Author Topic: Gender and Celtics blog  (Read 12563 times)

Re: Gender and Celtics blog
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11862
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
    We are all die hard Celtics fans and that is what counts. 

Amen to that!

Do you have any ideas why females are less likely to be a part of a blog like this?  You obviously contribute and contribute well.

I don't think it is a matter that females aren't likely to be part of a blog but more that females aren't likely to be Sports fans.  It is a realm mostly occupied by males.  I got involved in sports in high school and realized early that defense was important and became a big fan of Bill Russell and that is how I started following the Celtics.  On the whole, there are a lot more male sports fans than female.   

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
who cares?!  whats important is supporting the team.  whats next, age and celticsblog, followed by ethnicity and celticsblog, followed by sexual oreintation and celticsblog, followed by class and celticsblog, etc.

no disrespect to the OP at all. 

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
who cares?!  whats important is supporting the team.  whats next, age and celticsblog, followed by ethnicity and celticsblog, followed by sexual oreintation and celticsblog, followed by class and celticsblog, etc.

I was thinking red heads and CelticsBlog. 

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 12:07:08 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

The female redheads should send me a PM. ;)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

The female redheads should send me a PM. ;)

The PM is on it's way.   ;D

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Oh, man, that last one had me audibly laughing, which isn't good since I'm in the library at work "researching".

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I really enjoy the contributions and perspectives of some of the more active female members, and FlCeltsFan deserves a special shout out for compiling that excellent Celtics links list every day. 

The first time I read that, I read it as "some of the more attractive female members".  While I'm sure that's a sentiment that many men would agree with, I was puzzled as to how you knew how attractive the women on here were. ;)

Yes Roy, the beauty of these forums is that I could be typing upside down hanging from trapeze and actually look like the picture below and no one would be the wiser:

are you implying you don't look like that redz?

part of the appeal of your posts was that i assumed they were being posted by a potntialy homicidal clown moving from town to town on the circus trail.

your breaking the fourth wall! ;D

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 12:33:52 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Oh, man, that last one had me audibly laughing, which isn't good since I'm in the library at work "researching".

Online dating at work?

You are just not setting a good example for the rest of us.  You are suppose to be a role model. 

just wait until the media gets word of this. 

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3781
  • Yup

I really enjoy the contributions and perspectives of some of the more active female members, and FlCeltsFan deserves a special shout out for compiling that excellent Celtics links list every day. 

The first time I read that, I read it as "some of the more attractive female members".  While I'm sure that's a sentiment that many men would agree with, I was puzzled as to how you knew how attractive the women on here were. ;)

Yes Roy, the beauty of these forums is that I could be typing upside down hanging from trapeze and actually look like the picture below and no one would be the wiser:

are you implying you don't look like that redz?

part of the appeal of your posts was that i assumed they were being posted by a potntialy homicidal clown moving from town to town on the circus trail.

your breaking the fourth wall! ;D

No, it's a pretty accurate depiction  ;) When I take off the makeup I look like this:

Yup

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 12:51:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't be silly.  Everyone knows that there are no girls on the internets.

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural

Online dating at work?

Hmm...  better than *actual* dating at work. 

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »

Offline SShoreFan 2.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 201
All that matters is being a Celtic Fan. TP, to you FL, for all the great contributions you make to this site.

Wait a minute, don't go heaping the TP's on FL, he just walked away with all those TPs from the pageant while the rest of us were left sulking!!!

:D
I love my kids, call me a sap - it's true.

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2008, 01:28:12 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

actually thats kind of interesting to see other demographics - I'm very interested in social behavior, and there's definitely certain types of people that gravitate towards blogs, especially sports ones - If I had to guess, and I could be very very wrong, I'd say the majority of this board is white males in their mid 20s to mid 30s
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2008, 01:36:05 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
i've always wondered about gender on here. i figured 99.9% of members were male. that i know of only flceltsfan is female. honestly can't think of anyone i've conversed with that may be female - sorry if you are :-\.

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
i've always wondered about gender on here. i figured 99.9% of members were male. that i know of only flceltsfan is female. honestly can't think of anyone i've conversed with that may be female - sorry if you are :-\.

Did that come out wrong? Sorry if you are - you mean if you mistook someone to be male who is female? not sorry if you're female...am I right?
When you love life, life loves you right back