Author Topic: It's the East! Celtic fans!  (Read 2421 times)

It's the East! Celtic fans!
« on: August 18, 2008, 01:27:08 AM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
I know everyone is still talking about a free agent. Im there with all of you. If for some reason we don't sign anyone. The C's are in the East with the same teams,and we are a year better with expierence. Lost a great 6th man,but im sure Danny will get a ok player who can score.We need a player who can score.The defense is team defense. Not built on a singal player.Not a big we have 3 off the bench. We need a wing.
We are in the East. Philly got Brand,but that is not good enough.He only took the Clippers to the playoffs once.

Re: It's the East! Celtic fans!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 01:49:12 AM »

Offline JR Giddens

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Yeah but teams like Cleveland and Laker(with Bynum) have a lot of size. Kevin Ganrett is the only 7 footer we have. Perk is 6'9 and Powe is 6'8 and Big baby is only 6'7 at best. Patrick O'Braynt is 7 feet but he's unproven. If Perkins or Garnett gets injured we could be in serious trouble because our interior defense and rebounding will go right out the window. We need a center like PJ Brown or Scott Pollard to fill that void. However if Patrick O'Bryant can become good next year then we don't have to sign anybody right now.

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 03:32:27 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
Yeah but teams like Cleveland and Laker(with Bynum) have a lot of size. Kevin Ganrett is the only 7 footer we have. Perk is 6'9 and Powe is 6'8 and Big baby is only 6'7 at best. Patrick O'Braynt is 7 feet but he's unproven. If Perkins or Garnett gets injured we could be in serious trouble because our interior defense and rebounding will go right out the window. We need a center like PJ Brown or Scott Pollard to fill that void. However if Patrick O'Bryant can become good next year then we don't have to sign anybody right now.

im with u about cleveland and the lakers, i would even be kinda worried about philly.
our team does lack size, but if KG gets injured (god i hope not) our team is in trouble no matter what, im sure every team sais that, if their star goes down they are in trouble.
but i do have some hope that O'bryant will fit into our system and be a legit back up center.
i dont think Danny will make any big man signing until he sees how this kid plays at the begining of the season, if it doesnt work out, then he will make a move later on in the season

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:09:23 PM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Do see your guys point.We do need a big. The 1st priorty for me is to get a player who can scorer. Bigs are easier to get.