Author Topic: Forgive Me Forum For I Have Sinned  (Read 5709 times)

Forgive Me Forum For I Have Sinned
« on: March 14, 2009, 12:40:30 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I'm writing this topic because I have a confession to make.  Tonight, instead of watching my beloved C's take down a much-needed win against the Grizzlies, I instead spent my night watching my also-beloved Syracuse Orange reach the Big East Tournament Final by beating West Virginia.  In fact, I did not see a single second of our win.

Even though the C's game was a relatively meaningless regular-season contest against a lousy team, and the Cuse game a conference semifinal, I still feel as if I have been unfaithful to my team.  So, I ask the wise men and women of this forum, what should my penance be for such an offense?

Re: Forgive Me Forum For I Have Sinned
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 12:42:44 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I'm writing this topic because I have a confession to make.  Tonight, instead of watching my beloved C's take down a much-needed win against the Grizzlies, I instead spent my night watching my also-beloved Syracuse Orange reach the Big East Tournament Final by beating West Virginia.  In fact, I did not see a single second of our win.

Even though the C's game was a relatively meaningless regular-season contest against a lousy team, and the Cuse game a conference semifinal, I still feel as if I have been unfaithful to my team.  So, I ask the wise men and women of this forum, what should my penance be for such an offense?

crucifie him!!!!!!!!

oh well i actually spend  this game at the local bar watching a bucks game
with a 6+1
 :P

so

youre forgiven... ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:49:16 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I don't think I can forgive you on this one, man.  ;)
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 01:13:01 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
As a fellow long-time Syracuse fan I will give you absolution! And a TP just to make you feel better...

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:28:26 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
You mean to say that you didn't watch enough 'Cuse basketball for the next three years on Thursday night (and Friday morning), fwf?   ;)

Hope you're enjoyin' the ride.  Hard not to be impressed with the way those fellas are handling themselves.  Flynn is logging minutes like there is no tomorrow.

And on a tournament week note...I'm just happy that with the Celts off tomorrow night, I'll be able to sit down and watch the 'Zou take home the Big XII title.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 01:29:14 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
The CelticsBlog...where DVRs happen.

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 02:13:14 AM »

Offline Tnerb02

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
I completely forgot about the game and didn't turn it on until the 2nd quarter.  :-X

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 02:59:25 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
Say 20 "Our Red"'s and "Hail Larry"'s and we'll call it even.

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 01:49:57 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126

next time dvr one while you watch the other.  you dont follow these instructions next time, the dark lord of the sith will make things right in the celtics galaxy  >:(

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 02:05:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Missing the Celtics for college basketball can be considered time served.

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
IMO:  This time of year College hoops takes front and center stage....and I am not apologizing.   ;)
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 02:43:15 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Um...  I missed the game to go out with friends, get drunk, and play darts (which I'm terrible at).  Does that make me better or worse than fairweatherfan?

;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Um...  I missed the game to go out with friends, get drunk, and play darts (which I'm terrible at).  Does that make me better or worse than fairweatherfan?

;)

that makes u equal with me. ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235

;)

No of course not, you are no worse.  You are both equally condemned to hell.

Of course this is from the guy that lives in Ohio and only watches nationally televised games (and works at night so he misses the first half of most of those...)

edit:  Oh man I used the dreaded double parentheses. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:25:54 PM by Schupac »

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 04:10:42 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I guess we can't expect that coming from a blogger who's name is "fairweather fan".   :)

My brother recently saw the Cavs game when he was in Guatemala.  I have had the pleasure of seeing the Celtics in Guate, USA, Montreal and Brazil (which is tougher than it looks when you have 17 soccer games going on at the same time).
Baby Jesus!