just winning the game. Either way, best picture of the year.

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 12:48:17 PM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
As another poster mentioned, this picture could be taken out of context. Looking at it closely, it does look like Gordon could be two or three feet away from KG and that KG is yelling at his teammates walking off the floor after just winning the game. Either way, best picture of the year.

i am not going to say kg is right or wrong. but put yourself in his shoes. he is hurt and cannot play. he must be so frustrayed not being able to contribute. i am a cetlic fan, think this is fine; if i was a bulls fan, i would think otherwise. but people have to remember, these athletes are human beings. kg, or any other player who is injured, is simply frustrated not being able to be out there, doing what he loves.
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 12:54:02 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
I hate the way KG is acting, and that is not because I don't like KG.  I love the intensity he has when he is playing, but he is not playing.  I don't mind that he is intense either.  But, if you want to be intense, then root for your guys on the floor.  Talking trash to the other team when you are on the bench (and not playing) is just immature. 

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 12:54:50 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Is Gordon on the Cavs now?

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:44 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I hate the way KG is acting, and that is not because I don't like KG.  I love the intensity he has when he is playing, but he is not playing.  I don't mind that he is intense either.  But, if you want to be intense, then root for your guys on the floor.  Talking trash to the other team when you are on the bench (and not playing) is just immature. 
It is a bit embarrassing. Trash talking when you are in street clothes is pretty weak. Not that big of a deal to me though. Just a little embarrassing.

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:02:23 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
It is a bit embarrassing. Trash talking when you are in street clothes is pretty weak. Not that big of a deal to me though. Just a little embarrassing.

I agree.  I would think KG would be a little embarrassed by this.  Like I said, I know he is intense and that he really cares, but cheer for your guys when you are in street clothes

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 01:12:52 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 354

So you're saying that all the guys on the Bulls bench are doing is cheering their own players on??  Because if you watched a Comcast broadcast, you'd know that's far from correct.  And street clothes or warmups, the likes of Aaron Gray and Anthony Roberson have played as much a part in this series on the court as KG has.  And all they've been doing is smiling and talking trash towards the bench after every big shot by the Bulls.  But no one mentions that because they're nobody players who no one cares about.

None of us are on the court.  And even the lucky few who get courtside seats don't hear everything that goes on.  Most all players talk trash.  Some are just more animated and energized when doing it.

Bulls fans are looking for something to whine about to distract from the recent loss.  If they win game 6, they'll be talking about that.  But until then, they have to shift focus away from theire team being one loss away from elimination.  Simple as that.

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Hey, if trash talking a guy can get in his head then I say KG should give them heck. Basketball is an emotional game and I say let the emotions fly. Just my opinion.

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
This is probably being taken out of context, as a 2-Dimensional photo doesn't really offer much depth perception.  Gordon could be a few feet in front of KG and KG could just be cheering on his teammates or reacting to a play.

Honestly, if KG is actually taunting Gordon this badly, it's sort of pathetic...and I'm a die-hard Celtic.  Gordon has always seemed to be a class-act and doesn't deserve to have someone in a suit yelling in his face.

Excuse me?

How can you call KG pathetic and then call yourself a die-hard Celitc?

How can you say that Gordon has always been a class-act after grabbing his crotch?

Has nobody else called you out on these comments? Anyone? Bueller?
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 03:00:53 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153

I agree.  I would think KG would be a little embarrassed by this.  Like I said, I know he is intense and that he really cares, but cheer for your guys when you are in street clothes

What the @#$% is everyone here talking about? Cassell was talking trash every game when he was in street clothes during the playoffs last year and NONE OF YOU SAID A THING. Not only was he talking trash, but he took it to the point where he would literally get up and clap in a shooters ears as the opponent set up for a catch-and-shoot from the corner.

In closing, KG embodies Celtic PRIDE and YOU are embarrassing.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 03:04:32 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1823
KG is not the one doing the "I'm seeing 3s" sign towards the Celtics bench. KG can talk smack and shout at anyone he pleases.

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 03:06:57 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
There is always a back and forth between players on the court and on the bench.  Whenever a shot is taken in front of the other team's bench they are up and screaming and clapping at them.  If the guy makes the shot anyways he has something to say to the other bench 99% of the time.  It's just a part of the way the NBA culture is today, it has little to do with KG and Gordon individually. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."