Author Topic: Stern: Celtics '86 over Bulls '96  (Read 997 times)

Stern: Celtics '86 over Bulls '96
« on: December 10, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
In a recent Bill Simmons podcast he has David Stern on as a special guest. He asks him who the best player and team was in his tenure and he chooses the Celtics in 1986. He said we had "a hall of fame team" and the Bulls were "rock stars" and goes on to praise the Celtics whole-heartedly. It's a real good interview, and credit to Simmons for getting answers out of the commissioner.

Link.

Re: Stern: Celtics '86 over Bulls '96
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 06:05:18 PM »

Offline I Am A Boston Celtic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 25
In a recent Bill Simmons podcast he has David Stern on as a special guest. He asks him who the best player and team was in his tenure and he chooses the Celtics in 1986. He said we had "a hall of fame team" and the Bulls were "rock stars" and goes on to praise the Celtics whole-heartedly. It's a real good interview, and credit to Simmons for getting answers out of the commissioner.

Link.

I also reckon the '86 Celtics could topple anyone over a 7 game series.

Still.....Stern's favorite player happens to be the Hick from French Lick, so his choice doesn't suprise me.

Remember when Jordan & Magic returned? Well Stern was salivating at the prospect of Bird returning, a stern "No" was the answer, pardon the pun.

:)