Author Topic: Celtics (54-19) at Hawks (42-30) 3/27  (Read 24863 times)

Re: Celtics (54-19) at Hawks (42-30) 3/27
« Reply #120 on: March 27, 2009, 10:38:10 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
BBD was amazing in the first half. Ray is once again clutch. Surprise, Surprise!

House was huge. As was Marbury.

10 Rebounds by Mikki! Way to play big guy. Not amazing defense 1-1, but 10 defensive boards is defense enough.

Perk got worked by Matt Boland. That guy is a tool. That play that he hit Perk with the foul when Zaza got him in the eye was ridiculous. You could tell by the look on his face that he had no clue what to call and just bent Perk over...

You just can't let them cut it that close with a 20 point lead that late. Doc can't be happy. That must feel as close to a loss to him as you can get without losing.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the Celtics' 4th quarter. We only won that game cause of the big lead we built up, as far as I'm concerned. Can't close out games like that.

« Reply #121 on: March 27, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 756
  • MASTER OF PANIC
lack of killer instinct almost cost them...but hey...i thought this was going to be a loss but they played good enough and got a win

« Reply #122 on: March 27, 2009, 10:41:58 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
is Glen Davis becoming a good NBA player ??
Not yet. He has be more consistent. Its nice to see that he went to the inside game as he was off with the jumper tonight, 2-7.

Good? Samantics I say. 43 minutes with only one questionable moving pick which is part due to the gaurd. Good hard fouls taking the charge, make 'em think twice about the drives. Highly intellegent BB and a big body who hustles 43min.
Of course he still has room to improve, but he gets my stamp of approval for being a "Good" NBA player, for one.
I accept your opinion of the deffinition, otherwise!
Well I suppose I would say a good NBA player is above average. I don't think he's above average yet. But he's still a great kid and a valuable team member. Its still only his second year I think he will get better.

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
BBD was amazing in the first half. Ray is once again clutch. Surprise, Surprise!

10 Rebounds by Mikki! Way to play big guy. Not amazing defense 1-1, but 10 defensive boards is defense enough.

Perk got worked by Matt Boland. That guy is a tool. That play that he hit Perk with the foul when Zaza got him in the eye was ridiculous. You could tell by the look on his face that he had no clue what to call and just bent Perk over...

You just can't let them cut it that close with a 20 point lead that late. Doc can't be happy. That must feel as close to a loss to him as you can get without losing.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the Celtics' 4th quarter. We only won that game cause of the big lead we built up, as far as I'm concerned. Can't close out games like that.
True, but that is the reason you build big leads. To whether your cold spells.

I'll take a good road win over the 4 seed with Rondo hurt and KG out.

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
A phenomenal game by BBD, much like Leon's game a week and a half ago. Davis may not be perfectly consistent but how anyone can say that they haven't seen anything but an upward trend in his game all year and not call him reliable is beyond me. BTW, I'm not saying that anyone is saying that just that I think his improvement and greater consistency if obviously evident.

The kid can play ball and is going to get better with some weight training and experience. If the Celtics decide to keep only one of either Powe or Davis, I will say that they are both making Danny's decision a very, very difficult one. The Celtics might have no choice but to keep both if they both continue getting better at the rate that they are.

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:54 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127

True, but that is the reason you build big leads. To whether your cold spells.

I'll take a good road win over the 4 seed with Rondo hurt and KG out.

I'll take one too, but that wasn't one. That wasn't a cold spell. That was just falling apart. That kind of play leads to bad habits. Against a good team you lose that game.