Author Topic: TV: Prison Break  (Read 13006 times)

Re: TV: Prison Break
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:56 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
I thought Brian Scalibrine was pretty good as the new FBI agent character.

I don't know. I'm gonna have to see how they develop that character. Rapaport seems miscast in this role. I don't know if I see him as a leading Homeland Security Agent willing to break the rules to take down the Comapny, and having the kind of baddass presence necessary to make convincing threats to guys like Schofield and Burrows who have seen it all now. Burrows looks he could break him in two. By comparison Fichtner's character as Mahone in Season 2 was far more convincing.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 02:53:04 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
I thought Brian Scalibrine was pretty good as the new FBI agent character.

Lol... I was waiting for someone to make this comment. I certainly noticed the ressemblance.

Before the season started, I had my doubts about Michael Rapaport being added to the cast. I thought at the least he could bring a fun character. But so far, I think he's doing a good job playing a serious role.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 07:49:02 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Hate the fact the tattoos are gone.

Like Sara not being dead though, I always find her as eye candy, plus the romance was soppy yet welcoming for once.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 07:52:03 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
Anyone fans of the show? What did you think of the show's finale? I thought it was very fitting.

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 07:58:06 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
I didn't know that the show was getting cancelled so it came as a bit of a suprise.

I thought that they ended it well though. They had come so far since season 1 another season on the run would have ruined it in my opinion.

A great ending, but I have 1 question.

Wasn't the company supposed to have cured michael with that operation that forced lincoln to work for the general?

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 08:13:17 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I didn't know that the show was getting cancelled so it came as a bit of a suprise.

I thought that they ended it well though. They had come so far since season 1 another season on the run would have ruined it in my opinion.

A great ending, but I have 1 question.

Wasn't the company supposed to have cured michael with that operation that forced lincoln to work for the general?

There's a TV movie next week which is said to reveal what happened in the four years leading up to the final scene. I guess we'll find the answer to your question then.

I thought it was a very good and fitting end. Fitting for T-Bag, fitting for Kellerman and sadly, fitting for Michael.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
It was a pretty darn good series for what it was. I think originally it wasn't supposed to be longer than 2 seasons, but they played it out pretty long.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 09:13:14 AM »

Offline thebirdman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 31
The last few episodes where just stuffed together. Too much action for too few episodes. You could see they needed to end the show quickly...

If PB finished after one season it would be one of the best shows in TV history,  the following seasons just took away from its overall quality, IMO...

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 09:37:29 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
The last few episodes where just stuffed together. Too much action for too few episodes. You could see they needed to end the show quickly...

My feeling exactly ... (i have the same opinion about lost BTW)
One think bothered me though ... Too many "came from the dead"

But other than thar i enjoyed watching the show ... Especially the unbelievalbe first season.

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 05:01:17 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Prison Break Season 1 (like Lost Season 1) is one of the best ever story telling on television ever.

It trounces Season 1 of Heroes.

But because it was so good and the ratings were pretty high back then that Fox had to go ahead and play it out more.

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 10:31:05 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1820
I just watched the final 8 or so episodes. Good stuff. This season, although not great, was much improved over season 2 and 3. I really liked the ending too, especially with the 4 years after bit.

I'll try to watch the movie tonight and see what happened. If not mistaken it has to do with the consequences of Sara killing the mother.

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
What movie?

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979
I would like to know what movie as well. I could not find anything about a movie on the website.

Overall, I enjoyed Prison Break, especially when they were actually in a prison! I was confused by the ending though as I did remember the company saved Michael in an operation.

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 11:56:42 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
I would like to know what movie as well. I could not find anything about a movie on the website.

Overall, I enjoyed Prison Break, especially when they were actually in a prison! I was confused by the ending though as I did remember the company saved Michael in an operation.

I think the moral of the story is to never trust the bad guys. They must have just delayed the inevitable. I mean, Kranz was doing anything he could to kill Michael. So the procedure would have been pointless if he was going to kill him anyway.

The movie was good. That's all I'll say without giving too much away.

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 979
I guess the made a movie. I found a link and it also says it is being shown on UK channel tonight. I guess this means there is probably a torrent somewhere online.

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/971/971979p1.html

Just found link, it will be on tonight in HD and you can watch online for free on uk site tomorrow after it airs.

http://sky1.sky.com/prison-break-sneak-peek-pics-from-the-new-episode
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 12:14:45 PM by BringToughnessBack »