Author Topic: Most Hated Opposing Player In Boston  (Read 7881 times)

Most Hated Opposing Player In Boston
« on: December 21, 2008, 03:08:34 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 49
Is it Kobe, just because he's Kobe?

Is it VujaEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline., because he beat his chest after every three he made then cried when Ray burned him?

Could it be Bibby becuase he flat out dissed us to the whole world calling us "bandwagon fans"

What about Al Horford becuase he taunted PSquared after hitting a game clinching shot in the first round of last years playoffs?

Personally I think it has to be Bibby because of his comments last year.  I loved the chants of "Rondos Better" during the playoffs.  I also loved how when I went to the game against the Hawks this year at the Garden (PSuared hit the buzzer beater to win it) Bibby still got booed every time he touched the ball.

Let's hear what you guys think!!!

UBUNTU

Re: Most Hated Opposing Player In Boston
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 03:12:06 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i agree with all of those players listed.  on a lesser scale, i would also throw qrich and j o'neil in there too.

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i did'nt hate bibby that mmuch because whether he knows it or not he was right. there are tons of bandwagoners in boston. plus he simply did'nt and does'nt suck and i really got the feeling that most of these fans yelling this could'nt even tell you where bibby played the previous year. for me it's close between bruce bowen(in my opinion should have been expelled from the league for good a long time ago) . jose calderon is a close second. i loathe luke walton as well.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2008, 03:21:05 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
i did'nt hate bibby that mmuch because whether he knows it or not he was right. there are tons of bandwagoners in boston. plus he simply did'nt and does'nt suck and i really got the feeling that most of these fans yelling this could'nt even tell you where bibby played the previous year. for me it's close between bruce bowen(in my opinion should have been expelled from the league for good a long time ago) . jose calderon is a close second. i loathe luke walton as well.

There are bandwangon fans everywhere. The problem with Bibby is that he made it seem as if its fanbase is based on bandwagoners. Proffesional teams in Boston have quite a loyal fanbase. There are not many places that can attest to that.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2008, 03:22:27 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
For me Vujab*tch is #1 - I hate that punk. Kobe is a very, very close second and you've got to throw Blount in there too.

For personal reasons, I can't stand LeBron.

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 03:43:21 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
I can remember at one time you could just take a pick from the starters of the Pistons but i think Bill Laimbeer got under most people's skin the most.John Sally was the one i have carried a long time hatred for.

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 04:14:22 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
laimbeer and salley are great choices. i'm sorta glad laimbeer was around because he was such a perfect villain but he really did give dangerous career threatening fouls. no matter how many years go by i still look back on him and think he's a little bit of a  sick person. no matter how mad you can get  in a game i don't know anyone who would pull some of the stuff he did.
  spider sally is just flat out BAD FOR BASKETBALL.  it's a shame he has a job in the media when he has said right up front on more than one occassion that he would take a  huge payday over an nba championship.  that certainly does'nt make you an evil person but would'nt ye be the LAST guy you would want with a microphone talking about sports??? he has this rep for being funny but i never found him funny. i don't get it.

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
I hate Lebron.  I hate his personality, his ego, his love of money.  I dont like Kobe either, but honestly its just because hes the face of the Lakers.

What Mike Bibby said about Celtic fans really irritated me, but it didnt stick.  I dont think I could hate him for it just because the statement was so stupid.  He calls Celtic fans bandwagon fans, while playing in front of a now sell out crowd in Phillips Arena, that had been deserted all year long, but is now filled because the Hawks made the playoffs.  But we're the bandwagoners?  That makes a lot of sense.

I still love watching Jason Kidd fail at trying to win a championship though, I'll always hate him.  Every year he comes up short, I smile, then say a prayer for his wife/girlfriend.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 04:25:03 PM by greg683x »
Greg

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
I'm with you Greg, I can't stand Lebron.  He was forced on us by the hype machine before he ever stepped foot on an NBA court, he's the poster child for what's wrong with NBA officiating, and his biggest fans can't even acknowledge the two things I said without shattering their world  :'(

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 04:56:51 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
i did'nt hate bibby that mmuch because whether he knows it or not he was right. there are tons of bandwagoners in boston.
I take issue with this statement. Bibby was flat out wrong. Boston has one of the greatest fan bases in the country for all of its major sports, which is proven by the attendence (never mind the environment) at all of the sporting events that take place in the city.

Want proof? During the 2006-2007 season, probably one of the most pathetic in franchise history, Celtics fans averaged over 90% attendance. Hawks fans this year have averaged 88% attendance.

I don't know if you made it to any Celtics games two years ago, but some of them had electric environments despite the state of the franchise at that time. I remember I went to a game on a Friday night sometime during the Kevinn Pickney era, when the Cs had about 7 or 8 active guys, going up against Shaq and the Heat. It may or may not have been during the losing streak, I forget. But either way, the atmosphere at that game was something you just wouldn't get in any other city. The place was packed, and abosolutely rocking, despite the ragtag group of players that were wearing green.

There's definitely bandwagoners everywhere, including Boston, but the most passionate sports fans in America are the wrong people to accuse of being bandwagon jumpers.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 05:06:16 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
I agree with Tione43, I went to the last regular season home game two years ago against the Pistons.  Although they lost on a buzzer beater by Flip Murray, the Garden was packed and the place was going crazy.  I think that no matter how bad Boston teams are, they will always have a good following.
UBUNTU

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 05:13:49 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Q is up there now.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 05:20:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Therapist.

;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 05:34:18 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
Nate Robinson and Carmelo, but they probably aren't the most hated when playing in Boston. They just seem like punks to me. However I do think Nate has settled down a bit now, playing well for the knicks.

I'm also putting Zaza up for nomination!

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »

Offline Celtics1990

• Al Horford
Oh yeah!! I forgot to put ZAZA up there in my original nominations.  He just seems like a huge clown especially when he went face to face with KG in the playoffs. I wish KG ripped him in half and threw him back to his homeland.
UBUNTU