Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 725785 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2009, 01:55:22 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I'vee been deliberating this for some time:

Rottweiler or Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

I now have my answer, and a possible name.

Do it.

« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2009, 06:36:28 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"

Do it.

I will. Soon.

« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2009, 10:23:55 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Do it.

I will. Soon.

bull terrier
Spud Mackenzie ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan

Tonight at dinner, I saw a man in his mid 30's feeding his severely handicapped son.  Father's Day was invented for men like him.

tp..SS, i met the Hoyts (most probably know but the father and son that run all the marathons despite the son having CP), when i was about 10 years old at a restaurant, and not to be corny it really affected me to this day and still inspires me

Be corny all you want and have a TP.

« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
deleting tracks from my Ipod to make room for new stuff...not ready for a new one yet

what size u rockin Redz?

But... Replies go here.
 ;)

« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2009, 11:43:06 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3779
  • Yup
deleting tracks from my Ipod to make room for new stuff...not ready for a new one yet

what size u rockin Redz?

80 gigs...There's a lot of stuff I never listen to on there, but can't bring myself to part with.  I have like 17,000 songs on my hard drive (and I lost about 5000 in the great crash of `07)...In another unfortunate deletion I lost all of my B's (Beatles, Ben Harper, Bob Dylan etc...)

But... Replies go here.
 ;)
Yup

« Reply #576 on: June 19, 2009, 12:03:19 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
OK guys, I call on you for some brainstorming.

My girlfriend leaves on Tuesday for the Summer and I'll go a little while without seeing her and will miss her dearly. So, I call on you for two things:

1 - Keep me company with as little trade proposals as possible so I wont be bored.

2 - Give me some ideas to do something nice for her before she goes.

Many thanks, maestro.

to address 1 - Celticsblog Poker night, lets make it happen!
#2 - just do something that shows you care and will miss her - keep it simple - do you cook well? make her a nice meal. Do you play music? write her a song.  Do you blog a lot?  Make her a screename (no wait, forget that one). But do something personal for her, that you know she'll like.

Get her a card too - and write something mushy - chicks dig cars with mushyness, shows you care

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

My girlfriend leaves on Tuesday for the Summer and I'll go a little while without seeing her and will miss her dearly. So, I call on you for two things:

1 - Keep me company with as little trade proposals as possible so I wont be bored.

Many thanks, maestro.

#2 - just do something that shows you care and will miss her - keep it simple - do you cook well? make her a nice meal. Do you play music? write her a song.  Do you blog a lot?  Make her a screename (no wait, forget that one). But do something personal for her, that you know she'll like.

Get her a card too - and write something mushy - chicks dig cars with mushyness, shows you care

I cooked last night and I'm saving the song/performance (either piano or guitar) for another time.

I was thinking a card or letter and taking her to a show but I might not have time for the show so it'll have to be something else.

TP for the help cdif (btw, you should've won the TP Pageant, daylight robbery).

« Reply #578 on: June 19, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »

Online bdm860

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 4599

Many thanks, maestro.

I cooked last night and I'm saving the song/performance (either piano or guitar) for another time.

I was thinking a card or letter and taking her to a show but I might not have time for the show so it'll have to be something else.

Personally I might do the card and letter.  I would give her the card up front, but keep it kind of brief, but then I'd also try and write her a long multi page letter, but sneak that in her bag or someplace where she'll find it later.  She's leaving, so if she has a bus/car/plane/boat ride that would be a perfect time to find the letter, espcially if you gave her a little nudge, "hey I know you're about to board your plane, but why don't you check the second pocket at the front of your bag real quick."

Or buy her a like a bracelet or earings, but be sure to put it in a ring box,  I hear girls love that.  ;D

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #579 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:22 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

Many thanks, maestro.

Personally I might do the card and letter.  I would give her the card up front, but keep it kind of brief, but then I'd also try and write her a long multi page letter, but sneak that in her bag or someplace where she'll find it later.  She's leaving, so if she has a bus/car/plane/boat ride that would be a perfect time to find the letter, espcially if you gave her a little nudge, "hey I know you're about to board your plane, but why don't you check the second pocket at the front of your bag real quick."

Or buy her a like a bracelet or earings, but be sure to put it in a ring box,  I hear girls love that.  ;D

Yeah I was gonna do that (letter) but I couldn't think of a place to put it where she'd definitely get it when on the flight.

Thanks bdm, TP for the input.

« Reply #580 on: June 19, 2009, 09:28:35 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Wasn't your response supposed to be in this thread Maestro?  :P  Gave you a TP anyways. Congrats.

« Reply #581 on: June 20, 2009, 08:17:42 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Wasn't your response supposed to be in this thread Maestro?  :P  Gave you a TP anyways. Congrats.

Haha. It was an indirect reply, smarty pants. TP back atcha, love the new sig.

« Reply #582 on: June 20, 2009, 09:45:51 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
I haven't seen the kids in 5 days, it's starting to wear on me.  I'll be home by midnight and tomorrow is going to be simply spectacular!

Enjoy tomorrow then, buddy. TP.

« Reply #583 on: June 20, 2009, 02:02:30 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • A Celtic Fan
A TP for he (or she) who figures out
why I'm posting this picture:

Well?

« Reply #584 on: June 20, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
A TP for he (or she) who figures out
why I'm posting this picture:

Well?

ACF has promised to wear tights today to honor his 900th Tommy Point (which I'm giving you). Please provide pics by Monday.  :-\ (*scared*)