Author Topic: They have red sox classics, bruins classics...why not Celtics classics???  (Read 2270 times)

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
With a four day break in between games for the Cs, its tough when there's no game on.  It's not like there's even a game to have on ESPN or TNT.  This week would've been the perfect week to start up "Celtics Classics" on CSN!

Why doesn't CSN do this?!  I feel like it would really cool and successful.

Obviously there's all of the 80s playoff games.  But even some games this decade would be awesome.

2 years ago when the Celtics finally beat the Spurs in San Antonio
Any 2002 playoff game.
The return of Antoine in 04-05.
Perhaps an Al Jefferson breakout game.
The Ray Allen buzzer three against the Bobcats last year.
And of course game 4 of the NBA finals last year :)

What else you guys think?

Re: They have red sox classics, bruins classics...why not Celtics classics???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 10:50:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
For post Bird era...

Pitino's first game: Opening Night win over Jordan and the champion Bulls in front of a packed house with huge expectations.

Yup

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 11:26:27 PM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis
For post Bird era...

Pitino's first game: Opening Night win over Jordan and the champion Bulls in front of a packed house with huge expectations.

tp....halloween that game was unbelievable...it was also the debut of Mercer and Chauncey

not too many in the late 90's - early 00's.....Miracle Milt game...didnt Antoine have a buzzer beater v. the Lakers
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 11:41:58 PM »

Offline BigHam

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 16
  • 7' 2" 330 lbs
That game against the Bulls being most notable for Tommy's exclamation "The was bull%$#@". "Good thing we are on cable."-Mike
Waking up from a slumber to misunderstand another.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 12:06:00 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3783
  • Yup
That game against the Bulls being most notable for Tommy's exclamation "The was bull%$#@". "Good thing we are on cable."-Mike

Yeh, that was an all time great Tommy moment. You could just see it coming too.  The Bulls kept pecking away at the Celts lead and Jordan kept getting fouled and Tommy kept getting more and more p.o.'d
Yup

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 12:29:40 AM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
Overall NESN has better coverage of their two teams than CSN does in my opinion.  I mean we didn't even have pre and post game shows before last year for crying out loud. 

They have made improvements.  Celtics Now being one of them.  I agree with this post, hopefully next up will be Celtics classics.

I'd love to watch the full game in LA when Antoine banked the 3 ball for the win and Kobe's shot at the buzzer got called off.  That was a great win in a very entertaining season.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Overall NESN has better coverage of their two teams than CSN does in my opinion.  I mean we didn't even have pre and post game shows before last year for crying out loud. 

They have made improvements.  Celtics Now being one of them.  I agree with this post, hopefully next up will be Celtics classics.

I'd love to watch the full game in LA when Antoine banked the 3 ball for the win and Kobe's shot at the buzzer got called off.  That was a great win in a very entertaining season.

well the red sox own NESN, if the C's owned CSN it'd be amazing. hell maybe they could even have the channel broadcast in that elusive "HIGH DEF"

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 07:30:17 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
its bee touched on already, but nesn is locally owned and covers local teams.  csn, although they have it broken into regions, is a national network.  they have time slots  to cover local teams and game coverages for the celts, but other than that, they are under a national coverage format.