Author Topic: 2008 CelticsBlog draft board.  (Read 818691 times)

Re: 2008 CelticsBlog draft board.
« Reply #3225 on: August 22, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #3226 on: August 22, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

He looks to have added some muscle since that picture..maybe I'm just seeing things

The photo is from a year ago, at the FIBA Asia championship.

So everyone knows, Ehadadi is #15 in the picture (far right).

Okay that's what I thought but then I saw the other tall dude I'm like no that guys to short..so who's #11..he's gotta be like 7'4ish. and sorry I'm not everyone  ::)

Sorry if my post sounded a little snippy, Scribbles, didn't mean it to be.

I figured people would assume Ehadadi was the guy in the middle; I had to do a double-take myself, when I saw that the photo Hobbs posted didn't match the one in the article I had just read.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3227 on: August 22, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
After reviewing Detroit's roster I'd like a mulligan for saying they should win the "win now Cat"

Thank you.

Yeah, I think they're certainly a contender, but it shouldn't be a runaway vote, by any means.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #3228 on: August 22, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

He looks to have added some muscle since that picture..maybe I'm just seeing things

The photo is from a year ago, at the FIBA Asia championship.

So everyone knows, Ehadadi is #15 in the picture (far right).

Okay that's what I thought but then I saw the other tall dude I'm like no that guys to short..so who's #11..he's gotta be like 7'4ish. and sorry I'm not everyone  ::)

Sorry if my post sounded a little snippy, Scribbles, didn't mean it to be.

I figured people would assume Ehadadi was the guy in the middle; I had to do a double-take myself, when I saw that the photo Hobbs posted didn't match the one in the article I had just read.

Haha no its cool I'm just giving you a hard time.  That's what the eye roll was for..maybe the wink one would have been better.  I'll be the first to admit I don't follow FIBA asia and when I saw Iran play in the olympics he was the tallest guy on the team so I just presummed it was him.  No hard feelings man. 

« Reply #3229 on: August 22, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I want this dude!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOKnw6p1qC0

That music has to be a joke.  It's almost as good as the Biedrins' highlights set to Journey's Any Way You Want It.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #3230 on: August 22, 2008, 05:08:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
With the last pick of the draft, the Atlanta Hawks select Hamed Ehadadi.

Edgar is going to be mad!

Yup I call shotgun on him  >:(

But I dont care i have the perfect replacement for him

Edgar and Mavs with the last pick of the draft get

THE IRANIAN STOPPER
THE NIGHTMARE

Former No. 1 pick of the NBA
and Former Boston Celtic
THE KANDI MAN!!!!!!!

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #3231 on: August 22, 2008, 05:13:07 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Blount and Kandi. Are the Mavs trying to collect all the lousy Celtics bigs of the past few years? Is Vin Baker next? ;D

« Reply #3232 on: August 22, 2008, 05:26:50 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
Blount and Kandi. Are the Mavs trying to collect all the lousy Celtics bigs of the past few years? Is Vin Baker next? ;D

No, they're going after all the lousy ex-Wolves bigs.  Rasho is their main trade target.  And Dean Garret is coming out of retirement.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #3233 on: August 22, 2008, 05:30:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

No, they're going after all the lousy ex-Wolves bigs.  Rasho is their main trade target.  And Dean Garret is coming out of retirement.

And they'll all buy a house from Christian Laettner.

« Reply #3234 on: August 22, 2008, 05:49:06 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Rumor has it that there has been a 6-player deal submitted to the Comissioner's Office for approval and involves at least one of the Eastern Conference's top contenders....

Details to follow...
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #3235 on: August 22, 2008, 05:59:44 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
The league has approved the following trade:

ORL sends -- Delonte West, Joakim Noah, Dorell Wright and Jared Dudley

WAS sends -- Rodney Stuckey and Sebastian Telfair

« Reply #3236 on: August 22, 2008, 06:05:44 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Orlando wins imo.

« Reply #3237 on: August 22, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Orlando wins imo.

It's close.  I think Stuckey is probably going to be the best player in the deal, but it's not for certain. 

I think this is a deal that works for both teams.

« Reply #3238 on: August 22, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3774
  • Yup
Gentle team owners,

I have been pecking away at updating the rosters on the rosters page

http://www.celticsblog.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=64&topic=21821.msg352073#msg352073

If you haven't already please post your current roster there.

Please use the following format:

Cleveland Cavaliers - Dwyane Wade, Manu Ginobli, Louis Williams, Josh Boone, Hakim Warrick, Nick Collison, Jamal Tinsley, Mikki Moore, Luther Head, Desmond Mason, Javaris Crittenton, Bobby Simmons, Wilson Chandler, Serge Ibaka, Shan Foster

If you have made updates since a mod has marked it updated please edit out the mark so we know it needs to be updated.

If you have used a format other than the one above, please redo it.

Thanks

Yup

« Reply #3239 on: August 22, 2008, 06:35:05 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
Orlando wins imo.

It's close.  I think Stuckey is probably going to be the best player in the deal, but it's not for certain. 

I think this is a deal that works for both teams.

ORLANDO  --  Gainesville Celtic, the GM of the fake Orlando Magics, held a press conference today wearing a 2007-08 Boston Celtics Commemorative rain slicker as he talked about the Magics' latest addition in the midst of Tropical Storm Faye. The Slicker had been hand altered to read "UBUNTU Y'ALL!" across the back. This is the rallying cry of the 2008-09 fake ORLANDO MAGICS

"We're very pleased to announce that we've acquired Rodney Stuckey and Sebastian Telfair from the Washington Wizards. We think that Stuckey may be the final piece in what we hope is a run for the 2008-09 NBA Title.  Like our other trades we think this move is about equal in terms of talent in/out, but also like our other trades it's all about fit. We have nothing but good things to say about Delonte West but ever since acquiring Chauncey Billups we've been looking for a shooting guard that we could pair with Mr. Big Shot in the backcourt -- we think we've found him.

"In Danny Granger & Rodney Stuckey, we think we have as good an under-25, two-way tandem as there is in the fake NBA today. Watching Stuckey in the ECF against the Boston Celtics really sold us on this kid.  He's a bulldog.  We think the comparisons to Dwayne Wade are a bit premature, but he's clearly ready to start on an NBA team.  And with 3 veterans around him and Granger in Billups, Duncan and Miller, we think we've answered the final question about our team".

"Delonte West is a great, funny young man with lots of cool tatoos, but we think that Stuckey gives us a better chance of matching up with the Maggettes, the Redds, and Vince Carters of the Eastern Conference.  And Sebastian Telfair significantly upgrades us at the backup 1 position. Telfair may have come into the league severely overhyped, but showed last year that he is a very solid backup/spot starter.  We think that he'll learn a lot going up against Billups in practice.

"Did we overpay? Well I don't know... Because we did our homework in the draft we had 19 guys that we felt really comfortable in suiting up, so we were gonna have to pare some of them down one way or another.  We had one other deal on the table that might have allowed us to keep Delonte, but we're happy with this deal. Joakim Noah is a winner, a progressive and a Gator, so there's lots to like right there.  But we've built up a good number of quality defensive bigs to backup Duncan and Miller in Adonal Foyle, David Harrison and Marcin Gortat (who will be backing up the real Dwight Howard with the real Magic this year). Dorell Wright is talented but also a little bit of a knucklehead.  We basically had very similar players in Matt Barnes and Jared Dudley. So we think this was the price of getting a starting-level SG.

"Let me conclude by saying that KCattheStripe is a class GM and we wish the Wizards well.  And we could very well be seeing them in the first round of the playoffs after this trade, combined with Atlanta's blunder this afternoon. Sorry Lucky, but we were on the record before you made that trade as trying to warn you."

Gainesville Celtic concluded the press conference by reminding Magics fans to sign up for the Playoff Ticket Lottery that is open to all season ticket holders.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!