Author Topic: continuation? really?  (Read 2849 times)

continuation? really?
« on: May 16, 2008, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Anybody see the call Derek Fisher got a few mins ago (my computer is playing the "IP posted in 90 seconds" game with me) in Utah?  Wrapped up at the foul line.  Two steps.  Lay-in.  Count the bucket and the foul.

Jerry Sloan's face almost fell off.

Only in the NBA.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

Re: continuation? really?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 11:53:17 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 618
how did the crew that officiated the win in cleveland make it out there so fast?
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:20 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
how did the crew that officiated the win in cleveland make it out there so fast?

Thanks for a laugh on a frustrating night, angryguy.  Well played, sir.

The ridiculous part is that "by the book," the Fisher call may well have been the correct one.  Yeesh.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:54 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Are the Lakers really winning because they deserve to or is it because they have the big superstar Kobe and the refs are calling it in their favor? Probably Lakers are deserving because Utah is behind by more then a few points but there is always a doubt imo. This is my problem with the NBA the team that deserves to win does not always win esp. if their is one of the biggest stars of the game on one of the teams. They can't let the finals be Cavs vs. Lakers the refs would be confused as to who to let win.  ::)

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »

Offline galen

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 15
terrible is the only way to describe the officials work tonight

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 618
Are the Lakers really winning because they deserve to or is it because they have the big superstar Kobe and the refs are calling it in their favor? Probably Lakers are deserving because Utah is behind by more then a few points but there is always a doubt imo. This is my problem with the NBA the team that deserves to win does not always win esp. if their is one of the biggest stars of the game on one of the teams. They can't let the finals be Cavs vs. Lakers the refs would be confused as to who to let win.  ::)

It would be the first time that the finals ended in a draw
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:48 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Are the Lakers really winning because they deserve to or is it because they have the big superstar Kobe and the refs are calling it in their favor? Probably Lakers are deserving because Utah is behind by more then a few points but there is always a doubt imo. This is my problem with the NBA the team that deserves to win does not always win esp. if their is one of the biggest stars of the game on one of the teams. They can't let the finals be Cavs vs. Lakers the refs would be confused as to who to let win.  ::)

7 games series. Game 7 won by the team that wins the coin toss by Stern before he talks to the refs.