Author Topic: Giddens has monster line in OT loss  (Read 16643 times)

Giddens has monster line in OT loss
« on: December 02, 2008, 05:40:11 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
http://www.nba.com/dleague/games/boxscore.jsp?gameId=2020800017

34 points on 11-for-15 shooting, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 steal and 5 blocks!

Walker had a bad game with 6 fouls, 6 turnovers and 0-for-5 from downtown.

Re: Giddens has monster line in OT loss
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 07:39:25 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I so excited about those young guns, can't wait to see them play garbage time for the C's :D
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:54:47 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Impressive box score line, indeed.

Someone should create a "rookies in the D-League watch" thread, there was one last season for Pruitt.

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 08:58:16 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I said in a previous thread about a week ago, that unlike most posters here, I think Giddens could end up being the better player.  I liked him better than Walker when we drafted them.  Great to see that he's playing well. 

Any bets on which guy gets called up first?  People thought it would be Walker, but if Giddens keeps outplaying him, he could be called up first.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:58:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It seems that Giddens might really dominate that league. But isn't that what first round picks are supposed to do in the NBDL? At least that's what Don Nelson thinks.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 09:06:50 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
It seems that Giddens might really dominate that league. But isn't that what first round picks are supposed to do in the NBDL? At least that's what Don Nelson thinks.

Gerald Green didn't dominate when he was in the Dleague.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:12:13 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

So maybe that means he shouldn't have been a first round pick, sorta like Patrick O'Bryant. Maybe, Nelson has a point. If you can't dominate the NBDL when you are a first round draft pick then obviously the pick was a mistake in the first place. That's what he felt about POB and maybe he's right.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 09:37:27 AM »

Offline MrBlonde

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 2
I saw the first game in Austin.  Giddens looked ok but his outside shot is not pretty. He needs to improve his mid-range game and make that the focus of his offense. Walker had a good game shooting but it was disappointing that he didn't go inside much.  His 3-point shot has improved and looked very good. However, he rarely drove to the basket and just stayed on the perimeter all game. It is also a little concerning that he seems to walk with a limp. He just doesn't look 100%. It might just be an issue of some residual soreness and getting full confidence back in the knee. 

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 09:42:44 AM »

Offline Birdbrain

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • 36 charges and counting..
Yeah cause Don Nelson has such a great track record with big men...
Little Fockers 1.5/10
Gulliver's Travels 1/10
Grown Ups -20/10
Tron Legacy 6.5/10

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 10:07:29 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I said in a previous thread about a week ago, that unlike most posters here, I think Giddens could end up being the better player.  I liked him better than Walker when we drafted them.  Great to see that he's playing well. 

Any bets on which guy gets called up first?  People thought it would be Walker, but if Giddens keeps outplaying him, he could be called up first.

I still think Walker will ultimately be the better player, but I have thought all along that Giddens may be the one getting more playing time this year.  He looked like a deer in headlights in the preseason, but overall, his game is much more developed than Walker's (not surprising, since he has about 3 years on him). 

I think Walker is going to be taking a longer development path.  He has the tools and the attitude to be a hell of a player, but he really needs to develop his perimeter game a lot more before he is contributing in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

So maybe that means he shouldn't have been a first round pick, sorta like Patrick O'Bryant. Maybe, Nelson has a point. If you can't dominate the NBDL when you are a first round draft pick then obviously the pick was a mistake in the first place. That's what he felt about POB and maybe he's right.

i think we both got this is the point nick
its just GG bashing is always fun!! I know I know how can I...how can I..... :P
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 10:13:18 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Yeah cause Don Nelson has such a great track record with big men...
Bob Lanier, Alton Lister, Dirk Nowitzki, and Andris Biedrins have all had tons of success under Nelson for many years. He also took freaks like Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley and made them at least productive. He isn't the best guy with a track record of big man success but he is a lot better than some give him credit for. In his offense the big man isn't the center of the offense but he is the center of his defense.

Those Milwaukee centers of Liston, Mokeski, and Lanier were tough dudes and worked extremely well with Marques Johnson to form a formidable inside force. How quickly we forget that it was Nelson who coached those amazing Bucks teams of the 80's and had a huge developmental hand in turning Dirk into what he is today.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 10:14:46 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

i think we both got this is the point nick
its just GG bashing is always fun!! I know I know how can I...how can I..... :P
LOL. I just responded and didn't even pay attention that it was you who I was responding to. I should have known that it was a tongue in cheek remark from you Edgar. LOL. Sorry.

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 10:37:03 AM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
It's clear to me: They will stay in the D-League until at least two of our 12-man group are out for one game.