Author Topic: Jalen Rose is a disgrace/Worst NBA talking head.  (Read 7098 times)

Jalen Rose is a disgrace/Worst NBA talking head.
« on: May 16, 2008, 01:24:10 AM »

Offline AllstonCeltics

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 1
He's seriously pushing for the worst NBA personality. Not only is he incapable of his own coherent thought, but he can't even read the lines ESPN feeds him. It's unwatchable. Is he the worst, if not, who is... your thoughts. (Reggie Miller watch yourself!)

Re: Jalen Rose is a disgrace/Worst NBA talking head.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 07:16:35 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
I agree with you there,although Reggie Miller isnt far behind him...in defense of Jalen Rose, it could be he started his announcing career sitting beside the wrong guy most of the time.Usually he bounces off  Steven A.Smith(Steven A. would screw anyone up),especially someone fairly new to the game.I think Jalen picked the wrong place to start,plus he doesn't have the voice for it.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

Offline BuckeyeCelt

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 41
He's from m1ch1g@n, what do you expect?

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:33:01 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I'm surprised, he did a good job on FSN on the best [dang] sports show.
do it

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:35:21 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is pretty good when he is on the radio. 

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 09:52:13 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I can think of many other guys worse than him on ESPN. Many.

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 09:55:10 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He just said Utah has a better chance of beating the Lakers vs. the Cavs beating the Celtics.  (Mike and Mike)

See, he is good on the radio.

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:00:53 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Anyone remember when Tim Hardaway did it?  He was prob the worst.  I think he must've had terrible stage fright.  He'd start talking and then totally lose his train of thought to the point where the co-host would have to interject so Hardaway wouldn't keep stammering and stumbling.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »

Offline LA_33

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I love Jalen.  Refreshingly candid, knows the game well even if he's a bit of a SaS-style blowhard at times, and he'll still bust out a classic quote ever now and then even as an employee of a major media corporation. 

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 11:11:59 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Anyone remember when Tim Hardaway did it?  He was prob the worst.  I think he must've had terrible stage fright.  He'd start talking and then totally lose his train of thought to the point where the co-host would have to interject so Hardaway wouldn't keep stammering and stumbling.

Timmy was pretty bad, but as far as bad NBA personalities goes the list stops at Screamin A Smith. For someone with so much experience and so many connections, he seems to be unable to understand the most basic aspects of the NBA. Plus he is a 76ers fan, and manages to worm them into conversations they have no business being in, and he hates the Celtics.

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:31:48 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Sorry. Magic is by far the worst I have heard. He is a little better than that awful talk show, but not by much. He is a nice guy and a charismatic personality, but dumb as a fence post.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 11:39:15 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 608
You can't fault these guys. They all went to the Emmit Smith acadamy for broadcasting. At this school you learn how to look confused at all times, jumble words, and fall back on your playing days to make it look like you know what you are talking about.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 12:08:55 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Nobody is worse than Stephen A. Smith- what Jalen, Magic and the rest might lack in diction or the ability to manage a coherent thought, at least they A. have played hundreds of NBA games in the recent past, B. don't make "points" that are just thinly veiled excuses to rant and hog camera time, and C. Don't make my ears bleed from sheer volume and idiocy.  The most incredible thing I've ever seen Stephen A. do is make Bill Walton seem coherent, low-key, and knowledgeable when they were paired up earlier this year.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 12:33:13 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I miss Bill Walton on there. Sure he made some ridiculous comments, but he was entertaining. That's why I tune in...

I actually don't hear much of any of them anymore as I TIVO the game and fast forward through everything except the plays. I watch a game in about 40 min now and my wife is much happier! I even fast forward as they bring the ball up the floor until the get it into the play. Saves a ton of time!

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 04:51:38 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
On the other hand, my favorite new Talking Head is Jeff Van Gundy.  He says the kinds of things that you know make the TV executives cringe.  Love that.  And he is never afraid to call out the refs or offer up his crazy rule change ideas.