Utah in 5
0 (0%)
Utah in 6
3 (25%)
Utah in 7
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 06, 2008, 06:24:14 PM

Author Topic: L.A. Lakers vs Utah - Western Conference SemiFinals  (Read 15306 times)

Re: L.A. Lakers vs Utah - Western Conference SemiFinals
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 01:33:23 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Lakers did what they needed to .... isn't that the same spread as the C's game? Kobe gets into more "grooves" than anyone I've ever watched ... kinda scary at times. I think Utah will win game 6, though, and set up an awesome finale' for #7!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 03:30:03 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
To much Gasol for the Jazz..back to Utah for game 6!

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 04:51:22 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Lakers did what they needed to .... isn't that the same spread as the C's game? Kobe gets into more "grooves" than anyone I've ever watched ... kinda scary at times. I think Utah will win game 6, though, and set up an awesome finale' for #7!

Yep, ironically enough, both games opened with the home teams being favored by 8.5 points, and both won by seven.  Curious stuff...

...of course, as long as the Green's point total is greater than the opponent's, all other numbers are inconsequential, right?

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 11:40:25 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I don't want to make excuses for the jazz, but I thought there were some very questionable calls made by the officials. I site the play where Fisher is dribbling down the sideline, and loses the ball off his knee out of bounds. When this play happened the official on the other side of the court called a foul on Kirilenko. Also late in the fourth, the play where Odom drove down the lane and dunked it, Odom was not touched because I watched this play four times, yet a foul was called. And of course the play where Okur was pushed in the back which allowed Gasol to get the easy dunk which wrapped the game up late in the 4th quarter. I'm glad I am not a big Utah fan because I would be extremely underwhelmed by the officiating. I am not suggesting an LA conspiracy, but these games have to be officiated better. Not just Utah, LA, but all the play off games have had mediocre at best officiating.

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
i will use this chance to say that
other than Rondo
and thats basically because hes a Cs
Deron is my favorite PG in the league right now
wow did u saw that no look pass in the break behind an oponents back between two of them
hes a beast
Hope kirilenko have a great 6th defending kobe soo Bozzie on Gasol

didItolduihatelakers

saludos

Edgar
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2008, 11:54:42 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2435
My Lakers in 6 pick is looking safe right now. LA is up 19 points and they're playing brilliant basketball at both ends of the court. I can't see Kobe and Fisher letting this game slip away from here.

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2008, 12:01:43 AM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
My Lakers in 6 pick is looking safe right now. LA is up 19 points and they're playing brilliant basketball at both ends of the court. I can't see Kobe and Fisher letting this game slip away from here.

and the refs make 3

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2008, 01:26:58 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Utah showed some serious character in their game 6 loss. I haven't seen a team consistently fight like Utah did in quite some time. I hate that cliche "If you tried your hardest you have nothing to be ashamed of" But Utah really left it all out on the court in that last 4 minutes or so. Some of the most intense, and smart basketball I have seen in some time. If that cliche ever applies, it applies in that game 6. Great game by Utah. I was praying Williams was going to hit that 3. That really would have lifted my spirits after the Celtics loss...

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2008, 01:57:54 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Utah showed some serious character in their game 6 loss. I haven't seen a team consistently fight like Utah did in quite some time. I hate that cliche "If you tried your hardest you have nothing to be ashamed of" But Utah really left it all out on the court in that last 4 minutes or so. Some of the most intense, and smart basketball I have seen in some time. If that cliche ever applies, it applies in that game 6. Great game by Utah. I was praying Williams was going to hit that 3. That really would have lifted my spirits after the Celtics loss...

I agree (TP) ... that was some amazing tenacity and heart at the end of that game by Utah ... the epitome of "never say die". Really a shame that they didn't pull it out, or at least get it to overtime. Man, if you're a coach, that's precisely the way you want to end a season ... hanging on until your last breath. Great job, Jazz ... you can hold your heads high!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2008, 10:51:37 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
Stupid Lakers!

Imagine, a team winning a tough Game 6 on the road.

I'm almost ready to give them some credit for being decent.
Yup

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2008, 11:07:11 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
I agree with you here,i was hoping Deron hit that shot also,would have eased some of the pain of the C's losing earlier.Also,i agree with the statement of not seeing a team in awhile leaving it all out there,like this Utah Jazz team did last night.They brought back some old memories of pass when coaches new how to coach a team to a win in crucial clutch situations.Even though the Jazz lost this game,between Sloan's last minute coaching,and his team executing the plays,give me a new found respect for both,Sloan,and his team.

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2008, 11:08:07 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
I don't want to make excuses for the jazz, but I thought there were some very questionable calls made by the officials. I site the play where Fisher is dribbling down the sideline, and loses the ball off his knee out of bounds. When this play happened the official on the other side of the court called a foul on Kirilenko. Also late in the fourth, the play where Odom drove down the lane and dunked it, Odom was not touched because I watched this play four times, yet a foul was called. And of course the play where Okur was pushed in the back which allowed Gasol to get the easy dunk which wrapped the game up late in the 4th quarter. I'm glad I am not a big Utah fan because I would be extremely underwhelmed by the officiating. I am not suggesting an LA conspiracy, but these games have to be officiated better. Not just Utah, LA, but all the play off games have had mediocre at best officiating.

My thoughts exactly after how bad the Celtics-Cavs game went. The teams are at the mercy of the refs at times on what they decide to call.

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »

Offline Yakmanev

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 29
It's like this the league wants a Celtics Lakers Final but they want the Lakers to be more rested so they can win it. Hence the officiating.

Kobe wins his first MVP and gets the Shaqless Lakers past the historical Celtics and money is made and marketed all over Los Angeles a major media market.

In reality the Celtics foil all their plans because of their righteous and superior ways. And win the 17th title in a historical Game 7 in Boston.

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2008, 11:45:43 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3780
  • Yup
It's like this the league wants a Celtics Lakers Final but they want the Lakers to be more rested so they can win it. Hence the officiating.

Kobe wins his first MVP and gets the Shaqless Lakers past the historical Celtics and money is made and marketed all over Los Angeles a major media market.

In reality the Celtics foil all their plans because of their righteous and superior ways. And win the 17th title in a historical Game 7 in Boston.
A virtuoso Bruce Willis/Die Hard like performance.  I like it.

Bruce did have to get the crap kicked out of him a whole bunch before prevailing against the evil master planners though, didn't he?  Oh well, the ends justify the means.
Yup

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2008, 11:50:00 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
Now thats all said and done in Utah,i wonder what type fishing is in that part of the country?...im sure TNT will fill us in. ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 11:57:40 AM by jay_jay54 »