Author Topic: Surprisingly, the Thunder are becoming one of my favorite teams.  (Read 5627 times)

Re: Surprisingly, the Thunder are becoming one of my favorite teams.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I'm a huge fan of Durant. He's my favorite young player in the league. Westbrook is scary good for a rookie, and Green is an awesome complementary guy. Can't wait to see Chandler fit in.

In a few years they are gonna be a for real team, kind of like what's going on in Portland.

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 05:10:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2441
Yeah, the pricks -- wish they'd make it easier to hate them.

I'd get so much enjoyment out of that team if it was someone else.

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Lets be real if Lebron had Kobe's finger injury his shooting percentage would be lie 37%. I wanna see LBJ play with the flu too.

A drop of .121?  Really?  So Kobe without the finger injury would be a 59.6% shooter?

No because Kobe just has that shooting touch where he can compensate for the lack of a finger. Lebron doesnt have that shooting touch.

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 06:02:55 PM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Kevin Durant this past month is avg 31 ppg, 8 rebs, 4 assts, 51% FG, 45% 3pt

These are def the same numbers Lebron was putting up when he was 20 and Kevin get benefit from strength a lot more than Lebron can benefit with his limited ability to improve his shooting and post game.

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

These are def the same numbers Lebron was putting up when he was 20 and Kevin get benefit from strength a lot more than Lebron can benefit with his limited ability to improve his shooting and post game.

Lebron is bigger and faster.  I mean, he's what, 270 now.  Hasn't lost a step. 

Lebron is stronger.  And a much better defensive player.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

Lebron is bigger and faster.  I mean, he's what, 270 now.  Hasn't lost a step. 

Lebron is stronger.  And a much better defensive player.

Durant is a better shooter now than LeBron will probably ever be. He's also improving as a shot blocker and he has a lot of potential there with his wingspan.  But yes, you are right with LeBron, but THIS season you are right.  He's always been strong and all but in regards to his defense it's only this season he's become a real defensive force. 

LeBron and KD are not the same player by any means but the comparisons stat wise are interesting.  Durant was a bit under the radar for whatever reason, especially compared to LBJ, but since he's putting up comparable numbers he won't be for long.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2009, 06:26:50 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Lets be real if Lebron had Kobe's finger injury his shooting percentage would be lie 37%. I wanna see LBJ play with the flu too.

A drop of .121?  Really?  So Kobe without the finger injury would be a 59.6% shooter?

No because Kobe just has that shooting touch where he can compensate for the lack of a finger. Lebron doesnt have that shooting touch.

What does touch have to do with compensating for an injured finger?

If anything, the injury would affect Kobe much more.  He is much more reliant on a jumper.  A finger owie isn't going to stop LeBron from all the easy points in the paint he gets.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Durant is definently one of my favourite players now. His scoring ability is freaky, but what I like about him is the way he carries his persona. He's humble and loyal to his team, which (after watching Lebron turn into this smug ego-maniac in the past few seasons) is a breath of fresh air in the league.

Here's hoping the C's manage to land Durant in a few season.

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2009, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
durant reminds (and not to go too far with this comparison) me of reggie lewis.  i enjoy watching him play...as he matures he'll be something special.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."