Author Topic: Hats off to Danny  (Read 5082 times)

Re: Hats off to Danny
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Not only he assembled a championship team; he assembled a true Celtics team. They work hard, take punches, keep working harder, no off-court problems and they play like a team.

Thanks Danny.

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Not to belabour a point, but Danny has done a masterful job of assembling this championship calibre team.  He brought the culture of winning back.  He brought the role players in who fit, and left the ones on the sideline that didn't (stoudamire anyone?). He showed confidence in his coaching staff when many didn't.  And as many have said, he's out there making sure next year is a repeat performance - its not about winning 1 title, its about restoring the dynasty. 

P.S. McHale deserves co-exec of the year for giving us KG  :)

I think McHale got a lot for KG. Big Al is a beast, Gomes is a legit starter, and Bassy is a good backup pg. Also they go cap relief with Theo and 2 1st round picks. If those picks end up being good to great players, McHale will look like a genius.

As a side note, I also think they gave up on Gerald too quickly. Instead of cutting him, I'd of sent him to the NBDL and let him develop some more. :-\

The only exec that gave away a top player was Chris Wallace. May he rot in Memphis.

You don't think Big AL is a top player?
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Not to belabour a point, but Danny has done a masterful job of assembling this championship calibre team.  He brought the culture of winning back.  He brought the role players in who fit, and left the ones on the sideline that didn't (stoudamire anyone?). He showed confidence in his coaching staff when many didn't.  And as many have said, he's out there making sure next year is a repeat performance - its not about winning 1 title, its about restoring the dynasty. 

P.S. McHale deserves co-exec of the year for giving us KG  :)

I think McHale got a lot for KG. Big Al is a beast, Gomes is a legit starter, and Bassy is a good backup pg. Also they go cap relief with Theo and 2 1st round picks. If those picks end up being good to great players, McHale will look like a genius.

As a side note, I also think they gave up on Gerald too quickly. Instead of cutting him, I'd of sent him to the NBDL and let him develop some more. :-\

The only exec that gave away a top player was Chris Wallace. May he rot in Memphis.

You don't think Big AL is a top player?

I meant gave away as in he gave away Gasol for nothing. Mchale got something back. I was trying to support your post. I can see how it could be misinterpreted.