Author Topic: Celtics Stuff Live! Sun. W/Jessica Camerato. 8-10:00PM.  (Read 2187 times)

Celtics Stuff Live! Sun. W/Jessica Camerato. 8-10:00PM.
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:20:13 PM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
As the weather turns toward the hot and steamy, Celtic fans are lamenting the loss of the team's 6th man; emotional leader and clutch performer James Posey and are concerned, once again, with Ainge's search for backups at the point guard and center position.

There are lots of serious options available and even some not so serious..... or has Jon Duke lost his marbles ?

After completely flaming out in New York thanks to Isiah’s steady hand, Marbury will likely be bought out this summer and available. I see Marbury as the type of player who is certifiably crazy, but will be brought into line with legitimate veteran leaders at the top of the food chain. Not to mention that Marbury will likely be paid handsomely in his buyout, so he and his prospective team can sign him for a pittance and take a flyer on his ability. He would never be the Celtics’ starting PG, but he could be a fine two guard opposite Rondo at times and leading the second unit at others.

Aside from Marbury's brilliant television interviews , his best work last season may have been from the back seat of his car.

I'm sure you all remember Stephon's reaction to accepting a back up role with the Knicks. Here's the story from "Slam Online. "

According to mulitple outlets, Stephon Marbury didn’t show up at Knicks shootaround this morning. The Post says Steph left to go home. The Daily News says Steph was upset about his role allegedly being reduced.

Isiah Thomas said, “We hope he’s at the game,” not exactly a persuasive argument that the Knicks are on top of this situation.

Why Jon thinks anything about this/his character will change, or that Kevin Garnette will forgive him for bailing on him and the promising team in Minnesota because "Steph" was longer the top salaried player, is a mystery to me, but I'm sure we will press Mr. Duke on the issue. Innocent

Our guest this week will be the hard working and always sensible reporter; Jessica Camerato of Hoopsworld.com.

Jessica has been swinging with the high lifers in Vegas for the last week, at the summer league event. As there are no Boston beat reporters on the scene, we are very lucky to have Jessica to fill us in on the rumors/free agent action and on those players "on the way up."

Check out her interview with the suddenly "red hot" Peterri Koponen.

Jessica has also been following the Celtics roster challenges and offers this list of possible options, in her column of July 17th , which  includes a favorite of mine: Michael Finley.

If the Celtics want playoff experience, Finley is their man. The 13-year veteran has already won a title and is known for making big shots when it counts. Finley has thrived coming off the bench and, at 35 years old, does not need to be "the man" in order to succeed. He could be that selfless player the Celtics are looking for.

If you want to participate in the show you can call our toll free number (1.866.751.9649), send us an e-mail to CSL@CelticsBlog.com, or join us in the “Pit” (the chat) during the broadcast.

We hope you will join us.
JB - "Yes Indeed!"

Re: Celtics Stuff Live! Sun. W/Jessica Camerato. 8-10:00PM.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 12:10:09 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
She works for Hoopsworld, right?  Can somebody ask her why Bill Ingram gets away with making up blatant lies, and trying to pass them off as news?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 12:31:34 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
She works for Hoopsworld, right?  Can somebody ask her why Bill Ingram gets away with making up blatant lies, and trying to pass them off as news?

Unlike JB, who makes no bones about his dementia driven fantasies?  ;D

Seriously Hobbs...can you be more specific? I doubt we'll get a satisfactory answer, but it might be worth asking.... inb some sort of tactful manner..... hm.. we'd better get Justin to ask her.  :-X
JB - "Yes Indeed!"

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 12:45:25 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Unlike JB, who makes no bones about his dementia driven fantasies?  ;D

Seriously Hobbs...can you be more specific? I doubt we'll get a satisfactory answer, but it might be worth asking.... inb some sort of tactful manner..... hm.. we'd better get Justin to ask her.  :-X

Ingram reported that Posey to Boston was going to be done within 24 hours.  He reported that Maggette had chosen San Antonio and was going to sign there.  Those were both blatantly false. 

He also reported that Boston tried to get Artest by including Posey in a sign-and-trade, which doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense for either Sacramento or Posey.  I can't call that one a lie, but it certainly sounds like one.

====================================

James Posey is expected to announce that he'll re-sign with the Boston Celtics in the next 24 hours

Link.

According to multiple reports this morning Maggette will, indeed, wind up in the Texas Triangle, and he could very well turn out to be the piece that gets his new team a championship. If all goes according to plan, Maggette will finally join the San Antonio Spurs, who were very much in love with him a couple of seasons ago when his last contract came up.

Link.

The Boston Celtics offered up a James Posey sign-and-trade to land Artest, but obviously that's not going to happen.

Link.

I know he also reported that Detroit was going to sign C.J. Miles to an offer sheet.  I'm sure there have been other false stories.  Does he get anything right?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 06:46:41 AM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
Does he get anything right?

Interesting..... Again, I'm not sure what Jessica (or anyone except Ingram himself) can say about this, but perhaps I can fit in a reference; as in how much Jessica is being missed after leaving the Celtics beat and this is WHY.  ::)
JB - "Yes Indeed!"

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 08:57:34 PM »

Offline JB_Celticsstuff

• Author
  • Brad Stevens
I did get to bring up those "predictions" and she swears (the proverbial "league source")the sign and trade for Artest was proposed.
JB - "Yes Indeed!"