Author Topic: Game Two....  (Read 1506 times)

Game Two....
« on: May 22, 2008, 11:33:04 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Even a shred of defense would have gotten it done. We would've won by 10. The pistons scored on every possession from midway thru the 2nd quarter to about the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Are you kidding? Most of the time, they were just shooting freethrows, too. They didn't go to the hoop that much. They just got TA, Rondo, RAy and everyone else up in the air and drew fouls on jumpshots. It was appalling.

Not to mention rondo playing like trash the whole game, save for  2 or 3 good plays. THe was guarding Billups on that inbounds play, I believe (the one that sealed it for the pistons, remember?). That was atrocious. If you're not going to focus with 25 secs on the clock, when ARE you going to? Ditto for Ray Allen (who I though played well on both ends, but still made a critical mistake) not boxing out Tayshaun Prince with a minute forty to go. It was an unfocused and lazy game on the defensive end. I've never seen so many "on the floor" fouls.

C's played great on the offensive end (Except for Rondo, who bled the clock down every time and was reluctant to shoot) but failed to even begin to D up. Sad sad loss, because with a little hustle and consistency, the C's could have taken this game with ease. Now, I'd say we are three or four times as likely to lose this series. Fantastic.