Author Topic: Raptors (16-22) at Celtics (30-9) 1/12  (Read 52636 times)

Re: Raptors (16-22) at Celtics (30-9) 1/12
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2009, 10:19:49 PM »

Offline indyceltic

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
"I'm Shipping Up to Boston!"

« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2009, 10:20:36 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Now that I can breathe again... anyone notice Utah and Indiana 70-63 at the half?  That some crazy score, yo.

a great defensive battle, lol

« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2009, 10:20:55 PM »

Offline SportsFanatic88

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
2 wins in a row! Let's go Celtics!

« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2009, 10:21:24 PM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Paul Pierce shows again that he's a warrior, I was almost positive he wasnt going to play tonight.. so what does he do? play 49 minutes while scoring 39 and grabbing 9 boards
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2009, 10:21:49 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Nice win! Pierce came up huge for us tonight.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
Boy, that was an ordeal.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2009, 10:23:13 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Paul Pierce shows again that he's a warrior, I was almost positive he wasnt going to play tonight? so what does he do? play 49 minutes and score 39 and grab 9 boards

after this game, the other knee injury this season, and game 1 from the finals last season.......someone needs to kick him in the knee b4 our upcoming big games, lol ;D

« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2009, 10:25:58 PM »

Offline ILoveWalta

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 13
Celts sweep Toronto on the season.  Let's hope for the same back to back results v. NJ.

« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2009, 10:27:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
This team loses this game if Pierce played one second less than he did. Yes, this is just another January game but, this is not just another January game. They've been going bad. They need a couple of wins for their psyche. This was, believe it or not, an important game for them given the scheduling.

The Celtics have played anywhere between 2 and 7 games more than most of the other top ten to twelve teams in the league. They've played 5 games more than Cleveland, 4 games more than LA, 2 games more than Orlando, 4 games more than SA, 7 games more than NO, 6 games more than Phoenix, 4 games more than Portland and 5 games more than Detroit.

And now they are playing two home and aways in a row in 6 days. Those home and aways are like playoff basketball because of the familiarity they breed.

I find the whole scheduling for this team to be very strange. How can they have played 5-7 games more than any other team this far into a season. 5-7 GAMES!!!!!! That means that those teams have had 5-7 more off days or days of practice. Add to that that they just finished 8 roadies in 10 games over in 18 days and they've had a long western trip. That's as tough as they get. No wonder they look tired.

The people doing the early season scheduling certainly weren't Celtics fans thats for sure.

« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2009, 10:29:16 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
man i love tommy but he needs to get with the times and also give credits to other players in the league

rondo is super quick but when another guy like ukic drives , how is anyone who is still in from of him going to stop his drive??

ukic reputation even from europe has been he is a deadly quick penetrator. I like the kid alot, reminds me of rondo but taller(Both can't shoot too great)

great win

Yeah, that's true. But dribble driving is basically everything Ukic can do in a basketball court at this point of his career (on the offensive end, he can defend). He's actually a better player in the NBA than in Europe, where the absence of the defensive 3 seconds - therefore the permanent presence of a big under the rim - and the zones used to take away a lot of his game.

Rondo was defending Ukic like he was Calderon and that's inexcusable.

On the other hand, Ukic shot 2/2 from the 3pt line. So far this season he was 4-27. We were pretty unlucky on that department.

« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »

Offline orrzor

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 58
This team loses this game if Pierce played one second less than he did. Yes, this is just another January game but, this is not just another January game. They've been going bad. They need a couple of wins for their psyche. This was, believe it or not, an important game for them given the scheduling.

The Celtics have played anywhere between 2 and 7 games more than most of the other top ten to twelve teams in the league. They've played 5 games more than Cleveland, 4 games more than LA, 2 games more than Orlando, 4 games more than SA, 7 games more than NO, 6 games more than Phoenix, 4 games more than Portland and 5 games more than Detroit.

And now they are playing two home and aways in a row in 6 days. Those home and aways are like playoff basketball because of the familiarity they breed.

I find the whole scheduling for this team to be very strange. How can they have played 5-7 games more than any other team this far into a season. 5-7 GAMES!!!!!! That means that those teams have had 5-7 more off days or days of practice. Add to that that they just finished 8 roadies in 10 games over in 18 games and they've had a long western trip. That's as tough as they get.

The people doing the early season scheduling certainly weren't Celtics fans thats for sure.

Totally agreed. The thing I hate the most though is how the C's are always on the West Coast for christmas and new year's. I think this just sets us up at a huge disadvantage for those games. Teams shouldn't be traveling coast to coast during holidays IMO.

« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2009, 10:33:20 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

I find the whole scheduling for this team to be very strange. How can they have played 5-7 games more than any other team this far into a season. 5-7 GAMES!!!!!! That means that those teams have had 5-7 more off days or days of practice. Add to that that they just finished 8 roadies in 10 games over in 18 days and they've had a long western trip. That's as tough as they get. No wonder they look tired.

Well the good news hidden in this is that later in the year our schedule eases up considerably.

« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2009, 10:34:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
man i love tommy but he needs to get with the times and also give credits to other players in the league

rondo is super quick but when another guy like ukic drives , how is anyone who is still in from of him going to stop his drive??

ukic reputation even from europe has been he is a deadly quick penetrator. I like the kid alot, reminds me of rondo but taller(Both can't shoot too great)

great win

Yeah, that's true. But dribble driving is basically everything Ukic can do in a basketball court at this point of his career (on the offensive end, he can defend). He's actually a better player in the NBA than in Europe, where the absence of the defensive 3 seconds - therefore the permanent presence of a big under the rim - and the zones used to take away a lot of his game.

Rondo was defending Ukic like he was Calderon and that's inexcusable.

On the other hand, Ukic shot 2/2 from the 3pt line. So far this season he was 4-27. We were pretty unlucky on that department.
They hit a ton of shots in OT to keep stretching the game out. A bad defensive game from Rondo, offset by a stellar one by KG. The D in the fourth was awesome, hopefully we can build on that.

« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2009, 10:35:10 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
Win streak woohoo. Loved that the Celtics tried to vince carter the raptors again at the end of regulation  ;D pity it didn't work. Looks like the Cs are getting back on track not back to their old defensive selves but hopefully the days of fading down the stretch are over.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2009, 10:35:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
KG's humming the Superman theme in the post game press conference. This is hilarious.