Author Topic: Karl Malone is the biggest sleaze bag in NBA history.  (Read 15192 times)

Re: Karl Malone is the biggest sleaze bag in NBA history.
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 12:50:33 AM »

Offline vibaciousb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
if this was Barry Bonds then you would never hear the end of it. I know you Redsox fans hate him but you have to admit he's been part of a witchhunt by everyone.

Roger Clemens story basically stopped going around. Why don't people go off on the fact that the country singer said there was nothing wrong with the article from the Daily News.

couldnt agree more, i think that cheating on your wife or sleazing on a minor is a lot worse of an offense than trying to get a competitive advantage. dont get me wrong, im not endorsing steroids, but on a moral level the former of the two is a lot lot worse

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 01:07:27 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
if this was Barry Bonds then you would never hear the end of it. I know you Redsox fans hate him but you have to admit he's been part of a witchhunt by everyone.

Roger Clemens story basically stopped going around. Why don't people go off on the fact that the country singer said there was nothing wrong with the article from the Daily News.

couldnt agree more, i think that cheating on your wife or sleazing on a minor is a lot worse of an offense than trying to get a competitive advantage. dont get me wrong, im not endorsing steroids, but on a moral level the former of the two is a lot lot worse
The wife stuff and the minor stuff is UNRELATED to baseball. Who cares!

What Malone did is completely irrelevant to basketball. Leave that for gossip columnists and evening news sensationalism.

Bonds -- a witchhunt? Completely nonsensical comment. Bonds got so much attention because he kept playing and passed a hallowed record after lying to congress. He also had his own TV show and always played the anti-hero, which was horrible PR and asking for trouble. If he were in the olympics, his medals would be stripped.

Personally, I don't really care about PEDs, but I also stopped caring about records and baseball history a long time ago.

Clemens is no longer playing, so it is easier for him to fade away. He also played for Bush, and that helps him politically. Nevertheless, don't forget it took time before Bonds was indicted. It will also take time for Clemens.

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2008, 01:15:25 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

What Malone did is completely irrelevant to basketball. Leave that for gossip columnists and evening news sensationalism.

Bonds -- a witchhunt? Completely nonsensical comment. Bonds got so much attention because he kept playing and passed a hallowed record after lying to congress. He also had his own TV show and always played the anti-hero, which was horrible PR and asking for trouble. If he were in the olympics, his medals would be stripped.

Personally, I don't really care about PEDs, but I also stopped caring about records and baseball history a long time ago.

Clemens is no longer playing, so it is easier for him to fade away. He also played for Bush, and that helps him politically. Nevertheless, don't forget it took time before Bonds was indicted. It will also take time for Clemens.
Exactly when did Roger Clemens play for George Bush?

Bush owned the Rangers between 1988 and 1998. Roger never played for Texas and played for the Red Sox untill 1996 before his 2 years at Toronto. At that point Bush had basically been out of baseball for 3 years because he resigned as Managing General Partner shortly after his Dad lost the White House so as to prepare for his own Presidential Run.

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2008, 02:08:10 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Exactly when did Roger Clemens play for George Bush?

Bush owned the Rangers between 1988 and 1998. Roger never played for Texas and played for the Red Sox untill 1996 before his 2 years at Toronto. At that point Bush had basically been out of baseball for 3 years because he resigned as Managing General Partner shortly after his Dad lost the White House so as to prepare for his own Presidential Run.

My bad. Palmeiro is the one who played for Bush, right? Not my main point, but thanks for the correction.

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2008, 09:33:28 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I'm not saying Larry was as bad as Karl, but let's not pretend that we don't have skeletons in our own team's closets. This is why I have said time and time again that we don't know these guys. We can comment on their play, but as to their hearts and deeds we have no idea. Trying to pretend like any of them are role models is a pretty big leap.

My point however was that I think this wasn't what was said. Having lived in Utah for a lot of years I know how bad Karl is. He has done plenty of terrible things, like this you mentioned, without mis-stating.
It is a whole lot worse if he said it to his son vs. his son saying it to him.
Kudos to the son if that is the way it really went down.
So if Malone had impregnated a 12 year old little girl when he was 20 but didn't say that statement to his son it would be better than if he impregnated a 12 year old little girl and did make the comment?

Are you for real?

The mother of Larry Bird's child wasn't 12 years old when they had sex and no one is pretending that that didn't happen, so why bring it up? The contention of the thread is that Malone is a sleezebag for having sex with a 12 year old not because of what he did or did not say or do for his son.

WOW!

I was responding to a mis-quote, not making a comment about the other. The Larry comment was in regards to not taking care of your responsibilites. That is what the poster was talking about, not the 12 year old. Don't try and insinuate that it had anything to do with my view of this other act. If I had my way I'd give all child molestors the chair.

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2008, 09:51:26 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I was responding to a mis-quote, not making a comment about the other.

Well, it wasn't necessarily a misquote.  If anything, there are two articles that have conflicting accounts of the story.  3OT didn't misquote the Buffalo News story, though.  I haven't read the original story you're referring to, so I can't make any real comparison between the two, though.

But yes, in terms of the supporting-your-child aspect of the story, Larry Bird doesn't win any father of the year awards.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm not saying Larry was as bad as Karl, but let's not pretend that we don't have skeletons in our own team's closets. This is why I have said time and time again that we don't know these guys. We can comment on their play, but as to their hearts and deeds we have no idea. Trying to pretend like any of them are role models is a pretty big leap.

My point however was that I think this wasn't what was said. Having lived in Utah for a lot of years I know how bad Karl is. He has done plenty of terrible things, like this you mentioned, without mis-stating.
It is a whole lot worse if he said it to his son vs. his son saying it to him.
Kudos to the son if that is the way it really went down.
So if Malone had impregnated a 12 year old little girl when he was 20 but didn't say that statement to his son it would be better than if he impregnated a 12 year old little girl and did make the comment?

Are you for real?

The mother of Larry Bird's child wasn't 12 years old when they had sex and no one is pretending that that didn't happen, so why bring it up? The contention of the thread is that Malone is a sleezebag for having sex with a 12 year old not because of what he did or did not say or do for his son.

WOW!

I was responding to a mis-quote, not making a comment about the other. The Larry comment was in regards to not taking care of your responsibilites. That is what the poster was talking about, not the 12 year old. Don't try and insinuate that it had anything to do with my view of this other act. If I had my way I'd give all child molestors the chair.

I was responding to a mis-quote, not making a comment about the other

As Roy stated, 3OT did not misquote the article. Either you misunderstood a similar article or read an article that's says something different, which you have yet to produce.

Considering that the great Larry had a pretty bad situation with kids of his I don't know that we should be too hard on Malone without slamming all of them!

Again 3OT's main contention was not what was said to the son. Here is a quote from the OP:

The most shocking thing was that Bell's mother had him when she was only 13 years old, and Malone was a college sophomore at the time.  
Unbelievably, the girl's family did not seek to press criminal charges.  To me, Malone is a sexual predator and a child molester.  He should be getting called out in the national press for his actions

3OT slammed Malone and wants Malone called out by the press for child molestation, not abandonment. I don't see the correlation with Larry or even the need to drag Larry's horrible handling of his out of marriage children into the same discussion as that of a child molester.

I'm not saying Larry was as bad as Karl, but let's not pretend that we don't have skeletons in our own team's closets.

Again, no one is pretending that Larry and the Celtics or any of us do not have skeletons in his closet. No one. No one but you even mentioned it.

I just find it terribly odd that you appeared to be going out of your way to overlook the sex with a 12 year old part of the discussion and focus in on the comment Malone may or may not have made to his son in your first couple of posts.

And then not only did you focus on the infinitely less egregious situation of a comment but then you intimated that because we are Celtic fans and Larry Bird was a Celtic and because Larry had children out of wedlock that he basically abandoned, we shouldn't criticize Malone for his entire action of statutory raping a 12 year old and then not supporting a child because, why? We don't still discuss Larry's history. How do you know that when the information of Larry's past came out, what has it been 17-20 years ago, that we in fact did not slam Larry and criticize him to the hilt.

I know I did.

Sorry, EJ, I just found your entire comments on the situation odd, that's all. Same as I found the guy that tried to bring Barry Bonds into the discussion's comments odd. I think what 3OT was trying to convey here is that Malone is a child molester and that he thinks its a sham that nothing is being picked up nationally about this.

I think that if 3OT wanted 60 Minutes to do a story on this the last thing he would want the focus of the discussion to be on isn't whether Malone told his son that he wanted to support him or not but what the hell was Malone doing having sex with a 12 year old and where the hell was this girl's parents and why didn't they look for justice.