Author Topic: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)  (Read 344635 times)

Re: Celticsblog fantasy bball keeper league (Draft Thread)
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Blake and JGod both PMed me their picks incase they can't make the draft today, so if they aren't around when it's their turn to pick, lemme know.

Also I think we should kick some owners out immediatly and look for replacements if these owners aren't back by 2 (we should let the replacement owners be able to pick in the first round before others start picking in the 2nd.) Like indeedproceed said, it will be much easier/more competitive to kick out the inactive managers now that they still have first round talent avaliable than to wait til the 2nd round is completed.

We are 15 now, if people didnt appear at 2.00 p.m. why not recruit only 3 more. And make them pick at the first slots, 1,2, and 3 in order of introduction ( to put them last will give them too much advantage with back to back picks). 18 players is a deep league as Lucky said.

Ok that is fine, it looks like we already have Whleedi to fill in 1 spot. I will go make a thread right now on it to try and get 2 more people. We will have to try to make sure they are reliable/active but there obv isnt a sure fire way to know this.

just remember there are only 3 spots left and deppends on if Players that already are registerd appears at 2.00
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2007, 11:23:10 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 61
Blake and JGod both PMed me their picks incase they can't make the draft today, so if they aren't around when it's their turn to pick, lemme know.

Also I think we should kick some owners out immediatly and look for replacements if these owners aren't back by 2 (we should let the replacement owners be able to pick in the first round before others start picking in the 2nd.) Like indeedproceed said, it will be much easier/more competitive to kick out the inactive managers now that they still have first round talent avaliable than to wait til the 2nd round is completed.

We are 15 now, if people didnt appear at 2.00 p.m. why not recruit only 3 more. And make them pick at the first slots, 1,2, and 3 in order of introduction ( to put them last will give them too much advantage with back to back picks). 18 players is a deep league as Lucky said.

Ok that is fine, it looks like we already have Whleedi to fill in 1 spot. I will go make a thread right now on it to try and get 2 more people. We will have to try to make sure they are reliable/active but there obv isnt a sure fire way to know this.

just remember there are only 3 spots left and deppends on if Players that already are registerd appears at 2.00

I think up to as many as 4 spots is fine to get it back to 20. (should be 5 but whleedi has claimed a spot).

« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2007, 11:25:35 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
Also I realized we should kick out the inactive managers by 1 not 2 in order to give the inactive managers time to pick their first round picks and still be able to keep with the 2 timeslot for the 2nd round.

« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
Also we need to figure out a lotto system for the rookie drafts each year.

Personally I think we should do it like the NBA. We can assign each lotto team their real life counterpart ie. worst record in our league gets the same pick the worst record in the NBA does etc.

In order to prevent tanking, I will make sure everyone is playing guys instead of playing no one/sitting injured guys and will kick out people if there is blatent tanking.

What are your guys thought about this?

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2007, 11:29:45 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

Personally I think we should do it like the NBA. We can assign each lotto team their real life counterpart ie. worst record in our league gets the same pick the worst record in the NBA does etc.

In order to prevent tanking, I will make sure everyone is playing guys instead of playing no one/sitting injured guys and will kick out people if there is blatent tanking.

That u make a better commisioner than Stern  ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2007, 11:31:34 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney

Haha well maybe kicking out people is too harsh, esp for their first warning. We could assign punishments like Roger Goddell does by either taking away their picks/moving their picks down ie. if they tanked and ended up wit the #1 overall maybe punish them and give them like a #5 pick or #10 pick instead depending on how blatent the tanking was. If they repeat the offense then we can start kicking them out or something.

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2007, 11:35:59 AM »

Offline AllabouttheGREEN

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 66

Haha well maybe kicking out people is too harsh, esp for their first warning. We could assign punishments like Roger Goddell does by either taking away their picks/moving their picks down ie. if they tanked and ended up wit the #1 overall maybe punish them and give them like a #5 pick or #10 pick instead depending on how blatent the tanking was. If they repeat the offense then we can start kicking them out or something.
LOL, that's hilarious.  No tanking allowed here.  I like the idea of giving the worst team the first pick, hopefully it'll help the cellar-dwellers feel good about staying active over the longrun. BTW great job CD5 and Edgar this morning, hopefully everything is all set by 1.     

"If you don't want to know much about basketball, then watch Gary and Greg on FSN..."

« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2007, 11:38:21 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
why not just do worst record, first pick, etc...

will someone tank? maybe, but cmon, no one here wants last place, and getting the number 1 pick when it comes to rookies in fantasy probably isnt going to be worthy of the mockery.  i could understand needing a lotto if it was a keeper league where we only kept 3-4 guys so stars would be available, but i just dont think people will actively tank.

whatever we do, doesnt matter, i wont be in the lotto to have it affect me  ;D

« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2007, 11:41:30 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
Ok that's fine, I guess we will just do it by record and screw the lotto. We will just have to be on the extra lookout for tanking, esp during those Oden/Durant type drafts.

« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2007, 11:49:40 AM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I'm not going to lie.  If there is no chance of my team making a push in the playoffs I will be "resting nagging injuries" of my best players.  So I vote that we do the real life counterpart of the lottery.

« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2007, 11:55:19 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
If I have been (or will be added) when do I need to be here to pick?

« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney
I'm not going to lie.  If there is no chance of my team making a push in the playoffs I will be "resting nagging injuries" of my best players.  So I vote that we do the real life counterpart of the lottery.

Come on man, don't make me have to take away picks. Just play your best players it's really not that hard. Tanking ruins the league because then everyone will start doing it and we will only have half or sometimes even less than half of the league actually trying each season.

« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2007, 11:57:22 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney

Yeah you have been added, you will get first prority of picks when we decide who is in and who is out (remember if you pick in one of the top spots ie. evantime you will get the 1st pick in the first round out of the avaliable players, but will pick very late in the 2nd round or you can opt to go late in the 1st round ie. BigAlTheFuture and have a very early 2nd round pick.)

You guys will start picking in an hour at 1 pm est

« Reply #88 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:29 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Yeah you have been added, you will get first prority of picks when we decide who is in and who is out (remember if you pick in one of the top spots ie. evantime you will get the 1st pick in the first round out of the avaliable players, but will pick very late in the 2nd round or you can opt to go late in the 1st round ie. BigAlTheFuture and have a very early 2nd round pick.)

Trust me, BigAl's slot is the one I was eyeballing. 

« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2007, 11:58:52 AM »

Offline CelticsDynasty5

• Don Chaney

Trust me, BigAl's slot is the one I was eyeballing. 

Ok.