Author Topic: Curse of the Red Sox Memorabilia  (Read 1691 times)

Curse of the Red Sox Memorabilia
« on: July 26, 2008, 10:57:10 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 982
After the Red Sox won the World Series in 2004, my wife got me a ton of memorabilia. The best was a framed signed autograph picture of Big Papi. This is hanging on my wall in front of my desk.

The next gift was 3 bobbleheads of 3 Stars....Pedro Martinez...Curt Schilling and Manny Ramirez....Here comes the strange...Pedro, as we all remember was let loose to go sign with the Mets(luckily for us)....

Late last year in December, one of my bobbleheads had there arm fall off..guess who..Mr. Curt Schilling...I was bummed..how could the arm fall off...My wife glued it back on but I was still bummed..then the surgery happens this year and of course we all know the rest...Maybe it was a voodoo bobblehead secretly created by an evil group of Yankee fans who practice witchcraft...Who knows..I believe it is possible..never underestimate the desperation of Yankee fan who has yet to win a World Series in this decade...

Now, the last bobblehead is Manny...Last week, our cleaning lady cleaned my mantle and actually touched the bobbleheads..I come into my room to find Manny Ramirez bobblehead no longer facing me..he now had his back turned to me...I thought that was a bit odd..I didnt move it back because I thought it was funny....We know what is going on right now..the writing is on the wall...I am starting to wonder if he will even make it out of July with the Sox. The Mets sound like a perfect destination for him..but I am bummed at the possibility of losing a huge hole in our lineup and wonder who Theo will try and replace him with. Manny Bobblehead back turned to me- Manny discontent..coincidence..I think not..maybe my cleaning lady is part of that Yankee witchcraft cult..although she is from Romania..hmmm...Romania..isn't that where Dracula is from or is that Transylvania..oh..never mind...

Never buy bobbleheads of your favorite players after they win it all...that is what I learned from this experience...bad things will happen to those players eventually...Also, do a thorough background check of your cleaning person..make absolute sure they do not touch your mantle and have no Yankee bloodlines....Use a polygraph if needed...

Now, back to the Papi picture...lately, it has started to tilt a bit to the left and I keep needing to straighten it out..If I ever wake up and find it on the floor..I will know that our days of Big Papi have come to a close..lets hope the picture was not the same company that sent me those [dang] bobbleheads! I am thinking of bolting it into my wall as well..for added protection...I would like to keep one of our heroes on our team until the end and out of all the players I have memorabilia of, he would be the one I would not want to lose. Maybe I will install a hidden camera in my room..to make sure my cleaning person does not tinker with it...Big Brother will be watching....

Re: Curse of the Red Sox Memorabilia
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 12:05:01 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Hmm...  you need to take that Manny bobblehead to Cooperstown, or get him a good massage, or bring him to a therapist.  Or at least, sit him down and try to reason with him.  Perhaps get him a David Ortiz bobblehead to keep him company?

Oh, yeah, and promise him you'll pick up his  $20 million bobblehead option.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 12:38:01 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Quick! Go buy a Hanley Ramirez bobblehead doll and throw a Sox jersey on it!

Maybe the Marlins will trade him back to us.

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 01:07:33 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I'd say this is a pretty legitimate theory lol

I got my David Ortiz bobblehead this summer and he hurts his wrist... And last time Delonte West and Jameer Nelson were in the Garden together I got both of their autographs on a ball... Now Delonte is a Cav and Jameer Nelson just looks worse and worse  :-\