Author Topic: From Then to Now...A Celtics Tale  (Read 1110 times)

From Then to Now...A Celtics Tale
« on: June 14, 2008, 07:56:36 PM »

Offline reese45

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 4
With a 100 degrees in the Garden and Larry Bird lying on his stomach on the baseline next to the Celtics bench to keep his back from tightening up.  Joy and Sadness ran through the hearts of every Celtic fan and probably every NBA fan, as the world said goodbye to a legend.  A career for the ages.  A Decade of unforgetable moments.  It was like Nate King Cole was singing his famous song to us as we watched him walk off the floor never to dawn a Celtics Jersey again.  Almost 15 years later, we are filled with the same feelings of joy once again.  Paul Pierce running out of the tunnel back onto the court and finishing a game we all figured he would never see.  A team came together.   No standouts, no selfishness, no sadness.  June 2008 has become a gift from the Basketball heavens, from the Celtics who have past.  We have gotten one more ticket to a ride that seems will never end.  The launching of a three point shot from the corner sits in mid flight almost taunting us...we lean back wherever we are..guiding the spin of the leather ball into the hoop.  We cheer with passion as the sweat from the Celtics jersey propels us along the floor to loose balls.  The sound of KG's hands slapping the court as he ready's himself for a defensive stop.  After the lights comeback on and the smoke clears, he throws a sign to his Celtic faithful, saying to us silently.   We got this one.  It has been proven that expectations and Vegas Odd's are not what makes a Champion, but rather, it's the heart of the individuals, who have come together to play for a common goal which does.  Regardless of another Banner in the Garden, or a ring on the finger, we all can be proud to call ourselves Celtics.  So as Larry walks off in our memories over and over, in walked a Forward from Kansas.  A 6'7'' bulky shooter who never gave up.  Who never said I wanna leave.  The scars from the stabbing he indured early in his years in Boston still remain on his Celtic frame.  Again I hold my breathe, clapping, hoping we never forget the careers of the great men who came to show us anything is possible.  With love and hope I salute you Paul Pierce, you are the very definition to me what a man, a brother, a leader, and a legend should be made of. 

Sometimes in life the greatest moments are those in which we are physically apart of, and for the fans, this is our time to celebrate with our warriors.  Bleed Green

-Reese45